- The 1938 three-minute colour film was made by American traveller David Kurtz, whose family had emigrated from Poland in 1890. It shows beaming families standing in groups marvelling at the camera.
Star Trek fans have expressed their excitement over the return of Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan in season 2 of Picard, with one saying they’re an ‘emotional mess’ over the first look in the trailer.Picard stars Sir Patrick Stewart as the titular character, Jean-Luc Picard, a role he first played in 1987 in The Next Generation, the third series in the Star Trek franchise.His
- Transgender University of Pennsylvania swimmer Lia Thomas, 22, won two of her races against Harvard University on Saturday although her win's were by narrower margins than of late.
- The Nasdaq has posted its worst week since the start of the pandemic, wiping billions from the wealth of tech billionaires, and Bitcoin is down nearly half from its peak level.
- The magazine Lashawn McNeil, 47, used allowed his gun to carry 40 extra bullets to the Glock's usual 10 when he fatally shot Jason Rivera, 22 and injured Wilbert Mora, 27.
- CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, 52, (left) said on Friday that those who are eligible for the COVID-19 booster shot and do not have it will be considered 'out of date.'
- Borna Sosa is on Chelsea’s radar (DeFodi Images via Getty)Chelsea are targeting Stuttgart’s Borna Sosa to provide cover on Thomas Tuchel’s left flank, according to reports in Germany.Ben Chilwell’s season-ending injury has left Tuchel short of options and the Champions league holders have been looking to find cover before the transfer window closes.Chelsea had explored the possibility of signing Lucas Digne but he sealed his move from Everton to Aston Villa last week.The
- The Government is looking to scrap rules that allow marriages on foreign-flagged ships but ban them on British ones.
- Civil servants have bought houses in Cornwall and the Cotswolds 'gambling' that they will never have to return to the office, government sources said last night.
- A source claimed Adele's shows were destined for trouble due to behind-the-scenes clashes between the 33-year-old superstar and acclaimed set designer Esmeralda Devlin.
- Andrew Percy, MP for Brigg and Goole, is calling for a 'Freedom Bill' to repay people who found themselves on the wrong side of the rules for anything other than 'egregious' offences.
- Whitehall chiefs are continuing to spend millions of taxpayers' money on chairs, laptops and IT services for home workers, with some contracts running until the end of 2025.
- People who drink more than five glasses of red wine a week had a 17 per cent lower risk of catching Covid-19, according to new research at China's Shenzhen Kangning Hospital.
- Phones 4U billionaire founder John Caudwell revealed his son Rufus had 24/7 surveillance in his bedroom to ensure he wouldn't commit suicide after catching Lyme disease in 2014.
- The Sun’s in your sign, Aquarius (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)The Sun and Mercury are merging today, which might bring some drama to your sleepy Sunday.For Taurus, this could manifest as concern for what others think.But as the Sun has just arrived in Aquarius, it’s your sign it will impact the most. Expect to have your eyes opened.Ahead, you’ll find your full horoscope for today, Sunday 23, 2022.Read on below for your sign’s forecast.AriesMarch 21 to April 20Are your frie
- Throughout the pandemic Qantas had the comfort of knowing it was recognised as the safest airline in the world. But not anymore. It has had a sharp drop in an annual safest airline list.
- Premier Dominic Perrottet made the announcement at a press conference on Sunday morning, and confirmed that teachers and pupils will be given two free rapid antigen tests every week.
- Aaron Ramsey is wanted by several Premier League clubs (Getty)Burnley are in talks to sign Aaron Ramsey on loan from Juventus, according to reports.Juve are desperate to decrease their wage bill by getting the Wales international, who earns £400,000 a week, off their books.Crystal Palace were in the running to sign Ramsey but pulled out of the race this week, even though the midfielder was reportedly keen to work with Patrick Vieira.According to The Sun, Burnley are now stepping up their e
- In a double-boost for half-term holidays expected tomorrow, 12- to-15-year-olds will be able to download digital proof of vaccination, making travel in countries that require Covid certification easier.
Arnold Schwarzenegger gets back on his bike and behind the wheel just one day after ‘multi-car crash’He’s back behind the wheel (Picture: Backgrid)Arnold Schwarzenegger may have been involved in a ‘multi-car crash’ just yesterday, but today he was spotted heading to the gym behind the wheel.The actor, 74, drove his old hummer after his monstrous SUV collided with a red Prius yesterday afternoon, with his vehicle said to have wound up on top of the Prius.Later today, he also ventured out for a bike ride in LA to keep up with his fitness regime.Schwarzenegger was thought to be &
Arnold Schwarzenegger gets back on his bike and behind the wheel just one day after horrible car accidentHe’s back behind the wheel (Picture: Backgrid)Arnold Schwarzenegger was involved in a ‘multi-car crash’ just yesterday, but today he was spotted heading to the gym behind the wheel.The actor, 74, drove his old hummer after his monstrous SUV collided with a red Prius yesterday afternoon, and his vehicle wound up on top of the Prius.Later today, he also ventured out for a bike ride in LA to keep up with his fitness regime.Schwarzenegger was thought to be ‘doing well’
- What does the future look like for Walk The Line? (Picture: ITV/Rex/Shutterstock)ITV has addressed the claim that Simon Cowell’s latest series Walk The Line isn’t going to go the distance, after it was reported that the show is to be axed before it has the chance to return for series 2.In December, the channel launched the brand new singing competition across six days, which was hosted by Maya Jama and featured Gary Barlow, Craig David, Alesha Dixon and Dawn French as the judges.The
- Australian tourists could be banned from travelling to Europe or face tough new entry requirements as the EU declares Down Under a 'Covid danger zone' amid surging Omicron cases.
- MPs met Mr Sunak last week to warn him that the 1.25 per cent rise will hammer families at a time when they are also being hit by sharp rises in energy bills, council tax, inflation and mortgage rates.
- Alicia Kearns was accompanied by her 11-month-old baby daughter and a nanny on the three-day foreign affairs committee visit to Ukraine.
- Jacinda Ardern has announced she will delay her own wedding after putting all of New Zealand on Red Alert Covid footing.
Katie Price 'branded ex-husband Kieran Hayler's girlfriend a gutter sl*g in expletive-laden message'Katie Price was arrested on suspicion of breaching her restraining order after allegedly branded her ex-husband Kieran Hayler's fiancee a 'gutter slag' in 'abusive messages'.
- The MP told the Mail on Sunday Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, the two frontrunners to succeed Boris Johnson, have not been convincing on their commitment to 'levelling up'.
- Ekaterina Pereverzeva (pictured), 27, is struggling to stop fears of war tormenting her as vast numbers of Russian forces mass across the border near her home in Ukraine's second city.
- via mirror.co.ukSeveral refuse collectors are now having to tuck their trousers into their socks to stop the rats from scurrying up their legs and biting them, according to experts
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!