Waitrose will close four supermarkets with loss of 124 jobs - but one will reopen as a Tesco in 2021Waitrose has revealed plans to close four of its supermarkets, with the loss of 124 jobs - but one will be sold to Tesco in the unusual move, described as a 'last resort' by boss Berangere Michel
- The panellists on Monday night were discussing if it was fair that those in locked down Melbourne could be fined $5,000 for having more people than allowed over for a barbecue.
- The 35-year-old View co-host gave birth on Monday night. A representative for McCain says her and daughter are 'happy and healthy'.
Lightning strikes! Tampa Bay wins its second Stanley Cup with a 2-0 Game 6 win over the Dallas StarsThe Tampa Bay Lightning won their second Stanley Cup with a 2-0 Game 6 win over the Dallas Stars in Edmonton on Monday. Meanwhile fans in Tampa celebrated outside the team's arena.
- The family of a teenager allegedly involved in a horror Pyrmont knife attack that left a father-of-one blinded have offered up a whopping $700,000 to secure his release.
- High street pharmacies have suspended bookings for over-65s due to a shortage of the flu vaccine, with demand estimated at 10 times what it was last year
- An Australian retail gianthas been slammed for taking nearly six months to pay some suppliers, despite claiming almost $60million in taxpayer funds.
- Western Australian man John Alexander Roy, 55, could be extradited back to Australia after he allegedly tried to import $1billion worth of drugs into the country
- Kamala Harris referred to the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg as 'Notorious BIG' instead of her famous moniker 'Notorious RBG'.
Cardinal George Pell to return to Rome for first time since his child abuse allegations were quashedCatholic Cardinal George Pell, 79, is expected to depart Sydney on Tuesday but the reason for his visit to the Vatican remains unknown.
- A young man panicked after diving into the Pacific Ocean in Encinitas, San Diego County, to swim with what he thought was a basking shark, only to realise it might be a great white
- Welfare recipients will soon have to use facial recognition technology (pictured) to access government benefits like JobSeeker as $250 million is set to be spent to upgrade online systems.
- International student Reese Chamberlain, 18, at the University of Edinburgh, says he has lost weight after promises of three meals a day have not come to fruition
- Parscale was hospitalized after he reportedly threatened to harm himself Sunday. He had ten firearms at his Fort Lauderdale mansion, according to police records.
- Used cars that were hardly popular when they were new are among the most sought-after secondhand vehicles in Australia. Global car supplyshortages have created an unusual situation.
- Bianca Stone, from Queensland, bought the L.O.L Surprise! doll from a local Coles for her daughter on Monday before getting an X-rated surprise.
- Made to the US strategic Command in Nebraska, the request is said to be part of a strategy to pressure Moscow into renegotiating the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty before the election.
- Bill de Blasio, the mayor of New York, has ordered an investigation into whether Donald Trump paid his share of city taxes, saying it was highly likely he had not given Sunday night's New York Times report.
- Dennis Crowe, 72, was walking home in Eccles, Salford, when he claims a young motorist sped round the corner and almost hit him, before a confrontation saw the pensioner savagely beaten
- These are the five things to watch out for as Donald Trump and Joe Biden face off in the first of three Presidential TV debates
- New South Wales has recorded its fourth day with zero community transmission.
- Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has said people who become infected while breaking COVID restrictions can avoid being fined by helping contact tracers.
- The worker, in his 70s, was squashed at a site on Wonbobbie Rd in Tenandra, central west New South Wales at about 5.30pm on Monday.
- An Australian deportee has been caught trying to escape hotel quarantine after using bed sheets as a rope to climb out the window.
- Leaving students at Merewether High School in Newcastle, north of Sydney, were challenged to send the girl - who was abused from the age of four to 10 - a message 'defending paedophiles'.
- Department of Premier and Cabinet secretary Chris Eccles, Department of Health and Human Services secretary Kym Peake and Department of Jobs secretary Simon Phemister were mentioned
- Manchester magistrates court heard that border officials who stopped Ismail Abedi entering the UK in 2015 found a phone with extremist images on it.
- The trio were one of ten division one prize winners in Saturday's TattsLotto draw. One of the brothers - from Richmond, Victoria - revealed the group played the same numbers every week.
- Thunderstorms are brewing across most of the country with a low pressure trough triggering windy weather and showers throughout Australia's east coast.
- Sergeant Matiu Ratana was shot when preparing to search a suspect in a police station in Croydon on Friday. Louis De Zoysa, 23, is understood to have shot himself in the incident
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!