- via theguardian.comGDP expanded by 0.9% before impact of Omicron as Christmas shopping began earlyAnalysis: Omicron likely to slow UK bouncebackBusiness live updates: UK economy grew by 0.9% in NovemberSee all our coronavirus coverageThe UK economy surpassed its pre-pandemic level for the first time in November after growing by 0.9% over the month, partly driven by an unexpected surge in early Christmas shopping.The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said a jump in restaurant bookings and a rapid turnaround in c
- Nine Royal Mail boxes have disappeared from villages in Suffolk and Norfolk since January 7. The first was in Rickinghall, Suffolk, with eight others then taken over a ten-day period.
- Consumer champion Which? advises against filing a return too close to the January 31 deadline but found in a survey that 19 per cent of respondents had not considered doing something about it.
- Supermarkets, restaurants and off-licences are all experiencing shortages of popular wines including burgundy and sauvignon blanc.
Games Inbox: Sony buying GTA and Take-Two, Hotline Miami 10 year anniversary, and MicroVisionBlizzardWhat if Rockstar and GTA became format exclusives? (pic: Rockstar Games)The Friday Inbox wants to see an Xbox version of Mario Kart or Smash Bros., as one reader looks forward to Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Just to add fuel to the fire, I’m happy with the buyout of Activision. When I heard about it several people said to me Call Of Duty would be Xbox exclusive, which I said ‘No, it wi
Euphoria season 2 episode 3 recap: Cal Jacobs’ ambiguous past comes to light as Rue Bennett seeks new business opportunitiesChaotic as per usual (Picture: HBO)Warning: spoilers ahead for episode three of Euphoria on Sky Atlantic and NowFans have been wrapped up in the colourful gang of East Highland’s debauchery, and a new season of Euphoria always guarantees new drama, so cue in the third chapter.So much has already gone down, Fezco (Angus Cloud) almost beat Nate Jacobs(Jacob Elordi) to death, Cassie Howard (Sydney Sweeney) and Nate are hooking up, and Rue Bennett (Zendaya) and Jules Vaughn (Hunter Schafer) ar
- The family carnival in Brunswick Heads, in the Byron Shire, turned ugly on Friday night when staff at the fair allegedly pounced on teens for throwing water bombs filled with urine.
- Eight finalists from Australia's states and territories have been nominated for the top honour ranging from passionate campaigners, vaccine researchers, athletes and filmmakers.
- Daniel Dayment spent £10,000 kitting out his Citroen Relay van with a double bed, a toilet and a mini kitchen to avoid paying for university accommodation
- Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has announced 10,212 new Covid cases and 13 deaths as the chief health officer said the Omicron peak may have been reached on Gold Coast.
- The Animal Poisons Helpline has revealed one of the ingredients in the self-test kits is extremely poisonous to dogs - specifically the test buffer solution - in an urgent warning to pet owners.
- ROGER LEWIS: I became an antisocial recluse, as anyone would if they went to premieres which start off civilised but after a while, as the trays of drinks circulate, everyone seems to go a bit bonkers.
- Jonathan Gierke, 19, of Lawrenceville, Georgia, and Zachary Riffle, 18, of Kingwood, West Virginia, were identified as the two Marines killed when their military truck crashed in North Carolina.
- Dutch military police said that man was found after he had squeezed into the wheel section below the fuselage of a flight from South Africa to the Netherlands on Sunday
- An amendment proposed to the Higher Education (Freedom of Speech) Bill currently in Parliament would force universities to disclose the names of any foreign donors giving more than £50,000.
- The former mayor of Otley, in West Yorkshire, is being investigated over allegations that he faked being a decorated war hero who served in the Falklands and Northern Ireland.
- Insurance company Aviva has revealed a list of unusual but valid claims it has dealt with as it marks 325 years in business. In 1960, a payout was made after a sheep leapt through a shop window.
- Justice Secretary Dominic Raab said the programme would help tackle a backlog of more than 300,000 cases built up during the pandemic. He intends to recruit around 4,000 people.
- Police officers from the Metropolitan Police's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command have provided their accounts to Sue Gray, according to a source.
- Chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant has revealed the Omicron wave is slowing in NSW and eased concerns of parents who are 'anxious' about sending their kids to school.
- An emotional apology and vow 'not to waste my life' by Kallista Mutten, the mother of allegedly murdered nine-year-old schoolgirl Charlise, over the car accident that killed a friend has come to light.
- The U.S. said it was ordering the departure of eligible family members of staff from its embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine. The U.S. said all citizens should consider leaving due to a 'threat of military action'.
- Get set for your week! (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Well, it’s that time of week again – namely, the start. Ugh.But if you want to start the week right, then you’ve come to the right place.
Libra, this is the week for you to start doing those household chores you’ve been putting off.
And time to seek advice about that difficult financial decision, Aquarius.
Read on for a full set of forecasts.
AriesMarch 21 to April 20It’s all change as Mars, your ruler, moves into C
- Aviva has shared its most unusual insurance claims, including the 1878 case of a London hotelier who blasted himself in the eye with a champagne bottle cork
- Iconic French fashion designer Thierry Mugler, whose designs were warn by entertainment royalty from Kim Kardashian to Lady Gaga to Beyonce, is dead at the age of 73.
Dani Dyer celebrates son Santiago’s first birthday with adorable Instagram post: ‘You showed me what unconditional love is’She loves him to bits (Picture: Instagram)Dani Dyer has shared an emotional Instagram tribute to her son on his first birthday.The former Love Island star, 25, gave birth to little Santiago one year ago, and they’ve celebrated in style with a massive cake.Dani shared a series of adorable snaps with her 3.4million followers, showing the tot digging into the white cake and having such a great time that he ended up with jam all over his arms.Alongside the pics of her son’s cheeky smile,
- Gary Neville was pleased for Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford (Picture: Sky Sports)Gary Neville says Manchester United’s dramatic winner against West Ham was ‘really important’ for Marcus Rashford and the club as a whole.West Ham looked set to become the latest team to frustrate Ralf Rangnick’s side at Old Trafford but Rashford scored with virtually the last kick of the game to send United back into the top four.The last-minute win came just three days after Manc
Katie Price seen for first time after ‘arrest for breaking restraining order’ as she faces jail timeKatie Price and Carl Woods were seen out driving after the star’s arrest (Picture: GoffPhotos.com)Katie Price has been pictured for the first time since she was arrested for allegedly breaking her restraining order, with her fiance Carl Woods seen driving her around.The My Crazy Life star was spotted in the passenger seat of a car, as the pair stopped for petrol.The couple, who got engaged last year, donned casual looks, with Katie wearing a pink hoodie and jacket.
The former glamour model
Coronation Street spoilers: Katy Armstrong’s mum Linda in emotional return for grandson Joseph BrownNew spoiler pics show the pair saying goodbye at the airport (Picture: Mark Campbell/MCPIX)Coronation Street’s Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) struggled after his young son Joseph (William Flanagan) went missing, but it seems he’s about to wave goodbye to the cobbles for good in upcoming scenes.The youngster ran away from home earlier this month leaving his family in turmoil.It came after Joseph believed he would get more attention from his father Chesney who’s been busy working to p
- Mugler died on Sunday (Picture: WireImage)Fashion designer Thierry Mugler has died at the age of 73, it has been confirmed.
Mugler’s death was announced on Sunday in a post on his official Instagram account.
Alongside a black square, the message read: ‘#RIP We are devastated to announce the passing of Mr Manfred Thierry Mugler on Sunday January 23rd 2022. May his soul Rest In Peace.’
Mugler, full name Manfred Thierry Mugler, worked with countless A-listers over the course
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!