- via theguardian.comEven with average number of daily new cases decreasing, US is still experiencing 1,500 to 3,500 deaths a dayMore than 500,000 people have now died from Covid-19 in the US, just over a year after the country detected its first cases of a virus that has wrought almost unprecedented loss.Deaths breached half a million on Monday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, bringing the total to 500,071 . More than 28 million people have also tested positive for coronavirus in the US. Continue r
- Susanna looked back at seven years hosting the show (Picture: ITV)Susanna Reid has spoken about her experience of presenting Good Morning Britain, describing co-hosting with Piers Morgan like ‘sitting next to a pincushion’.The presenter, 50, described what it was like to clash with Piers frequently on the show, and also talked about the difference between him and co-presenter Ben Shephard.‘Ben Shephard is much more like a warm hug, whereas Piers Morgan is like sitting next to a
Outrage as one THIRD of arrivals revealed as visitors - despite 40,000 Australians stranded overseasJust under 11,000 visitorssecured flights to Australia in December, while 39,000 residents remain stranded overseas because of limited flights and cancellations due to the Covid pandemic.
- Chelsea forward Timo Werner recently ended a 14-game goal drought (Picture: Getty)Timo Werner is confident he will emerge from the ‘worst time’ of his career a better player after recently ending a 14-game goalscoring drought.The summer signing from RB Leipzig made an impressive start to his Chelsea career, but he struggled to maintain his early form in front of goal and has been guilty of a string of embarrassing misses.Werner’s wretched run of form culminated in missed penalt
- Brian attempted to go wild (Picture: Lorne Thomson/Redferns)Brian McFadden’s attempt to be a rock star backfired tremendously when he was knocked out by a television he tried to throw out a window.The 40-year-old was one of the original members of Westlife since their formation on 1998 – with his name spelled as Bryan – until his departure in 2004. Westlife were an instant phenomenon, achieving six UK number ones in a row and becoming one of the biggest boybands of all tim
- The man died of blood loss before he could make it to hospital in rural Telangana state, India. The rooster was briefly held at the local police station before it was sent to a poultry farm.
- As the pubs aren’t open, the option to drink then tumble into bed together wasn’t even on the table (Picture: Victoria Burt)When I was young, I was told you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet a prince.
Well, maybe I should have stuck to kissing because I’ve slept with a few I’d rather forget.Men who have left, all because – I am informed by my family and friends – I had sex with them ‘too early’ and they ‘lost interest’.&
- Jorginho has been a regular starter under Tuchel (Picture: Getty Images)Jorginho says he finds it ‘easy’ playing alongside Mateo Kovacic in Chelsea’s midfield and feels he has a ‘very good relationship’ on the pitch with his team-mate.The duo have been new Blues boss Thomas Tuchel’s first-choice pairing in the middle of the park so far as N’Golo Kante continues to return to full fitness following a hamstring injury.Jorginho and Kovacic have started in fi
- Scientists at Leicester University's department of genetics have sequenced the complete genome of the last Plantagenet King.
- Sun seekers have flocked to beaches in Brighton, Southend-on-Sea and Exeter and parks across the country amid 15C temperatures as police urged revellers to socially distance
- Carol Hardy, 52, was travelling in a white GMC pickup with her 17-year-old son, Kayden, in a southbound lane on the Eastex Freeway in New Caney when the wheel flee off the Dodge'
- School band rehearsals look a little different to what they used to (Pictures: Getty)Pupils at a school in the US have been able to hold band practices again but only if they isolate themselves in little green tents.
Pictures of the slightly bizarre scene have sparked a debate on social media with a congresswoman tweeting that it looked like ‘child abuse.’The musicians jumped at the chance to restart in-person rehearsals when the school started operating using a hybrid model on Janua
- Sergeant Lynwen Thomas, 37, died on the roadside near Bancyfelin in rural Carmarthenshire, Wales, after being struck by a van while cycling down thebusy A40 on Thursday evening.
Gary Neville praises Thomas Tuchel’s impact but warns Chelsea players will get ‘bored’ after two yearsGary Neville says Chelsea have made a quick improvement under Thomas Tuchel (Webby & O’Neill/Getty)Gary Neville believes Thomas Tuchel will improve Chelsea’s players but has warned the German that he will ‘need eyes in the back of his head’ at Stamford Bridge.Chelsea have yet to be beaten since Tuchel replaced Frank Lampard last month, winning all but two of their eight games in all competitions.Tuchel now faces two tough fixtures as Chelsea host Manchester United on
- A vandalised road sign in the Northern Territory has sparked a heated debate on social media about whether Indigenous place names should replace English names. What do you think?
- A video of an angry parent attempting to haggle with his Amazon Alexa device has gone viral - as little did he know, his daughter was controlling it from another room
- Before Melissa Caddick was a very successful alleged fake financial adviser, she was a real up-and-comer.
Jamie Laing took a trip down memory lane by watching one of his dance routines on Strictly Come Dancing… and was mortified to discover ‘you could see everything’ through his extremely tight trousers.For his very first performance with his professional partner Karen Hauer on the 2020 series of Strictly, Made In Chelsea star Jamie delivered a memorable Cha Cha Cha to vir
- Students are being pulled out of prestigious schools because of 'cultural' problems at elite schools in Sydney, as a shocking petition exposes alleged sexual assault and rape.
- Why is our obsession so enduring? (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)More likely to be on your auntie’s wall than your graduation photo, Marilyn Monroe has made a name for herself after her untimely death not just through her cinematic work but through an arguable oversaturation of her image in pop culture, on pop art and on black and white canvases in B&M Bargains.
The 50s starlet was the face of her generation and in the 00’s onwards, the favourite for many women’s idol of choic
- New Jersey native Madison McManus, 28, is celebrating three years free of addiction after spending six years homeless, losing her daughter and suffering 19 overdoses.
- Raniere, 60, claimed in a Dateline special that aired Friday that he 'didn't come up with' the idea to tattoo his initials K.A.R. above the bikini lines of the members of the secret master-slave group DOS.
- Kayleigh O'Connor, 18, has non-epileptic attack disorder, which her family believes was triggered by problems at school
Claudia Winkleman kicks off Radio 2 show with ‘six minutes’ of sleep after taking over from Graham NortonClaudia Winkleman had a sleepless night before her first show (Picture: Dave Benett/Getty Images)Claudia Winkleman has revealed she had a bit of a sleepless night before her first show on Radio 2, claiming she got less than ‘six minutes’.The Strictly Come Dancing co-host, 49, has taken over Graham Norton’s slot on Radio 2 after he left to go to Virgin Radio, and it seems the excitement of her first show was too much for Claudia. She told listeners: ‘Look, I’m g
- Mark Hoof suffered multiple stab wounds and died following the incident at a home in Coventry, Warwickshire at around 11.20am on Thursday.
- EXCLUSIVE: Amy Fenn and partner George Watts-Sturrock bought the house in Hockering, Norfolk, for £265,000 using the Government's flagship Help to Buy scheme
- Jack Barnes, 29, suffered a cardiac arrest following the incident in Victoria Station, Manchester in 2016 - which a coroner has now ruled as an unlawful killing
- The brawl unfolded in the middle of the dayin Hillside in Melbourne's outer-west after one manaccused his shirtless neighbour of threatening his children.
- The 26-year-old, who has not been named, suffered burns to her hands, feet and head after the incident last Sunday in the temporary camp set up on the Greek island after fires destroyed the Moria site.
- Janet said her husband Brian suffers from COPD and emphysema which is being made worse by the mould-riddled flat
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!