- via theguardian.comUnsettled weather forecast across England and Wales with ‘torrential thundery downpours’ in the eastThe Met Office has issued weather and flood warnings as Storm Evert moved eastwards across Britain with thunderstorms forecast for the weekend.Yellow wind warnings are in place for coastal areas in south-east England and East Anglia, and thunderstorm warnings for a swath of England from Nottingham to Norwich and north as far as Hull. Continue reading...
Bridgerton season 2: Netflix releases first teaser clip and it’s a juicy Anthony Bridgerton and Kate Sharma argumentThe leads for season two feature in the first clip of Bridgerton’s new season (Picture: Twitter/Netflix)Netflix has offered a first glimpse of the new season of its hit show Bridgerton, with a sneak peek at a conversation between season two’s central character Anthony Bridgerton and new leading lady, Kate Sharma.A clip from the second season of the drama was shared on social media on Saturday, introducing viewers to forthright Kate, who is played by Sex Education star Simone Ashley.T
- Manchester United suffered their second home defeat on the bounce (Picture: Getty)Bruno Fernandes has vowed to ‘come back stronger’ after missing the target with a late penalty in Manchester United’s 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa.The Portugal attacking midfielder was handed a golden opportunity to score a stoppage-time equaliser as Kortney Hause handled inside the box just moments after putting the visitors in front at Old Trafford.But Fernandes, renowned for his quality from the s
- Jeremy Corbyn says Sir Keir Starmer’s party has brought division instead of unity (Picture: Reuters/PA)Former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has accused the party’s current leadership of ‘turning its back’ on the opportunity for change.
It comes after Sir Keir Starmer was forced to water down plans to change leadership election rules which would have taken away power from members.
The current Labour leader wanted to abandon the one member, one vote system, which helped Corby
- ANDREW MORTON: Harry was desperate for Meghan and his sister-in-law to bond - a tall order given their contrasting careers and social backgrounds.
- The new UK SAS rifle, Gepard GM6 Lynx, has been likened to a howitzer cannon for its devastating impact, even though it weighs just 23lb and is less than 4ft long.
- The Prince is being sued in New York by Virginia Giuffre, now 38, who alleges he sexually abused her on three separate occasions when she was 17 - in London, New York and Caribbean.
- Almost 27,000 girls aged under 18 in England were either the victims of sexual abuse or at risk of being exploited in 2019-20, according to statistics released by the Department for Education.
- Thanks to Keith Mothersdale, Rathmell in the Yorkshire Dales has lightning-quick broadband and he can boast the UK's fastest internet speed.
- Princess Diana's biographer Andrew Morton provides explosive new details of the rift which led to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepping down as working Royals and moving to the US.
- It’s a confusing time for Liam as he continues to push his wife away (Picture: ITV)Liam Cavanagh’s (Jonny McPherson) marriage to Leyla (Roxy Shahidi) is set to become even more strained in Emmerdale as he tells a huge lie to his already broken and exhausted wife.Leyla can’t help noticing Liam’s been behaving oddly since starting at Hotten General.Wanting answers, Leyla makes her way over to the hospital, but is left troubled when she discovers Liam doesn’t actually
- Is time behind bars waiting for Jean? (Picture: BBC)Jean Slater (Gillian Wright) is facing the prospect of time behind bars in EastEnders, following the discovery she was growing drugs in her garage.During the lead up to Ruby’s (Louisa Lytton) exit scenes, she discovered Jean was growing cannabis and decided to report her to the police.After the fire at Phil’s (Steve McFadden), Jean was arrested for possession of drugs.But with her stress increasing, Jean collapsed and was taken to h
- It’s more happiness for the killer (Pictures: ITV)Corey Brent (Maximus Evans) will continue to get away with murder in Coronation Street and to make matters worse for Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher) and Seb Franklin’s (Harry Visioni) family, Corey will be promoted in his football career.After Kelly’s (Millie Gibson) sentencing, Kevin (Michael Le Vell) is angry to spot Sabeen (Zora Bishop) in the court lobby and rages at her for getting Corey off scot-free.Later, Jack reveals that
- The Labour leader faced claims that he would now be open to a 'coup from the Right' if the leadership rules are agreed by the party's conference today.
‘I’m hoping everything is okay’ – Callum Smith sends message to Lenin Castillo after brutal knockoutLenin Castillo had to be stretchered from the ring after Callum Smith’s huge shot (Picture: Getty)Callum Smith has passed on his best wishes to Lenin Castillo after his brutal knockout victory over the Dominican fighter on the Anthony Joshua versus Oleksandr Usyk undercard.Castillo was floored by a devastating shot in the second round and referee Bob Williams immediately brought the light-heavyweight bout to a halt as the 33-year-old lay on the mat with his legs shaking.Smith wheeled away
Strictly 2021: Piers Morgan is ‘disappointed’ by Dan Walker’s first dance after it’s better than expectedPiers Morgan (left) was ‘disappointed’ Dan Walker (right) was good on Strictly (Picture: Getty / BBC)Piers Morgan has shared his verdict on Dan Walker’s first dance on Strictly Come Dancing 2021, revealing he was ‘disappointed’ that the newsreader was actually good. The broadcaster, 56, has had a long-standing pseudo-rivalry with his fellow presenter Dan, 44, so of course he was tuning in to Strictly to see whether he would embarrass himself or not. Follow
- Billionaire financier Bill Gross should face five days in jail for violating a judge's order not to play loud music at his $32million Laguna Beach mansion, in California.
- Tom Felton thanked fans for their support (Picture: Instagram @t22felton)Tom Felton took to Instagram to reassure fans he was ‘on the mend’ after collapsing during a celebrity golf match this week. The Harry Potter star, 34, who played Draco Malfoy in the franchise, had been stretchered off the course on Thursday after experiencing a medical emergency during practice day ahead of the Ryder Cup at the Whistling Straits Golf Course in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.Fans and friends had floc
- As the UK gets desperate for truck drivers the Mirror sends a reporter to have a go - and it's nowhere near as easy as you might think, with our man keen to stick to his normal work
- The local fire service said 11 engines had been sent to the scene on West Lane in Sittingbourne on Saturday night
- Mr Rubert Bear the Shi Zhu was savaged while on the beach in Ramsgate, Kent, leaving the pooch needed to have one of his eyes removed and his owner anxious to walk him
- Marjorie Armson and Anthony Lynam are among millions of parents in the UK who will be hit by the Universal Credit cut on October 6. Marcus Rashford is begging Boris Johnson to axe it
- On Friday, Giuliani appeared on Steve Bannon's podcast, where the two discussed his probation at Fox News over the misinformation he spread regarding the 2020 presidential election.
- Statistics show 280 with convictions for murder and manslaughter came from Romania, 72 were from Poland and 34 from Lithuania. In 2017, Michael Podlaszczyk, 33, got life for raping and robbing a woman
- Marcus Rashford is right to point out all the talk of 'levelling up' means little when families will lose a lifeline on October 6. It should not fall to a footballer to speak for the poor but they’re lucky he has
- Mr Corbyn warned Sir Keir of a grassroots rebellion by Labour members which could see him ousted
- Cork blimey – no corkscrew, no problem! (Picture: Getty)Lockdowns and Covid changed how a lot of us operate. For a while, home pub quizzes and staying in were a necessity, but many of us might have realised that nights in are the new nights out and have kept that up.
Whether you’re having a Netflix night-in alone or having your friends over for dinner and drinks, the only thing you don’t want to encounter is a corked bottle of wine with no corkscrew.
Luckily. there’s some
- “Hail and thunder is also a risk to the North and West, so Monday heralds a real change towards the autumnal-style weather" says Met Office spokesman
- Thousands of people reported issues with the main channel, Channel 5 and subsidiaries including e4, 4more, 4film and 4music on popular website downdetector.com.
- Chloe Platt, of Netherfield Close, Noctorum, deposited money that her dad Gary stole as part of a burglary gang which smashed up safes and broke down doors with axes
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!