- Victoria Police has launched an extraordinary manhunt for young lockdown protesters who wielded flares at last weekend's protests.
- Joe Biden has concluded 'it would not be appropriate to assert executive privilege' over requests by the Jan. 6th House select committee, which subpoenaed four former Trump aides Thursday.
- PAUL THOMAS on... the fuel crisis
- The Treasury paid out the sums from its Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme to his companies despite their shoddy or non-existent websites and no evidence of any actual staff.
- Derek Chauvin intends to appeal on 14 different grounds (Picture: Getty/Reuters/AP)The former Minneapolis police officer convicted of George Floyd’s murder plans to appeal his conviction and sentence, according to court documents.
Derek Chauvin, 45, indents to appeal on 14 different grounds, according to the documents filed yesterday.Among them, he says that Judge Cahill abused his discretion when he denied the defendant’s request to move the trial out of Hennepin County due to pre-t
- Keir Starmer's first proper conference as Labour leader this weekend risks being overshadowed by his unpopular attempt to rewrite internal rules as his deputy Angela Rayner also opposes it.
- Michael K. Williams died of an accidental overdose (Picture: Matt Baron/REX/Shutterstock)Michael K. Williams’ cause of death has been confirmed to be an accidental drug overdose according to New York’s Chief Medical Examiner. The Wire star, who died at the age of 54, was found dead at the start of September in the living room of his penthouse, by his nephew. The Medical Examiner has ruled that the case of death was acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, p-f
- Mat Surtees and his partner Natasha are just two of around six million people in the UK who will lose their £20 a week Universal Credit uplift in October, seeing their household income fall by £86 a month
- A boy, aged 12, has sadly died following an incident at indoor ski slope Tamworth SnowDome on Friday evening. Staffordshire Police confirmed a man had also been treated for his injuries
- Press Secretary Jenn Psaki said that her and President Biden believed big tech could do more to address issues of misinformation and how young girls are affected by toxic social media.
- GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Democratic Rep. Debbie Dingell got in a shouting match on the front porch of the U.S. Capitol Building Friday - over abortion, civility and Christianity.
- Lawyers for the Duke of York have asked to see a document signed in 2009 by Miss Roberts to resolve a civil case she brought against Jeffrey Epstein, which they claim could release him from liability.
- The volcanic eruption on Canary Island La Palma is ‘intensifying’ (Picture: Reuters/Getty)Three more towns have been evacuated on the Spanish island of La Palma due to intensifying volcanic eruptions.
Flights were cancelled to the popular tourist destination in the Canary Islands as a cloud of gas and ash filled the sky.
Fiery explosions have been seen emanating from volcano as the eruption, which began on Sunday, entered a new phase.
Loud bangs from the volcano’s mouth sent sh
- Thousands of Haitian migrants have been seen purchasing tickets at the Ciudad Acuna bus station in the past two days and say they plan to disappear.
- One of Labour's frontbenchers, shadow digital minister Chi Onwurah is due to speak at a Huawei event at the conference after it banned from the UK's 5G networks over espionage fears.
- Labour's deputy leader told the Mirror said her 'driving goal' in Government would be overhauling workers' rights - with ambitious plans to revive the struggling social care sector
- Ahead of Labour conference, Angela Rayner told the Mirror 'If I can get my little hands on getting into government in any way, stretch or form I can, I'll do it'
- A clip of the violent altercation, that is believed to have taken place in Dagenham, east London, this morning, shows two men fighting before one body-slams the other.
- First Lady Jill Biden visited Oakland Community College in Michigan on Friday along with Education Sec. Miguel Cardona to praise the return of in-person learning.
- Footage shot by Richard Mavor, 54, shows a mysterious black shape on the banks of the lake in Scotland. He said the shadow had 'the same shape as previous sightings of Nessie'.
Bake Off 2021: Eliminated contestant Tom reveals delightful crocheted mini-me mascot and we’ll take twoTom’s good luck mascot proved to be particularly precious (Picture: Channel 4)Tom, the first eliminated contestant of 2021’s GBBO, revealed the adorable, crocheted version of himself made by his sister as a good luck mascot on Friday’s first episode of The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice.Reflecting with host Jo Brand and guests comedian Sarah Millican, Casualty star Sunetra Sarker and Love Island’s Iain Stirling about his time on the show, the 28-year-old showed of
- According to figures, the average cost of a pint of lager in the UK could rise from £3.88 to more than £4 by Christmas.
- Prince Andrew is accused of forcing Virginia Guiffre to have sex with him at several locations, including properties owned by late financier Jeffrey Epstein when she was a teenager
- Raised in a quiet cul-de-sac in Emmer Green, Reading, Olly enjoyed a happy, middle-class childhood. But he was stabbed to death after an ambushed organised on Snapchat.
Frenzied buying causes flare ups at gridlocked filling stations as motorists ignore Government pleasIt came as Boris Johnson prepared to U-turn on demands to change visa rules to offer visas to 5,000 foreign lorry drivers in a bid to tackle the shortage and stop the economy grinding to a halt.
- William Shatner (right) is reportedly heading to space with Jeff Bezos’ (left) crew (Picture: Jeff Bezos PA/Getty)William Shatner appears to be set to boldly go where (not many) men have gone before, and head into space with Jeff Bezo’s Blue Origin crew. The Star Trek actor, 90, is rumoured to be part of the second crew to go on a space flight in the New Shepard capsule, according to TMZ. If the rumours are true, William would be the oldest person ever to go into space, dec
- In a significant victory for the Daily Mail's campaign, the Health Secretary stepped in and said he would slash red tape to give family doctors time to undertake more appointments in person.
- Kent Police arrested 39 people when activists with Insulate Britain - an offshoot of climate change group Extinction Rebellion - sat down on roads in and out of the cross-Channel ferry port this morning
- The former Countdown star has lifted the lid on her struggles to teach son Cameron.
- Jewish delegates at the Labour Party Conference have been warned they could face intimidation from hard-Left activists during a vote on a new anti-Semitism disciplinary system tomorrow.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!