- The Munich public prosecutor opened an investigation this week after the 26-year-old American woman went out partying in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- via mirror.co.ukJoseph McCann, 35, and Reynhard Sinaga, 37, both from Manchester, were handed 30 years in prison each but an appeal hearing this month could see them locked up for life
- 'United Shame of America'
- Heart-stopping footage shows three brave prison guards launching into action to save inmates after fire broke out t Mary Wade Correctional Centre at Lidcombe.
- Allison Langdon, 41, slammed both Donald Trump and Joe Biden on Thursday after the pair squabbled their way through the first US presidential debate.
- A retired British expat father was stunned to find that his copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was a super-rare first edition worth up to £50,000.
- Nigerian-born New Zealand UFC champ Israel Adesanya showed that he's a first-class guy by giving up his seat on the flight home after reclaiming the title.
- Guards employed by services company Spotless were sent home from the Novotel in Southbank half way through their shift on Wednesday.
- The 26-year-old man, from Queensland, began to message the 15-year-old girl onInstagram in May 2019 and told her she was 'beautiful' and 'could get anyone', Gladstone Magistrate's Court heard.
- Snake catcher Bryan Robinson travelled to Ferny Hills, 18km north-west of Brisbane, on Tuesday to remove a carpet python from a playroom.
- WARNING DISTRESSING IMAGES: The animals were found in cardboard or metal shipping boxes at the Dongxing Logistics station in Luohe city, in China's Henan province.
- Adem Somyurek was sacked in June as the minister for local government and small business, following a 60 Minutes expose on his alleged Labor branch stacking.
- Embattled ex-Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale has announced he is taking time away from his role in the election after he was involuntarily committed to a hospital this week.
- The gambling watchdog yesterday came under fire for its refusal to ban 'grooming' tactics used by bookmakers - even though it admits they are designed to make punters spend more.
- Poet Laureate Simon Armitage (pictured) told how lockdown sometimes left him lost for words. His new work about how the pandemic changed lives is released today.
- via mirror.co.ukGemma Gregory, 32, died alongside Drew Pedley, 22, when their car smashed into a tree on the A34 in Marton, Cheshire, leaving behind a devastated family, including a desperately ill son
- via metro.co.ukHorizon Forbidden West – not too advanced for the PS4 (pic: Sony)The Thursday Inbox is still unsure whether Fallout and Elder Scrolls will be Xbox exclusives, as one reader complains about GAME’s Xbox tax.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Same old thing
I’ve noticed a few people recently feeling that releasing the new generation games on the PlayStation 4 and old Xbox too will hold those games back. I can’t help but feel this is old
- The attendant was one of two cabin crew members injured during a domestic flight from Melbourne to Adelaide in September 2017.
- Storm Alex, the first named storm of the season, could bring four inches of rain, 65 mph gales and 24ft waves overnight, with the crisp autumnal sunshine being swept away.
- Hans and Julia Rausing, who provided a £10 million 'lifeline' for small and medium charities under the Charity Survival Fund this year, have added another £18 million to their fund.
- Experts from the University of Bath warn it is better to hold off from a caffeine hit until after breakfast because regularly drinking coffee beforehand may raise the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Video footage has emerged showing the moment a USMC F-35 stealth fighter jet fell out of the sky and exploded on the ground after hitting a tanker in a mid-air collision in California on Tuesday.
- Constable Mark Brown was being cross-examined on Wednesday in a Sydney local court over an incident which led to the unlawful arrest of Anya Bradford.
- via metro.co.ukCBeebies is set to mark Black History Month (Picture: PA)CBeebies is set to mark Black History Month with a story about Baroness Floella Benjamin’s arrival in London.The children’s TV channel will be kicking off the month of October with an appearance from A House Through Time presenter, Professor David Olusoga.He’ll be reading Coming to England by Floella Benjamin, which documents the Baroness’s journey to London from the Caribbean at age 10.The book documents her
- Plastic straws and stirrers and plastic-stemmed cotton buds will be banned in the UK from today in a major victory for the Mail's Turn the Tide on Plastic campaign.
- Letitia James, the New York state attorney general, on Wednesday filed a suit against New York Sports Club and Lucille Roberts for wrongly charging gym members during the pandemic.
Australia's grim coronavirus milestone 800th death is recorded after two more people die in VictoriaThe new cases, confirmed by the Department of Health and Human Services on Thursday, bring Melbourne's 14-day average down to 15.6.
Ten million people face mental health crisis as they deal with fallout from coronavirus report warnsAround 8.5 million adults and 1.5 million children in England are likely to need help to deal with the fallout from coronavirus, including losing loved ones and jobs.
- A Harvard University study found that women who miss periods or have irregular menstrual cycles should discuss it with their GP, as it could indicate a more serious health condition.
- The Health and Social Care Committee told the Government it should roll out weekly testing for all 1.3million NHS staff no later than the end of October.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!