- Sir Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust and a member of the of the Government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, has called for a three week circuit breaker lockdown
- A series of yellow weather warnings have been issued by the Met Office across the weekend (Picture: Amer Ghazzal / REX)The UK will be battered by heavy rain and strong winds this weekend as Storm Aiden and the remnants of Hurricane Zeta hit in quick succession.The two separate Atlantic low-pressure systems will pass over the UK on Saturday and Sunday, bringing disruption and risk of flooding to some areas. Zeta lashed the US Gulf Coast shore earlier this week.The Met Office has issued a series o
- New Zealanders were asked whether they want to legalise euthanasia and cannabis (Picture: Getty)New Zealanders have voted resoundingly to legalise assisted suicide, although another proposal to legalise recreational cannabis appears to have been narrowly rejected.The binding referendum returned 65 per cent of votes in favour of allowing euthanasia and 34 per cent against after approximately 83 per cent of votes had been counted.Asked whether marijuana should be legalised, 53 per cent voted again
Jane McDonald’s album of Madonna and J-Lo covers has fans claiming she’s ‘single-handedly saved 2020’All hail Jane McDonald (Picture: Getty/Twitter)Jane McDonald has released a majestic new album of covers and fans are ABSOLUTELY LIVING FOR IT.
The presenter has put her own spin on some pop classics like Madonna’s Ray Of Light and Jennifer Lopez’s Let’s Get Loud in ‘Cruising With Jane McDonald Volume 2’.Other floor-fillers that got the Auntie Jane treatment include The Pussycat Dolls’ Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny), Marvin Gaye’s Ain’t No Mountain H
- Faerez Bagna, who lived in Kensington, West London, 'stepped back into a deep trench' on the shore as friends took pictures of him, before a current pulled him underwater, where he remained for 15 minutes and died
- Former bomb disposal expert Micky went on to win gold as a para-powerlifting athlete at the IPC Powerlifting European Championships and is just one beneficiary of the £30million* you raise for good causes every week by playing The National Lottery
- Ideally you want this happy look when they open their presents (Credits: Getty Images)When it comes to Christmas, you’ll probably see plenty of gift guides and adverts that tell you what to buy for folks.That might be all well and good to give you an idea for your auntie or co-worker, but kids will not settle for a house plant or a shower gel set.Depending on what generation you are, you’ll have asked for Hot Wheels, Shrinky Dinks, a Gameboy, Pogs, or a Tamagotchi. Nowadays, these to
- While Marcus Rashford is showing every single day just how amazing he is, the Government is showing just how inhumane they can be(Pictue: Daniel Leal Olivas/PA Wire/WIktor Szymanowicz/NurPhoto)A prime minister, a chancellor and a footballer enter a room… and only one has compassion and any idea about the British spirit, and the British people. Millions of children face hunger this half-term. This isn’t new, but the situation is far worse now due to coronavirus.
- Dwight Turner, furthest left, paid Michael Poggi, right and right photo, $150 to ‘play’ with a leopard – then complained when the animal scalped him (Pictures: WPLG/Facebook)An exotic animal admirer paid $150 to ‘play’ with a black leopard and rub its belly – only for the big cat to scalp him.
Dwight Turner was horrifically mauled by the rare creature after signing up for sanctuary owner Michael Poggi’s ‘full contact experience,’ which gives
- The March 2020 incident took place at an unnamed restaurant in the Western Canadian city of Burnaby, just east of Vancouver. Video was released on Thursday by the Burnaby RCMP.
- A further 163 people in England, who tested positive for the Coronavirus (Covid-19) have died - bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths there to 32,647
The trailer for Michael Bay’s film Songbird dropped this week and fans have already dubbed it ‘tone-deaf’ with the pandemic thriller showing us what four years of lockdown and a 50% mortality rate might look like.Essentially, it’s a whole heap of ‘read the room’ to a lot of people.Songbird, which stars KJ Apa and Demi Moore, imagines a dystopian future
- Wunmi Mosaku and Sope Dirisu take the lead in His House (Picture: Aidan Monaghan/Netflix)As far as standard haunted house ghost stories go, His House might initially sound pretty run of the mill. A young couple move into a rundown house in a rough area somewhere in the UK and begin hearing things within the walls of their home. However, throw in the fact they are seeking asylum from South Sudan while mourning a heartbreaking death, Remi Weekes’ Netflix horror suddenly becomes som
- Social media users have slammed the £3 costume on sale at ASDA saying that it sends the wrong message to children while ASDA says the costume isn't scare and is an alternative to a scary outfit
- Jeremy Bamber was jailed for life for the murder of his adoptive parents, his sister and her twin sons (Picture: PA)Murderer Jeremy Bamber has had his bid to be transferred from his maximum-security prison to a lower grade facility rejected.Bamber, 59, is serving a life sentence for the murder of his adoptive parents Nevill and June, his sister Sheila Caffell and her six-year-old twins Daniel and Nicholas at White House Farm, Essex, in 1985.He has always protested his innocence.Bamber was trying
- The Victorian Deer Control Strategy is a long-term plan starting with a $1million investment to reduce the numbers of feral deer in the outer northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
Nadia Sawalha has revealed she almost gave her dad a heart attack when she turned up at his house dressed as Uncle Fester – because he thought it was his dead uncle. The Loose Women star, 55, revealed on Friday’s show that her costume was so convincing that it freaked her dad right out. She’d been made over as the Addams Family character for Loose Women’
- Jordan Trainor, 25, engaged in the 'sexual touching' of a teen at Wetherby Young Offender Institution and was involved in 'improper relationships' with two inmates.
- Kalidou Koulibaly has long been linked with a move to the Premier League (Picture: Getty Images)Kalidou Koulibaly says he is loving life at Napoli but when it comes to his future he has left his options open, saying: ‘We’ll see what happens.’The 29-year-old has long been linked with a move to the Premier League, with Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool all talked about as potential destinations for the defender.The centre-back turns 30 next year, so time is running
Chris Evans has claimed President Donald Trump refused to work with him on the actor’s political education project.The Captain America star launched A Starting Point earlier this year to help US citizens to have a better understanding about the policies of elected representatives.Speaking about the bipartisan effort to educate the public on civic engagement and politics, Chris open
- Grace Tame's personal experience sparked the #LetHerSpeak campaign, which aimed to challenge laws preventing victims of sexual assault from publicly discussing the crimes.
- But the advisory panel, whose key advice has helped guide Number 10 through the pandemic, warned it was certain the outbreak is growing 'rapidly across the country'.
- Donald Trump Jn was urging people to use statistics about coronavirus deaths instead of cases (Pictures: Getty Images)Donald Trump Jr. has said coronavirus deaths in the US ‘are almost nothing’ – on a day when nearly 1,000 new fatalities were recorded.
In an interview with Fox News’ Laura Ingraham, the president’s oldest son said people were talking about ‘rising cases’ instead of deaths because ‘the numbers are almost nothing’.
On the day of
- A 30-year-old climbed onto a balcony on Thursday after police arrived at the hotel to speak to a woman about an alleged assault.
- BP on Friday announced it will close the 65-year-old refinery, south of Perth, leaving hundreds of employees out of work.
- (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)Racial inequality in the workplace can be a real issue. So much so, 78% of young Black employees have heard racist language in the office.A new report suggests that it is, at least in part, up to white employees and managers to improve workplaces for their ethnic minority colleagues.The report, launched by Chartered Management Institute (CMI), states that it is ‘vital for white people to become more aware of their privilege and power’.By ac
- Henry Cavill (right) is the public’s favourite to take over as James Bond after Daniel Craig (left) (Picture: Getty)Henry Cavill has emerged as the public’s favourite to take over the role of James Bond after Daniel Craig retires from the role. Daniel’s last outing as the suave super spy will be in No Time To Die, but his replacement has yet to be announced. Henry has topped a public poll by Digital Spy magazine, making him their favourite to step into the tuxedo next
- Gov. Newsom announced new safety guidelines earlier this month for all private gatherings just as Californians were gearing up for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Wallace, 27, was killed Monday while holding a knife during a confrontation with two police officers in West Philadelphia.
- Dramatic and shaking video footage shows streets that look like rivers with furniture swimming down them after the earthquake reportedly caused water levels to rise
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!