- Victoria has gone three weeks without a new coronavirus infection and there is only one active case left in the state.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides update on Manchester United’s first-team plans for Amad Diallo and Facundo PellistriThe teenage duo both signed for United on deadline day over the summer (Pictures: Getty Images)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains hopeful that Amad Diallo will be granted a work permit and allowed to complete his move to Manchester United next month, while Facundo Pellistri is settling in well.The highly-rated teenage attackers both agreed moves to Old Trafford on deadline day, with the Uruguayan forward immediately moving to Manchester and Diallo remaining with Atalanta.Pellistri has already made sev
- There are plenty of good reasons why trans people are so uniquely excited to welcome Elliot Page (Picture: GEOFF ROBINS/AFP via Getty Images)On Tuesday evening, my phone exploded with the same text: ELLIOT!!!!!I spent a few moments trying to work out ‘Elliot who?’ before the news rolled in from every trans person I know. Actor Elliot Page had come out as one of us, and the overwhelming mood was delight.As a transgender man who works for an LGBTQ mental health charity, that’s no
- Hordes of bargain-hunters lined up for hours at some Primark chains as they packed out 24-hour stores from Trafford to Gateshead, Birmingham after the coronavirus lockdown ended
- Work to remove the plastic barriers on Kensington High Street continued last night and the westbound route it now clear, a day after labourers were disrupted by XR supporters.
- The 49-year-old from Lithgow, around 150km west of Sydney, allegedly made 522 online claims between January and June for the payment which compensated volunteers for their efforts.
- Cynthia Erivo is set to star as Sarah Forbes Bonetta (Picture: Getty/PA)Cynthia Erivo is set to produce and star in an upcoming film as Sarah Forbes Bonetta, an African princess who became Queen Victoria’s goddaughter.Sarah, who was originally named Omoba Aina, was an Egbado princess in West Africa in the 19th century.
She was tragically orphaned and enslaved, before being ‘gifted’ to Queen Victoria,renamed, and taken to England.
Harriet actress Cynthia is determined
- Morgan Green, 29, died inside a property in High Barns, Ely, after police were called shortly after 2pm on Tuesday. Her heartbroken loved ones have paid tribute to the 'beautiful angel' mother.
- David Ball spoke out after a dream holiday in Dubai turned into a medical and legal nightmare when his son Mason, 6, was left with terrible burns and nearly crushed by the train in 2018.
- A woman who was selling a dress she wore for her 18th birthday on Depop has been called out by Reddit users as she revealed a few too many X-rated details about it
- What will you be getting cosy with? (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Need some new shopping ideas from the world of fashion and beauty?If you’re looking at last-minute Christmas presents or just something for yourself, you’ll definitely find inspiration in this week’s Hot List.From adding a bit of astrology to your wardrobe to giving your hair a boost, our pick of the best fashion and beauty bits will definitely raise spirits in the run up to Christmas.Camille Charriere x aeyde shoe colle
- This mysterious UFO picture came from a secret Pentagon report (Credit: TheDebrief.org)This is the image of a UFO captured hovering 35,000 feet over the Atlantic that comes from a report by a secret Pentagon task force.Two classified intelligence ‘position reports’ were issued by the American Department of Defence’s Aerial Phenomena Task Force – one in 2018 and one earlier this year.The reports were circulated widely in the US intelligence community but have recently made
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Keen sportsman Shaun Young had become emotional while out with friends in Pontypridd, South Wales, and told them he was 'done', an inquest heard.
Chinese employees are 'forced to crawl on the floor' as punishment for failing to meet sales targetsThe staff are seen in the bizarre video getting on all fours while chanting slogans at a karaoke bar in north-eastern China's Jilin Province. They were being punished for failing to hit sales targets.
- President Donald Trump defended QAnon conspiracy theorists during a White House meeting on the Georgia Senate races, saying they believe in 'good government.'
- Around 17 staff at the Fisher's Hotel, in Pitlochry, Scotland, have been told in letters they are losing their jobs and will have to move out of their accommodation only weeks before Christmas.
- Greggs to launch bespoke customisable sandwiches through delivery serviceCredit: getty images/ greggsGreggs is said to be introducing a new delivery service that will cater to ‘fussy’ eaters, in partnership with Just Eat.
The Chief Executive told Business Live: ‘Customers are getting much fussier about food, so it’s about having food exactly the way they want it.’‘Digital channels will enable that, and because we have kitchens in every shop, we’re going
Tiger King star Carole Baskin has revealed she and Joe Exotic have never actually had a conversation despite their highly-publicised ‘feud.’The Big Cat Rescue CEO opened up about how the Netflix docu-series portrayed her rivalry with the GW Zoo owner.She said on Loose Women: ‘Joe and I never had a conversation. We have still never had a conversation.’The 59-year-o
- It was estimated to be between 0.9 and 1 last week (Picture: Rex)The estimated R rate for coronavirus across the UK has dropped to between 0.8 and 1, according to the latest official figures.It was estimated to be between 0.9 and 1 last week.The R number represents the average number of people each Covid-19 positive person goes on to infect. When the figure is above 1, an outbreak can grow exponentially.This is a breaking news story, more to follow…Visit our live blog for the latest updat
AOC insists 'tax the rich' sweatshirt is worth $58 price tag because 'we don't use slave-wage labor'The democratic socialist, 31, hit back at the critics explaining that the $58 price tag is necessary because 'we don't use slave-wage labor'.
- Operation Brock hopes to allow traffic to keep moving in both directions by splitting the London-bound carriageway while coastbound HGVs queue.
- Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan described Macron as 'trouble' and said France was 'passing through a very, very dangerous period' under his leadership.
- Lee Gilbert put up his decorations on November 4 (Picture: William Lailey/Caters News)Dad-of-two Lee Gilbert, 58, absolutely loves Christmas, and spares no expense celebrating the festive season.
On November 4 he started to put up his collection of decorations, which he has spent £27,000 on so far. Wow.
For this year’s festivities, the store assistant turned his living room into a carnival inspired by a Christmas village, which cost £15,000 alone.
And he has seven Christmas tre
- Yes, says Fleet Street Fox. Yes, it does
- Nonfarm payrolls increased by 245,000 jobs last month after rising by 610,000 in October, the Labor Department said.
That was the smallest gain since the jobs recovery started in May.
- Eltiona Skana, 30, had denied murdering Emily Jones at a park in Bolton but pleaded guilty to manslaughter. Prosecutors today said the CPS would no longer pursue a murder charge.
- The first doses of the approvedcoronavirus
vaccine arrived in the UK yesterday - with immunisation to begin from Tuesday, according to an NHS boss
- The customer only received a £20 voucher for his trouble (Picture: MEN Media)An unhappy KFC customer had to have a tooth removed after biting into a piece of ceramic tile wedged inside his chicken.
The man – who doesn’t want to be named – was enjoying a boneless box meal he bought from a branch in Grimsby, Lincolnshire, when he suddenly felt like he’d bitten down on a ‘massive stone’.
He says he cracked his tooth ‘right down the root’ and was
- Alcohol and DJ’ing equipment was found at the unit (Picture: SWNS)A man who organised two illegal raves within eight days of each other during lockdown has been slapped with a £10,000 fine.Abhishek Beltharia, 37, was found organising a second ‘unlicensed music event’ in an empty unit on an east London business park on September 8, just a week after hundreds of people had gathered for an illegal rave there on Bank Holiday Monday August 31.Police and council licensing offic
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!