- The Government's own scientific advisers warned that reopening schools and sending Brits back to work depended on an effective test and trace system being in place
- Some delicious new additions (Picture: Getty/McDonald’s)McDonald’s lovers, brace yourselves – the fast food giant has launched a brand new menu with six tasty new additions to try.Classics are receiving a makeover for a limited time only.From Wednesday 7 October, the signature Quarter Pounder will be available in a spicy version and a ‘deluxe’ variety.Priced at £4.79, the Spicy Quarter Pounder will be made up of 100% beef patty, two slices of pepper jack chees
Julia Roberts’ Hollywood career began with the 1998 film Mystic Pizza – but it could have all been so different.Gloria Estefan has revealed she was offered the role of Daisy Araújo in the romantic comedy-drama, but turned it down – leading to a then-unknown Julia taking the part.The Conga singer remotely appeared on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, and a
If there’s one thing central London was missing, it was a giant bronze statue of a pre-pubescent Harry Potter playing Quidditch.
Thankfully, some bright spark has answered our prayers and now, in the heart of Leicester Square, stands the most majestic effigy of everyone’s favourite Gryffindor.
The glorious carving depicts a young Hazza sitting astride his Nimbus 2000 during h
- Matthew Rush and Lucinda Peterson are accused of mugging and shooting a doctor as he arrived at a hospital to start his shift (Pictures: CBS Minnesota)A doctor was mugged and shot in the head by two violent criminals as he arrived to begin his shift at work. The unnamed medic was attacked on the parking ramp of M Health Fairview Southdale hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on September 14, and was struck in the head with a bullet after struggling with his assailants.They have been named by poli
- Enola Holmes has already captured the hearts of viewers since its release last week, and the cast and crew have revealed how they brought the character’s world to life. In an exclusive featurette, Millie Bobby Brown revealed why she had wanted to star in and co-produce the tale for Netflix. Millie, 16, who plays the title character, explained: ‘I’ve always wanted to play a British female lead, it was a brilliant book series that needed to be brought to life.’The
- Dr Andrew Lee, a public health expert at the University of Sheffield, has urged Brits to follow social distancing measures and wear face coverings in a bid to soften the potentially devastating effects of a second wave
- Henry McCarthy, 79, was supposed to be isolating after returning to Guernsey from the UK mainland, but when police went to check on him they discovered he had gone to the pub
- I don’t think I realised how much she meant to me until I heard the wedding news – I’m in love with her, but it never dawned on me until that moment, writes the man as he asks agony aunt Coleen Nolan for advice
- Flu jabs are in very high demand this year (Picture: PA)As Covid-19 cases continue to rise in the UK, there’s higher demand than ever for flu jabs – amid concerns that both are likely to be circulating at the same time this winter.Recent reports have suggested suppliers are running out of jabsafter people were warned about the dangers of catching both flu and Covid – which can greatly increase your risk of serious illness or death – while Boots stopped taking bookings for
- Selling Sunset’s Davina Potratz shades Chrishell Stause’s DWTS first dance (Picture: Getty / ABC)Netflix’s Selling Sunset star Davina Potratz has thrown all the shade at her fellow real estate agent Chrishell Stause who recently performed her first routine on Dancing With The Stars.
The reality star is partnered with the professional dancer Gleb Savchenko, and for her first routine, performed the tango to Pink’s Raise Your Glass.
This week saw her take on the new challeng
- We feel a lot less blue when we are dancing with nearly half of the 2,000 people asked claiming their mental health improves after showing off some moves at home
- BTS aren’t trying to be political (Picture: Matt Baron/REX)BTS have addressed their politics, denying that they are trying to send out a ‘grandiose message’.Since their debut seven years ago, the Korean group have risen to become the biggest boyband in the world, and recently landed their first US number one single with Dynamite.And as their star power has stepped up, so have their philanthropic efforts, with BTS donating $1 million (£770,000) to live entertainment person
- A lack of inspiration is also blamed as the top 30 interests people have are revealed with a survey commissioned by Sky Arts explaining what we really like doing with our spare time
- Boris Johnson's official spokesman said officials are 'constantly reviewing' the area's coronavirus restrictions - after Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson called for a full lockdown.
- The candid images were captured over ten years by musician and photographer Andy Crofts, who began performing with The Jam vocalist Weller, 62, in 2008.
- Daniel Bedenbaugh, 30, decided to duct tape hisdaughter Lucy's seat to a Roomba vacuum cleaner to entertain the six-month-old baby at their South Carolina home on September 22.
- Dr Julian Tang, from the University of Leicester, urged landlords to consider staggered leaving times for revellers in order to avoid further restrictions being imposed across the country.
- Deb Stead, 47, said little Aiden Stead-Homans died in her arms after his nine-month cancer battle - she wants to raise awareness of what happened to her son
- It comes after the Conservatives dodged an attempt to force the regulations to a vote from their own backbenchers
- The Kermode bear wanders up to a wooden pole in Terrace, British Columbia, Canada, and starts scratching up and down before grabbing hold with one of its paws and trying to nibble it.
MPs will now be consulted national coronavirus laws, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has confirmed.
Speaking today, Hancock stated that ‘scrutinised decisions are better decisions’ as he described the Commons as the ‘cockpit of the nation’. He said the government would allow MPs a vote on regulations concerning England or the whole of the UK ‘wherever possible
- The Victorian Society said the buildings were ‘built with great skill, and brighten their urban environment’ (Picture: PA)England and Wales’ most ‘endangered’ buildings include a gothic-towered police station, women’s hospital and the UK’s first lager brewery.
According to an annual list compiled by the Victorian Society, a Hippodrome turned circus theatre and a Samaritan Hospital are also among the top 10 buildings and structures most at risk of ruin.Th
- Tragic Kaitlyn Yozviak, from Macon, Georgia, was found in a filthy room surrounded by vermin by police, who have charged her parents Joey Yozviak, 38, and Mary Katherine 'Katie' Horton, 37, with second-degree murder
- Britain has offered the EU a last minute concession on the crunch issue of post-Brexit fishing rights in an attempt to break the negotiating deadlock in trade talks, it was claimed today.
- Jordan Henderson remains sidelined with injury (Picture: Visionhaus)Liverpool will be without a number of first team players for their Carabao Cup fourth round tie with Arsenal on Thursday night through injury and illness.Assistant manager Pep Ljinders confirmed on Wednesday that four players struggling with injury have not recovered in time for the second visit of the Gunners this week.They are Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip, Kostas Tsimikas and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.Ljinders told the official
- John Lewis is selling a range of sofas they say are perfect for lounging, but shoppers who came across them aren't best pleased about the name
- The Apple Watch Series 6 looks identical on the outside – apart from the new blue colour (Metro.co.uk)Apple’s sixth iteration of the Apple Watch continues to refine and improve a product which, the company says, already outsells the entire Swiss watch industry by itself.It’s not hard to fathom why. The Apple Watch, like the AirPods, is an almost perfect extension of the iPhone that millions of people carry around in their pockets every day.And while last year’s Apple Watc
- A teenager in Ohio asked for forgiveness from the family of a mother-of-four who was killed after he and a friend pushed a 75-pound log off a cliff last year.
- Daniel Cameron on Tuesday sought to defend himself ahead of the release of records that the grand jury was shown. He has been accused by an unidentified juror of misrepresenting facts.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!