- Boris Johnson has said there is no point continuing talks with the EU with 200,000 traders to receive a letter detailing new customs and tax rules as exit draws closer
- Climate change is real, it’s here and it’s terrifying (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)Feelings of anxiety and dread over climate change are not uncommon and as global warming continues to worsen, the toll that it’s taking on our mind is likely getting worse too.From the ongoing pandemic to the atomic fear associated with the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis, modern humanity is no stranger to living under the threat of large scale calamitous events.
But while other d
- First Minister Mark Drakeford said he recognised that people were 'fed up' as he hinted at a rethink on the draconian move, saying 'common sense' was needed.
- Offset was not handcuffed as he spoke to police after being removed from his car (Picture: P&P / MEGA)Cardi B’s husband Offset live-streamed himself being dragged from his car by police officers and being detained while driving through a Donald Trump rally. The Migos rapper was in the middle of filming an Instagram live as several officers approached his side of the car and asked the star to remove his hands from the steering wheel. Offset, real name Kiari Cephus, refused and
- MAIL ON SUNDAY COMMENT: National crises usually bring us together. As a country we are famous for our unity in times of peril. But this crisis is pulling us apart.
- The government's Covid-19 taskforce is understood to be considering slashing self-isolation for those who come into contact with infected individuals to between a week and 10 days.
- Adele belted out her hits in an SNL sketch (Picture: NBC)Adele delivered some news about her new album while hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend, while also treating fans to brief performances of her former hits. Fans had desperately hoped the Someone Like You singer would announce a release date for her anticipated fourth studio album or debut a new single. While neither of those happened, the 32-year-old was kind enough to at least reveal where she’s at with her new music.
- Stephanie Smith, 28, was living in Athens, Alabama, with her daughter Zadie in 2016 when the unimaginable happened - and she posted for months about the 'pain she endured' - but there was more to the story...
Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn explains why a formation change won’t be a magic cure for Mikel Arteta’s attacking problemsArteta’s side have been blunt in attack (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal’s recent creativity issues have led to calls for the Spaniard to ditch his 3-4-3 formation in favour of utilising a flat back four. However, Gunners legend Nigel Winterburn says there is much more to work to be done to improve his former side’s creativity issues than just switching systems.When Arteta took over from his predecessor Unai Emery back in December 2019, he inherited a team that was struggling on
- Protesters gathered in Piazza del Popolo in Rome on Saturday evening. When they were told to leave due to the latest curfew measures, the situation got worse and turned violent
Adele cracks jokes about weight loss as she makes Saturday Night Live hosting debut: ‘This is only half of me’Adele laughed off all the chatter about her incredible weight loss on Saturday Night Live this weekend, taking the light approach when addressing her new look for the first time. The Hello singer made her debut hosting the hit NBC sketch show alongside musical guest H.E.R. and SNL regular Kate McKinnon. In her opening monologue, Adele – who looked stunning in a black off-the-shoulder peplum top and figure-hugging trousers – tackled the elephant in the room with her trademar
- 'Are we in Cleveland?' Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris is heard asking an assistant in a clip that circulated widely on social media on Saturday.
- Pacific Gas and Electric may cut power to more than 1 million people in Northern and Central California on Sunday from 10am for as long as 24 hours as strong winds increase the risk of wildfire
- Richmond Tigers celebrated their third premiership in four years on the Gold Coast after winning the AFL grand final against the Geelong Cats in Brisbane
- Despite the current average sitting at 4.6 new cases a day, the premier said he could not open up until the results of at least 1000 tests from the northern metropolitan outbreak were known.
- An extra hour in bed is always welcome (Picture: Getty)If you found yourself waking up this morning and questioning why your phone says one time, but your wall clock another, you’re not alone.The clocks going back offer an extra hour in bed, but they also mark the start of winter and the long, dark nights that come with it.So, did the clocks go back last night – and why?Did the clocks go back last night?Yes, the clocks went back last night – or this morning, to be precise.At 2a
- Paul Dimattina, a former Western Bulldogs AFL player, has slammed Mr Andrews as 'a liar' and called for the Victorian Premier to end Melbourne's draconian lockdown.
- Bella Boyer was walking through Quinns Rocks, in north Perth, when a man emerged from some bushes. She tried to run away but he kept following her and told her 'come here' with a 'creepy smile'
- The US president voted in West Palm Beach, Florida, which is near his private Mar-a-Lago club. After casting his ballot, he told reporters 'I voted for a guy named Trump'
- The Victoria Racing Club have announced no fans will be allowed to attend the Melbourne Cup at Flemington Racecourse next week.
- Tyler Maxwell, 18, says he was left stunned when officials at Spruce Creek High School revoked his parking pass last month because of the overt political display.
- Pence's office confirmed he has tested negative after the cluster in his office was confirmed. The circumstances around their infections are unclear and it's not known whether they stemmed from an event.
- SNL spoofed the second presidential debate as Alec Baldwin (left) returned to play President Trump while Jim Carrey (right) portrayed Joe Biden in the show's cold open on NBC.
- Lou Dobbs has slammed GOP Senator Lindsey Graham on Fox Business. He implored South Carolina voters to reject the four-term senator in November's election.
- Australian cyclist Jai Hindley has taken the overall lead of the Giro d'Italia on the penultimate day.
- A man is in a critical condition after being attacked by a shark at the Great Barrier Reef.
- Taxpayers have already footed $5.7million after the cost jumped from an original $3million.
- Donny Jackson, 40, was arrested in Oklahoma on suspicion of murder and was taken into custody near the city of Erick on Saturday. His daughters were safely recovered from their father's car
- Britain endured a miserable Saturday for the most part with heavy rain and strong winds blighting the country - and the forecast for next week suggests there will be no let up soon
- British singer Adele hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend, appearing on the show for the second time - but her first in the main role. The 32-year-old has not released any new music since 2015.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!