- The crash unfolded at around 6.45am Tuesday outside the town of Cameron, about an hour northeast of Austin. The train was carrying oil tankers that exploded on impact with the semi-truck.
- The emphasis on Allen Weisselberg, is aimed at 'flipping' him to cooperate with the investigation - attempting to turn one of Trump's most important aides into a witness against him.
Covid: Germany set to approve AstraZeneca vaccine for over-65s as EU to review Russian jab Sputnik VFive weeks after blocking the AstraZeneca shot for older people, German regulators will submit their revised verdict later on Thursday, German media reported.
- Zara Kay, who was born in Tanzania, was placed in custody in Dar es Salaam on December 28 for 32 hours where she was allegedly questioned as to why she left Islam.
- Jacob Anthony Chansley, 33, spoke publicly for the first time since his arrest in connection with the January 6 Capitol riots in an interview from jail in Washington, DC, on Thursday.
Lee Sharpe urges Manchester United to sign Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland to become Premier League title contendersOle Gunnar Solskjaer will bolster his Manchester United squad this summer (Picture: Getty)Lee Sharpe believes Manchester United will become Premier League title contenders if they sign Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland this summer.The Red Devils have held interest in Sancho for well over a year and expressed interest in signing the England international from Borussia Dortmund last summer.Norway striker Haaland has also been linked with a move to Old Trafford, with Solskjaer still looking for a lon
- When Prince Philip first coined 'The Firm' as a nickname for the Royal Family, he could have no idea 74 years later it would still be used - let alone in an interview criticising the monarchy.
- Janet Jackson is telling her story in a new documentary series (Picture: Gabe Ginsberg/Getty Images)Janet Jackson is the latest iconic to feature in a new documentary, with producers promising unprecedented access and ‘no subject off-limits’.‘Janet’ is a two-night, four-hour program celebrating the 40th anniversary of the influential pop star’s self-titled debut album, which she released as a 16-year-old in 1982.US networks Lifetime and A&E described the documen
- Sir Philip, who quit as the Home Office's permanent secretary after accusing the Home Secretary of a 'vicious and orchestrated briefing campaign' against him, said he was pleased his claim had been settled.
- It may work, but it’s not always safe to do (Picture: Getty Images)Another day, another TikTok trend that experts advise against.This time around it’s ‘splinting’, which became popular after TikToker @ambrosialicewf posted a video where she explains the technique.In the video she asks people to duet with reasons they’re grateful to have a vagina, before saying: ‘I’ll go first. You know when you’re on the toilet and you’re struggling to go for
- Four orangutans and five bonobos at the San Diego Zoo in California were given doses of an experimental coronavirus vaccine made for animals last month.
- Nick Welch and his wife claimed to live together in London, but a neighbour complained, insisting the couple were rarely there, meaning they allegedly breached rules letting them claim public money.
- Alice Evans says she will tell fans more about her divorce from Ioan Gruffud (Picture: Alice Evans/Instagram/WireImage)Alice Evans has once more spoken out about her divorce from Ioan Gruffud, vowing that she will keep sharing her story with her followers. She revealed the backstory behind a selfie of the couple after Ioan, 47, filed for divorce from his wife of 13 years, almost two months after Alice, 49, announced on social media that the Fantastic Four actor was ‘leaving
- That amnesia may be catching, and during her marathon grilling Nicola Sturgeon showed some tell-tale symptoms. For all her relative composure, this wasn't a tour de force, writes GRAHAM GRANT
- A quarter of Airbnb owners are happy to break Covid restrictions with some even urging guests to lie about the reason for their stay, an investigation found. Weekend breaks are currently banned.
- Two men, both named Peter Swailes, aged 80 and 55, from Carlisle, have been charged with human trafficking offences after a 58-year-old man was found allegedly living in a shed in October 2018.
- via mirror.co.ukThe Government has reached a settlement with Sir Philip Runtam over his accusations of constructive dismissal - but a Home Office source said they had not accepted liability
- While Britain left the orbit of the European Court of Justice on December 31, it has agreed to apply ECJ judgements in any case initiated while it was still a member.
- Karen Warner, 51, was stunned to discover she had a twin brother – and even more shocked to find long lost sibling Michael Jackman, right, living just six blocks away from her (Pictures: WXIN)A pair of twins who were separated at birth finally found one another aged 51 – and discovered they had been neighbors and old school friends all along.
Karen Warner, from Elwood in Indiana, always knew she was adopted, and recently began digging into her family history to try and find out some
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak's decision not to raise income tax and National Insurance thresholds will amount to a pay cut in real terms for millions of hard-working, middle-class families.
- Teobaldo Perez was celebrating his 100th birthday along with his family in Ocala, Florida when he tried to blow out the candles on his cake while wearing a plastic face shield.
- A Home Office civil servant who dramatically quit over Priti Patel bullying allegations has reached a settlement with the Government.
Former permanent secretary Sir Philip Rutnam said he was ‘pleased’ the Government settled the claims he brought against them last year.
The claims were due to be heard at an employment tribunal in September.
The Home office said in a statement it did not accept liability and that the Government and Sir Philip’s representatives agreed it was in bo
- Former Trump appointeesare waiting on payouts from their saved vacation days while others still need the proper forms to apply for unemployment benefits as they face challenges finding a job in DC.
- Hotel operator Whitbread, catering firm Compass Group and British Airways-owner IAG were among the top gainers on the index in London today, with banks having the biggest boost.
- Duncan James reveals the impact him coming out as gay has had on his daughter (Picture: Getty Images)Duncan James has revealed his daughter has been bombarded with awful abuse since he came out as gay. The Blue singer previously revealed he was bisexual before confirming he was gay in 2017. He is father to daughter Tianie-Finn, 16, from his previous relationship with former ballet dancer Claire Grainger and reveals the impact his coming out about his sexuality has had on her. Spea
- Mbappe’s future is unclear (Picture: Eurasia Sport Images/Getty)Arsene Wenger believes Liverpool transfer target Kylian Mbappe will win the Ballon d’Or at least once within the next five years and predicts he will be plying his trade for Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain.
Mbappe’s contract in the French capital expires at the end of next season, with Liverpool among the clubs ready to try and lure him away from the Parc des Princes this summer.
The France World Cup winner has
- Authorities in Rome informed the EU of its intention to block a shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca jabs to Australia last week and acted on Thursday after Brussels did not object.
- Lord Jo Johnson argued that a plans for a ground floor studio flat with a roof terrace overlooking his Primrose Hill home would invade his privacy.
- Property developer Patricia Bailey allegedly harassed cosmetic expert Dr Phillippe Hamada-Pisalbetween October 2019 and February last year.
- Biden is yet to hold a formal press conference, six weeks in. On Wednesday at a virtual meeting of House Democrats, he offered to take questions but was cut off.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!