- via bbc.co.ukBroad terms of UK-Australia trade deal agreed, BBC understands, with formal announcement expected on Tuesday
- As crowds celebrate ousting of an administration blamed for economic stagnation, opposition accuses Kais Saied of staging a coupTunisian president Kais Saied has suspended parliament and dismissed prime minister Hichem Mechichi after a day of protests against the ruling party brought the country’s political crisis to a head.Cheering crowds quickly flooded the streets of the capital Tunis after Saied’s announcement on Sunday, celebrating and honking car horns in scenes that recalled t
- BBC nature presenter Iolo Williams said they are scaring birds and sealife - and there is little police can do because jet-skis have no registration plates to identify them.
- via mirror.co.ukThe flash floods have caused chaos across London as more than double July's average monthly rainfall fell in the space of a few hours
- Vladimir Putin said Russia had the power to launch a strike against its enemies. It comes as military officials announced tests of advanced new weapons.
- Snowdonia's quarries in Wales are said to have roofed important buildings around the world, including Copenhagen city hall and the Royal Exhibition Building in Melbourne.
- Olympics fans were left furious after the broadcaster tweeted Chelsie Giles had won a bronze medal in judo before their delayed coverage had finished on BBC One.
- A Scottish man has issued a warning to fellow backpackers after his ute was vandalised during a trip to Wollumbin National Park, in NSW's Northern Rivers region, on Saturday.
- NYPD on Sunday released images of three young white men they want to speak to in connection with a brutal attack on a 44-year-old firefighter as he was walking his dog on Friday evening.
- Kais Saied says he will form a new administration amid outpouring of support in the ‘happiest moment since the 2011 revolution’Tunisian president Kais Saied has suspended parliament and dismissed prime minister Hichem Mechichi after a day of protests against the ruling party brought the country’s political crisis to a head.Cheering crowds quickly flooded the streets of the capital Tunis after Saied’s announcement on Sunday, celebrating and honking car horns in scenes that
- Missing British backpacker Esther Dingley could have fallen after being caught out by a snow-covered mountain path in the Pyrenees, a local expert has speculated after remains were found.
- Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – is it a better game now? (pic: Nintendo)The Monday Inbox talks about real life moments that remind you of video games, as one reader celebrates Max Payne’s 20th anniversary.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
After being dubious about Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, I decided to take the plunge and I’m glad to say, I’ve enjoyed it far more than I ever did on the Wii. My issue with the motion controls was
- Shocking figures show fraud convictions in Britain have slumped by 62 per cent since 2011 to their lowest level in 14 years. But reports of investment fraud have spiked by 343 per cent since 2017.
- Men’s event won by Norway’s Kristian BlummenfeltYee finishes second with New Zealand’s Hayden Wilde thirdIn the sweaty heat of a Tokyo morning, Alex Yee summoned the performance of his young life to win a triathlon silver medal for Britain at these Olympic Games. For a few tantalising minutes it appeared that gold could be in the 23-year-old’s grasp, but he had no answer to a stunning final lap surge from the Norwegian Kristian Blummenfelt.An enthralling race appeared to
- Retired art teacher Alison White, 64, hoped to get up to 500 blooms, but there are now 1,452 at St Margaret of Antioch in Barley, Hertfordshire.
- via mirror.co.ukTravellers from amber listed countries can skip isolating at home for 10 days if they have been given two doses of a vaccine - and it's believed France could move back to the amber list
- The Government launched a pet theft taskforce in May - but 508 dogs have been stolen since. The Kennel Club claims the thefts are being treated as 'petty crime' and is calling for tougher laws.
Pink offers to pay Norwegian women’s beach handball team fine as she brands bikini uniform ruling ‘very sexist’Pink has been impressed by the team’s stance (Picture: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for AMAZON PRIME VIDEO)Pink has thrown her support behind the Norwegian women’s beach handball team after they were fined for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms, offering to pick up their bill from the European Beach Handball Championships.The team received a 1,500 euro (£1,295) fine from the European Handball Federation (EHF) after wearing shorts, deemed ‘inappropriate clothing’,
- World Health Organization has called on government to impose tighter virus curbsIndonesia’s government has said small businesses and some shopping malls can reopen despite warnings that loosening curbs could spark another Covid wave.President Joko Widodo said measures imposed in early July would continue until 2 August as the Delta variant spreads across the country, which has been overtaking India and Brazil as the world’s virus epicentre. Continue reading...
- Alex Yee had to settle for silver behind Kristian Blummenfelt in the triathlon (Picture: Getty Images)Alex Yee won silver in the men’s triathlon for Team GB after an epic race in the Tokyo heat which saw Norwegian winner Kristian Blummenfelt requiring a wheelchair after crossing the line.The 23-year-old Londoner was in contention for the gold until the last mile when Blummenfelt kicked on for the line.It looked like the man from Bergen had gone a bit early but he was strong enough to hold
Love Island 2021: Lucinda Strafford ready to ‘continue things’ with Aaron Francis over Brad McClelland after double dumpingAaron and Lucinda have left the villa (Picture: ITV/Rex/Shutterstock)Despite their exit as a couple during Sunday night’s Love Island double dumping, Lucinda Strafford and Aaron Fracis seem ready to ‘continue things’ on the outside, with Lucinda putting her eggs in Aaron’s basket over Brad McClelland’s.After packing their bags at the villa, Lucinda described leaving the show with Aaron as ‘amazing, so I am happy’.When pushed on who she would rather pursu
Olympics 2020 day three: Kristian Blummenfelt wins men’s triathlon ahead of Alex Yee, swimming, gymnastics and more – live!Live updates from day three’s Games action in TokyoGames schedule | Results | Medal table | Full coverageSign up for the Guardian’s daily Olympic briefingEmail Tom with your thoughts or tweet @Tom_Lutz 12.25am BST The surfing competition at Tsurigasaki beach has produced a major shock after Australia’s Steph Gilmore, the seven-time world champion and current world No 5, was bundled out on Monday morning. Gilmore had looked in good nick when competition got under way on Sunday,
- Anne-Marie is making decisions for herself and no one else (Picture: Getty)Anne-Marie says she felt like ‘an a***hole’ going into therapy despite her glitzy life as a pop star.The 2002 singer sought help after building up a paranoia that people ‘hated’ her.She became fearful simply leaving her house but the sessions worked wonders and even provided new fodder for her latest record, unsurprisingly called Therapy.‘I almost felt like a bit of an a***hole saying to ever
- Ex-England football star Wayne Rooney reportedly partied into the early hours of Sunday with model Tayler Ryan and her friends Elise Melvin and Brooke Morgan, all 21, in Manchester.
- Police had been monitoring encrypted messaging platform Telegramas early as May before the protests erupted in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide on Saturday.
- The task force wants to make schools more welcoming as kids return to classrooms after the COVID-19 pandemic and calls to defund the police after the death of George Floyd.
- The UK's biggest tobacco company has sold over £1billion worth of menthol-tasting cigarettes in the year since menthol cigarettes were banned, the Mail can reveal.
- Boris Johnson will unveil his 'beating crime plan' tomorrow after leaving his Chequers country retreat following Covid isolation. But the Police Federation branded it unworkable, particularly due to cuts.
- Laura Whitmore is on her way! (Picture: ITV)Laura Whitmore has hinted at a return to the Love Island villa as the Casa Amor bombshells are set to properly shake things up.The 12 new islanders have already vowed to go for what they want, which could case chaos if past villas are anything to go by.It came after fans began to wonder where the host had got to earlier this month, having reportedly spent less than 12 minutes on screen since this series began on June 28.The TV star addressed her absenc
- Under plans being considered by the Government, football fans who are not fully vaccinated could be barred from attending Premier League matches from October.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!