- The outdoorsy life certainly isn't for everyone, but if you're planning a trip to somewhere like North Wales, which is known for its rugged landscape and hiking routes, you should probably know what you're letting yourself in for.
- Crime scene investigators have been looking for evidence on Welland Street in Greenwich (Pictures: LNP)A dad-of-two who was knifed to death in London has been remembered as the ‘brightest star’ and an ‘absolute gent’.The man named locally as Reece, 30, was found in Greenwich shortly after 1am on Friday.Paramedics and police desperately fought to save his life with CPR and he was rushed to a nearby hospital.He died of his injuries at 2.37am.Family and friends paid tribute
- Trump critic and target of the former president's mockery, Khizr Khan was officially nominated for a position within the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom.
- The daily death tolltrebled in 24 hours from 321 Thursday to 891 Friday, according to Johns Hopkins data - but the numbers are not what they seem.
- Department of Health bosses posted 26,144 infections today, down 17.8 per cent on last Saturday's figure of 31,795. And the number of people dying with the virus has fallen to 71.
- Two high schools - including the prestigious Brisbane Grammar School in Spring Hill - are the latest to be caught up in the Covid outbreak in Queensland.
- Data from both the CDC KFF shows millions of blacks, Hispanics and people of all races under the age of 40 are also refusing to have the shot.
- Thousands of pensioners died as Covid spread through care homes (Pictures: Getty)Elderly people in their 70s faced being denied a hospital bed under an NHS plan for pandemics.The secret NHS England document proposed treating patients on their chances of survival rather than clinical need.The strategy was designed in 2017 to ensure the health service would cope in the event of a severe flu pandemic.Care could be given on a triage system if as many as 6,500 out of a projected emergency 7,000 inten
- Covid cases have continued to fall (Picture: Metro.co.uk)The UK has reported 26,144 new Covid cases and 71 more deaths in the latest 24-hour period.Today’s case figures have slightly decreased on yesterday’s total of 29,622 while deaths have crept up marginally.
There have been 192,251 new infections in the last seven days, a 33% decrease on the week before.
Meanwhile, there have been 488 deaths this week, 41 more than last week.The latest figures show 927 people were admitted to hos
Tokyo 2020 Day Eight Highlights: Jamaica sweep record-breaking 100m final, Team GB strike relay goldMixed emotions for Team GB as Jamaica secure the 1-2-3 in the 100m final.Team GB took their medal haul to 26 after day eight of action at the Toyko Olympics and there was plenty of drama on a huge Saturday of action.Jamaica dominate 100m finalJamaica secured a dominant 1-2-3 in the 100m final with Elaine Thompson-Herah defending her Olympic title.With an incredible time of 10.61 seconds, she becomes the second fastest woman in history, just 0.12 seconds behind American Florence Griffith Joyner w
- Dina Asher-Smith has withdrawn from the Tokyo Olympics after an injury. (Picture: Getty)Dina Asher-Smith, who was shortlisted for BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year in 2013, was one of Team GB’s brightest stars heading into the Tokyo Olympics.
Sadly for Asher-Smith, she was forced to pull out of competing due to a torn hamstring injuryFans will rally around her as she recovers, with a strong future ahead of her.
How old is she and what sport does Dina Asher-Smith compete in?
Who is D
- Perry Ryan was on his rounds in Waterlooville when he heard Mrs Shoker screaming in pain as she went into labour. Perry stayed around and helped the woman give birth before getting back to work
- Data based on the seven days to July 26 found that Middlesbrough continues to have the highest rate, with 981 new cases in the seven days to July 26 - the equivalent of 695.8 per 100,000 people
- A week ago there were 31,285 cases, while a fortnight ago that figure was 53,969, the Department of Health figures confirmed today
- The victim was found ‘on the floor’ in High Wycombe (Pictures: PA)A murder investigation has been launched after a man was found dead in the street surrounded by a group of males who fled the scene when police arrived.Officers on patrol in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, in the early hours of Saturday morning spotted the victim, aged in his 50s, ‘on the floor’ in Micklefield Road.He was surrounded by a gang of men who all ran off as they approached.The officers found the m
- Lois Bhagwan, 56, enticed her victims with promises of high returns, investing in her charitable project's high-interest fund by naming a range of celebrities, Oxford Crown Court has heard.
- Columnist Andrew Sullivan says the COVID outbreak in Provincetown, Massachusetts, thattriggered CDC's mask U-turn was sparked by wild July 4 parties.
- The decorated centre-back has left the Bernabeu after a decade (Picture: PA)Manchester United new boy Raphael Varane snubbed last-minute approaches from both Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain after speaking with Darren Fletcher, according to reports.The Red Devils have agreed a fee worth around £40million for the World Cup winner, who said his goodbyes to his Real Madrid teammates on Friday and will now fly to Manchester to complete the deal.Although Varane only had a year left on his contra
- Danish Siddiqui, 38, was buriedin Delhi, India, two days after he was killed covering fighting between Afghan security forces and the Taliban near a border crossing with Pakistan earlier this month.
- The Prime Minister's wife revealed she's expecting a brother or sister for their son Wilfred in December
- An 18-year-old man was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary with "life-changing injuries" after the incident on the A93, with two other people also hurt, Police Scotland said
- The rooms are a huge hit on TikTok (Picture: Airbnb)Love Island is in full swing, with this season’s Casa Amor just wrapping up and drama at an all-time high.Thanks to coronavirus restrictions, however, it’s very unlikely we’ll get to stay in our own sun-dappled Majorcan holiday home – but there’s still a way to feel like you are.Two apartments suitable for large groups have hit headlines recently for looking exactly like the Love Island villa, and although you won&
- Aussie freestyle swim queen Emma McKeon has provided a fascinating insight into why the Dolphins have collectively excelled in the pool at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Experts at Scotland Yard believe the international gang of thieves behind the £4.2million Boodles heist have worked on a similar job at least once before, and are linked with Russian gangsters.
- Carrie Johnson announces second pregnancy with Boris Johnson via Instagram(Picture: Getty)Boris Johnson and wife Carrie are expecting another baby and also suffered a miscarriage earlier in the year, it has been revealed.
In a post on Instagram, Mrs Johnson says she had a miscarriage at the start of this year and feels ‘incredibly blessed to be pregnant again but I’ve also felt like a bag of nerves’.This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly f
- Not winning doesn’t make you a loser and I wish I known this as the chubby, bespectacled little girl at school who hated PE and was a champion loser
- The family of missing 18-year-old Callum Baker-Osborne spoke of their devastation today after a body was found in the search for the teenager days after he swam out to save children struggling in open waters
- The Prime Minister's wife revealed on Instagram today that she is expecting a December birth.
In amazing news, Joe Tracini is actually going to commentate the Olympics after that viral gymnastics videoJoe is a born commentator (Picture: Mike Marsland/WireImage)In a brilliant twist of fate, Joe Tracini’s nonsensical Olympics commentary has landed him a job as an actual Olympics commentator.Sometimes, the world is a wonderful place.The comedian and former Hollyoaks actor has been snapped up by Eurosport UK to ‘legally talk over the Olympics’, after his alternative commentary for the men’s gymnastics went viral.The 33-year-old shared his brilliant commentary over Max Whit
- Bencic secured a three sets win (Picture: Getty)Switzerland may have boasted Martina Hingis, Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka among their ranks over the past two decades but it’s Belinda Bencic who has surprisingly ended their 29-year wait for singles gold.
Bencic, the ninth seed, downed Czech Republic’s Marketa Vondrousova 7-5 2-6 6-3 in a cagey final to win an unlikely gold and could potentially do the double on Sunday as she takes part in the women’s doubles final.
She is the
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!