- America's First Lady Dr Biden, 70, handed the gift to Carrie Johnson, the one-year-old's mother, as they enjoyed a stroll on the beach at Carbis Bay, Cornwall, on Thursday.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe to leave club after Raphael Varane arrivalThe young centre-back has a host of suitors who want him on loan (Pictures: Getty)Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that he expects Axel Tuanzebe to leave the club following the arrival of Raphael Varane from Real Madrid.The Red Devils have agreed a £34million deal to sign the World Cup winner, though he still needs to undergo a medical – which will require him to quarantine beforehand – and sign personal terms.Varane’s looming arrival gives Sol
- World champion Sam Kendricks will not compete at the Tokyo Olympics after testing positive for coronavirus (Picture: Getty)American pole-vaulter Sam Kendricks has been ruled out of the Tokyo Olympics after testing positive for coronavirus, the United States Olympic Committee has confirmed.Kendricks, the reigning world champion who won bronze at the Rio Games in 2016, has left the Olympic Village and been transferred to a quarantine facility in the Japanese capital.The USOC said in a statement: &
- NSW has called in the Australian Defence Force to enforce its hardcore four-week lockdown on two million Sydneysiders after the state recorded its worst-ever Covid numbers.
- An airman assigned to the 81st Training Wing died on Wednesday following a road traffic accident involving pedestrians, the base has announced. Three people were injured in the crash.
- Colby’s skin was left raw and he would scream in agony (Pictures: Jam Press/Kristi Chun)A mother has shared her four-year-old son’s incredible recovery after he was prescribed steroid creams to treat newborn eczema – which left his skin red raw.Kristi Chun, 38, from Hawaii, US, was concerned when her son Colby developed a small patch of eczema near his ear lobe one month after his birth in May 2017, with the condition soon spreading towards his mouth.As the eczema dev
- The Department for Education said 2,820 mainstream secondary schools have volunteered for the scheme, which is equivalent to 74 per cent of those eligible.
- Faith Moore, 16, was found near the Verde River around 4 p.m. on Wednesday after she was swept away by dangerous flooding during a monsoon in rural Arizona on Saturday.
- Dogs have had it pretty good in lockdown. With their owners WFH they have had more belly-rubs and midday snacks than they know what to do with.But all that’s about to change.As people slowly start to return to office life – either permanently or on a flexible schedule – dogs are going to have to get used to having more alone time. Unless, or course, you start bringing your dog to work.The pandemic also saw a huge rise in pet ownership, going from 41% of households to 59% i
- Luke decides it’s high time he proposed to Cindy! (Picture: Lime Pictures)Luke Morgan (Gary Lucy) comes to a huge decision in Hollyoaks next week, deciding that it’s time he propose to Cindy Cunningham (Stephanie Waring).
The young man, who viewers will know is worried about his dementia diagnosis, recently reunited with Cindy, after they’d fallen out due to mum Sue’s (Marian McLoughlin) meddling.
Sue assisted in reuniting the feuding lovers, before passing away in emotio
- A nasty scrap but who will win? (Picture: ITV)There’s all out war in Emmerdale as Mandy Dingle (Lisa Riley) and Nicola King (Nicola Wheeler) erupt into a huge fight over Jimmy (Nick Miles) and it’s a scrap that won’t be forgotten.
Elsewhere, teens are in danger as both Gabby Thomas (Rosie Bentham) and Sarah Sugden (Katie Hill) suffer medical emergencies.
Emmerdale spoilers this weekMONDAY Aug 2Home harmJamie breaks into Home Farm to access the safe, but before he can unload the
- Can Tiffany and Keegan fix things in EastEnders? (Picture: BBC)It’s a week full of pain and misery in EastEnders as Tiffany Butcher (Maisie Smith) is left devastated when Keegan Baker (Zack Morris) storms out on her – and it gets even worse when he finds himself in the arms of Dotty Cotton (Milly Zero).
Elsewhere, Nancy Carter (Maddy Hill) gets into a fight but when she and Frankie Lewis (Rose Ayling-Ellis) end up in prison, will it help them bond?
EastEnders spoilers this weekMonday
- Rescuers were rushed to the scene by air, train and on foot as two women were struck (Picture: Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team)Two walkers were airlifted to hospital after being hit by lightning on the summit of Snowdon.One of the women only received minor injuries but the other was seriously hurt during yesterday afternoon’s freak storm.
Rescuers said one of the hikers had blood running down one side of her face and and ‘falling in and out of consciousness’ when they arrived at
Big banks warn workers in Sydney branches could lose one in ten jobs, as food and petrol prices riseA tenth of workers are likely to lose their jobs during Sydney's extended lockdown and rising inflation and prices mean they will struggle when only getting $750-a-week government support.
- The women were at the summit of Snowdon in Wales when freak-weather hit the region yesterday afternoon.
- The X Factor won’t be returning anytime soon (Picture: ITV)The X Factor has been a staple of British TV for 17 years but ITV has now decided to scrap the talent show, with ‘no plans’ of it returning anytime soon.The series, which was created by Simon Cowell and began in 2004, hasn’t aired since 2018.ITV has now confirmed in a statement: ‘There are no current plans for the next series of The X Factor at this stage.’A source added that the show might not be gone
- Small amounts of anxiety are normal, but when should you listen to it? (Picture: Getty)Should you ever trust that voice in your head?That endless chatter that says you forgot to turn off your hair straightener. The utterance that makes you feel like you are trapped, in danger, can’t breathe or speak. And the internal babbling that never gives you a break from danger, worry and anxiousness. That incessant voice is anxiety, a severe condition for many. At some point or an
- Bethany Martin, 17, and her 16-year-old friend found the 25-year-old man's body lying in a drainage ditch in southwest Bexar County, Texas, on Monday morning.
Australian athletics team forced into isolation after positive Covid-19 case in the Olympian villageAustralia's athletics team have been forced into self-isolation after being exposed to a positive Covid-19 case in the Olympic village.
- Chalmers recorded the sixth fastest time during the semi finals which put him in lane seven for the main event where he won the silver.
- Muriel Bowser, the mayor of Washington DC, on Wednesday announced that she wants to hire 20 more police officers this year, and 150 more in the fiscal year 2022, amid rising crime.
Tokyo Olympics Day 6, what you missed overnight: Records tumble in the pool but no medals for Team GBThere was plenty of drama – and heartbreak – on Thursday (Pictures: PA/Getty/AP)China moved to the top of the Olympics medal table on day six of the Tokyo Games after another thrilling session of swimming action, though Team GB agonisingly missed out on more podium finishes. Here’s everything you missed overnight…Records tumble in the pool as Duncan Scott sets up another medal chanceThe highlight of Thursday’s early action undoubtedly came in the women’s 4x20
- Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert reportedly threw a COVID-19 face mask at a House staffer who tried to hand her one on Wednesday morning.
- The Olympics will be staying in East Asia for its 2022 winter games (Picture: Getty Images)After falling victim to the Covid-19 pandemic like so many other sporting events in 2020, the 2021 Tokyo Olympics are finally taking place, bringing over 200 nations together to compete for medals in everything from athletics to tennis.The summer games – which normally take place every four years – have been postponed by a year, which means we don’t have to wait too long for our next dose
Australian athletic team forced into lockdown after a positive Covid-19 case in the Olympian villageAustralia's athletics team have been forced into self-isolation after being exposed to a positive Covid-19 case in the Olympic village.
- A terminally ill man is the first person in Western Australia to use state's voluntary assisted dying laws to end their life as Premier Mark McGowan says it's a historic moment for the state
- via mirror.co.ukForecasters have issued severe weather warnings for rain in north west England and wind in south west England on Thursday and Friday, with gusts of up to 65mph predicted
- Ariarne Titmus has continued her utter domination over American legend Katie Ledecky anchoring Australia to gold in the 4x200m relay.
- Residents of Fort Mill, South Carolina, have claimed that a nearby paper mill plant is releasing noxious gases that cause migraines, dizziness, vomiting and nosebleeds.
- Residents of an inner-Melbourne suburb have been asked to stay vigilant for Covid symptoms after detection of the virus in wastewater in Thursday morning.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!