- Professor Calum Semple has said there is lots to be optimistic about - but there are also potential risks and pitfalls ahead
- Morbidly obese people are in the sixth priority ‘at-risk’ group (Picture: Getty Images)Severely overweight people will be sixth in line for a coronavirus vaccine after an updated list ranked them above the over 60s.Shielders will be the fourth priority, on an equal footing with the over 70s, and two above morbidly obese people aged 18 – 65, who fall into the ‘at-risk’ category.Those at very high risk from Covid-19, who were made to shield during the earlier stages o
- 10,500 turkeys are to be killed (Picture: Getty Images)More than 10,000 turkeys are set to be killed after another bird flu outbreak was confirmed on an English farm.
The birds will be culled at a premises in North Yorkshire after avian flu was confirmed there, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) confirmed.In a statement, it said: ‘Avian influenza of the H5N8 strain was confirmed at a turkey fattening premises near Northallerton on Saturday, November 28.‘Al
- A motorist is pulled over by officers from the Violent Crime Task Force (Picture: PA)The commissioner of the Metropolitan Police has defended the use of stop and search powers, despite the fact that they are disproportionately used on black people.Cressida Dick said: ‘In the past couple of years we have considerably reduced the number of stabbings of young — I’m afraid I have to say black — boys in the streets of London. ‘But the figures are still truly shockin
- James Bond actor Sir Sean Connery's official cause of death was listed as 'respiratory failure' brought about by pneumonia, old age and heart condition atrial fibrillation.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Sunday night no vaccine would be distributed around Australia until authorities can be 100 per cent certain it is safe for the public to use.
- Insiders have claimed contestants on the celebrity version of Mastermind are directed to the sources the quiz creators use to make the questions.
- As we approached Monkey Beach during our Thailand holiday in 2016, I felt excitement at the idea of spending some time with wild macaques.With our guide’s warning not to feed the monkeys ringing in my ears, we rowed up to the shore.But I didn’t even get to step foot on the beach before monkeys lunged into our kayak, with one swiping at my eye, while two bit my hand and foot – breaking the skin. At least I’d closed my eyes and just got a nick on th
- Joanna Page starred in last year’s special with Mathew Horne (Picture: BBC/GS TV Productions Ltd/Tom Jackson)Joanna Page has spoken about the possibility of more Gavin & Stacey, saying the cast will ‘surely’ reunite for another special in the future.It comes after the BBC’s Chief Content Officer Charlotte Moore teased new episodes of the show, only for star and writer Ruth Jones to shut down the rumours.Now, Joanna has added more fuel to the fire.Last year’s Chr
- Halsey hits out at The Grammys for snubbing The Weeknd (Picture: Getty)Halsey has spoken out against The Grammys, after The Weeknd was noticeably snubbed during this year’s nominations.
The nominations for The Grammys 2020 were revealed last week, with Beyoncé leading those listed, after landing a huge nine nods.
Taylor Swift, Roddy Rich, Dua Lipa and Megan Thee Stallion were among the stars being recognised, but fans were left venting their frustration after The Weeknd failed to se
As Strictly Come Dancing star HRVY is declared ‘GOAT’ by Craig Revel Horwood after perfect score – what does ‘GOAT’ mean?HRVY and Janette Manrara bagged a perfect score for their routine on Saturday night (Picture: PA)Strictly Come Dancing star HRVY is likely feeling on top of the world after being called the acronym ‘GOAT’ on Saturday night’s live show, which left many viewers wondering what the slang term means.The singer and his professional dance partner Janette Manrara bagged a perfect score for their Couple’s Choice routine.Dressed in matching tie-dye outfits they performed a Street/C
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Comments from a friend of Prince Charles come amid rising concern that the popular Netflix show is misinforming the public about the history of the monarchy
- Looks great (Picture: @Athomewithshannon/TikTok)A mum has created a breakfast station for her kids that not only looks great but saves her from fussing over them every morning.Savvy mum Shannon, who shares hacks, recipes, and DIY tips, showed off the cart on her TikTok.
The breakfast bar includes big cereal dispensers, a squeezy milk container to avoid spills, fresh fruits, and plenty of juice options.
In case the kids don’t want a whole piece of fruit, Shannon also had cut-up pieces store
- Kevin Hart made a controversial joke about Heaven (right) (Picture: FilmMagic)Kevin Hart has responded to the backlash mounting over a joke in his latest Netflix stand-up special, in which he appears to call his teenage daughter a ‘h*e’. The Jumanji actor released his new special, Zero F***s Given, this month and while some fans have praised his comedic genius, others have taken offence to a particular joke about his 15-year-old daughter Heaven. In the special, Kevin jokes
- Dominic Raab today admitted there is a 'risk' of a third wave of coronavirus infections in the New Year if ministers 'don't get the balance right' on tiered restrictions.
- Ana and Ben returned to LA for Thanksgiving (Picture: X17online.com)Ana de Armas spent Thanksgiving with Ben Affleck and his children, as the couple marked their first holiday together.The Deep Water co-stars, who have been linked since March, are going strong, and after visiting New Orleans last week for reshoots, the couple jetted back to Los Angeles to spend Thanksgiving together.According to reports, Ben, 48, hosted his children Violet, 14, Seraphina, 11 and Samuel, eight, at his house for T
- Sinead Quinn, who owns Quinn Blakey Hairdressers in Oakenshaw, near Bradford, West Yorkshire, was fined a total of £27,000. But she has now been issued with a closure notice.
- Emma Swain, 23, was told by her GP at The Haling Park Partnership in Croydon, South London, that she was too young for a smear test and was worrying too much due to the 'Jade Goody effect'.
- Cate Blanchett has slammed Australia's practice of indefinite detention of asylum seekers as 'traumatic', comparing it to the uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Frank Lampard and Jose Mourinho go head-to-head on Sunday (Picture: Getty Images)Frank Lampard and Jose Mourinho meet on Sunday afternoon at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea host Tottenham in a huge Premier League clash between two of the early pace-setters.If there is a winner in west London that team will go to the top of the table, while a draw for Spurs will be enough to see them reclaim top spot from Liverpool.Tottenham have the best defence in the division, conceding just nine goals in nine game
- Kayleigh trying out the hack (Picture: @kayleightaylor93/TikTok)Every year, Lush fans eagerly await the return of the brand’s Snow Fairy shower gel at Christmas time.The pink product smells of bubblegum and candyfloss and often people like to stock up on the stuff.But one woman has found a way to get even more of the smell from each bottle – by adding a little to her laundry.While Lush only recommends using the gel on your body in the shower, Scottish TikTokker @kayleightaylor93
- Daniel Dubois surrendered in the tenth round to hand Joe Joyce victory (Picture: Getty)Dillian Whyte launched a foul-mouthed attack on heavyweight rival Daniel Dubois and Frank Warren after the young fighter suffered his first professional defeat to Joe Joyce last night.A powerful jab from Joyce forced Dubois’ left eye shut midway through the bout and the 23-year-old took a knee in the tenth round to bring an end to the spectacle.Both Dubois and his promoter, Warren, had been vocal with th
- Care worker Anna Cunningham said the video of 83-year-old Maria Czerkawskyj shows that window visits are unsuitable for dementia sufferers who are unable to communicate
- Anne Hathaway opens up on being a mum in lockdown (Picture: Rex)Anne Hathaway has opened up on the challenges of motherhood and admits being a mum in lockdown has been a ‘learning curve’.
The actress, 38, shares two children with husband Adam Shulman; sons Jonathan, four, and one-year-old Jack.
Discussing her family life in a new interview with Australia’s Stellar magazine, Hathaway revealed what it’s been like parenting during the pandemic.
Asked what her biggest challen
- Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab admitted there could be a fresh wave of infections - and wouldn't rule out a third national lockdown
I’m A Celebrity 2020: Vernon Kay gets romantic as he looks back on moment he proposed to wife Tess DalyVernon Kay and Tess Daly have been married since 2003 (Picture: Getty)Vernon Kay told his I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! camp mates about his romantic proposal to his wife of 17 years Tess Daly.In previously unseen footage from this week in the castle, the stars recalled their happiest memories.The TV star, who has been sending secret signals to his other half while in the castle, chose the moment he popped the question to the Strictly Come Dancing host by giving her a ring on
- Lochie Miller was fishing east of Maatsuyker Island, the southernmost point of Tasmania, with dad Leo Miller when he hooked the monster tuna and battled hard to haul it into their boat.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking for some Premier League consistency (Picture: Getty Images)Manchester United travel to Southampton on Sunday afternoon as they look to climb into the top half of the Premier League table after an inconsistent start to the season.The Red Devils are 13th in the table going into the contest, with victory over West Brom last weekend setting them back on the right course after difficult results.Southampton are enjoying a more impressive campaign so far, sitting fifth i
- Bikes make up just 1.75 per cent of total traffic on roads - including in Bradford, Brighton and Bristol - which lost a carriageway to a cycle-friendly route, new research has shown.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!