- Laura Hall, 19, died after her ute crashed into a tree about 11km west of Cummins, on the Eyre Peninsula of South Australia, just before 7am last Wednesday.
- When my mental health problems started, I wasn’t able to ask for help or express my emotions (Picture: Sammy Nicholls-Juett)Imagine being in the middle of a complex mental health crisis. You can’t really describe what you’re going through, you feel like there’s no hope left and that the only way out is to end it all. Now imagine not being able to tell anyone how you’re feeling. I’m 26 and deaf, and for much of my life this has been my
- Alison, and the furniture she transformed (Picture:Alison Reardon)Instead of buying new furniture, Alison Reardon, a grandma from Northants, decided to upcycle her old pieces to leave them looking brand new.
The 57-year-old mixed two types of paints together to create her dream dark teal shade and got to work painting her old oak TV unit and sideboard. It cost Allison just £25 and the project only took her a weekend to do both pieces, including cleaning, sanding and adding three coats
- A ‘large number of people’ attended the ‘wedding reception’ in Swansea, Wales (Picture:Media Wales)A large gathering believed to be a wedding reception was shut down for breaching new coronavirus restrictions.Party-goers were ordered to leave Adelina’s Bar and Kitchen in Swansea, Wales, after the restaurant was said to be ‘crammed with people’.The event was held on the night before the Welsh Government announced Swansea and Cardiff were going into lockdo
- Tom Felton shares adorable throwback photo (Picture: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)Tom Felton looked adorable wearing a Wu-Tang hoodie in his Harry Potter throwback photo.The actor took to Instagram to share an old photo of him from the magical set with his Hogwarts classmates Devon Murray and Josh Herdman.He rocked a black Wu-Tang Clan hoodie as Devon and Josh messed around beside him.‘In between scenes , 2001 @chriscolumbus #philosophersstone #wutang,’ he captioned th
- Rosie Jacobs, 41, had a messy breakup with former AFL footballer Matt Shir, 39, earlier this year when he walked out on their relationship amid accusations of alcohol addiction and infidelity.
David Warner slams ‘unacceptable’ Sunrisers Hyderabad batting after IPL defeat to Kolkata Knight RidersDavid Warner reacting to Sunrisers Hyderabad’s IPL defeat to Kolkata Knight Riders (Picture: Cricbuzz)Australia opener David Warner was critical of Sunrisers Hyderabad’s batting display after their seven-wicket defeat to Indian Premier League rivals Kolkata Knight Riders.Warner said: ‘I don’t know where it went wrong. We just can’t be having two batsmen on the bench batting 20 overs.‘We could have been a little bit harder in the middle period – we played
Chelsea ready bargain £40m swoop for Declan Rice as Frank Lampard bids to end defensive woes after West Brom strugglesThe Blues boss was far from happy as his side shipped three first-half goals (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea believe they can land West Ham star Declan Rice for a bargain fee and are readying an opening £40million bid as they look to solve their defensive woes, according to reports.The Blues salvaged a draw against West Brom on Saturday having conceded three first-half goals in a shambolic display at the back, though Frank Lampard considered it two points dropped against a newly promoted te
- The former director-general of the charity Age Concern, Baroness Greengross, 85, urged government ministers to soften restrictions around the festive season to prevent loneliness.
- Paul Dacre was critical of the BBC during his reign as Daily Mail editor (Picture: Peter Macdiarmid/Getty)The Daily Mail’s former editor has been tipped to become chairman of the broadcast regulator Ofcom.Paul Dacre, who stepped down from the helm of the newspaper in 2018, is said to be Boris Johnson’s preferred candidate for the job.He was reportedly ‘wooed’ by the Prime Minister over drinks in Downing Street and is now in talks with Number 10, according to the Sunday Ti
- Professor Mark Woolhouse from the University of Edinburgh, said people involved in the creation of a Covid-19 vaccine believe one may be ready by March.
- Get set for the Gold Rush (Photo: WWE)WWE fans, the night has arrived – all the gold is on the line, and one superstar in particular has the chance of a lifetime to put a new spin on his legacy.Family feuds, unlikely partnerships and ladders (oh my) are all going to play a part in tonight’s Clash of Champions pay-per-view as the company looks to build momentum after two great shows last month.Can WWE deliver again with high expectations following on from SummerSlam and Payback?We&rsq
- The portrait - which won its artist Vincent Namatjira the $100,000 prize at the Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney on Friday - depicts Goodes pointing to his skin and doing his famous spear celebration.
- Graeme Souness has been impressed by Mikel Arteta’s reign at Arsenal (Pictures: Sky Sports / Getty)Graeme Souness believes Arsenal are ‘nowhere near’ challenging from the Premier League title despite praising seven players, including summer signing Willian.Mikel Arteta’s side, who finished eighth in the English top-flight last term, have taken full points from their first two matches of the 2020-21 campaign and visit defending champions Liverpool on Monday.While the Gunne
- Yuko Takeuchi has died aged 40 (Picture: Getty Images)The Ring actress Yuko Takeuchi has sadly died at the age of 40.The Japanese film and TV star was found dead at her home in Tokyo on Sunday morning, according to local reports.A cause of death is yet to be confirmed and Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department have now launched an investigation.
Takeuchi’s husband, actor Taiki Nakabayashi, reportedly found her at their home in Shibuya Ward.
The actress’ talent agency Stardust Promotion
- Wesley riding the tiny bike, and right, with his family (Picture: SWNS)Dad-of-two Wesley Hamnett set a cycling challenge to go 200 miles from Glasgow to Manchester – but to make it even tougher, he did it all on his daughters’ tiny pink bike.The 37-year-old, pedalled for over 32 hours on the £20 bike which has just 12 inch wheels.The dad-of-two had wanted to raise funds for various charities and hospitals which were close to his heart after he lost his granddad to cancer last y
Paloma Faith has opened up on her postpartum depression where she questioned whether or not she’d ever feel happy again.
The star shares her three-year-old child with her long-term partner Leyman Lahcine, and has previously addressed her mental health battles since giving birth.
And now, after announcing she is expecting her second baby, the 39-year-old has expressed how pregnancy
- The revolt comes amid mounting Tory anger at No10's handling of the coronavirus crisis - with fears from senior backbenchers over the threat to civil liberties
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex may have put their links with the Royal Family in jeopardy after they urged people to "reject hate speech" in remarks interpreted as referring to Donald Trump
- Joshua Rosario was asked by friend Chris Vigo to photograph the moment he proposed to his girlfriend - but focusing on the couple and not where he was standing resulted in a nasty accident
- Graeme Souness has reacted to Liverpool’s move for Diogo Jota (Pictures: Getty / Sky Sports)Graeme Souness has revealed his one ‘question mark’ over Liverpool’s deal for Portugal international Diogo Jota.The Premier League champions completed a £41million deal with Wolves earlier in the month, with Jota penning a five-year deal at Anfield.Jota had spent three successful years at Wolves and made his Liverpool debut on Thursday in the 7-2 EFL Cup victory over Lincoln
- Victoria's lockdown will be eased, Melbourne's curfew scrapped and NSW has recorded no new cases overnight in welcome news as Australia combats the coronavirus pandemic.
- Eye contact, head slightly tilted, and a smile – yep, she’s flirting(Picture: Getty Images/Westend61)It can be difficult to know whether someone likes you likes you, especially if you’re bad at picking up cues.But luckily scientists have been trying to figure out human mating calls and they reckon they’ve cracked the look women give when flirting with men.According to the University of Kansas, women are likely to use common facial cues to demonstrate a sexual interest in
Sarah Paulson reveals ‘horrifying’ and ‘cruel’ taunts about Holland Taylor relationship and 32-year age gapSarah Paulson and Holland Taylor have been dating for five years (Picture: Getty Images)Sarah Paulson admits that while she loves the ‘fandom’ surrounding her relationship with Holland Taylor, she’s also been subjected to ‘cruel’ messages from trolls. The Ratched actress began dating the Two and a Half Men star five years ago and they’re still going strong. However, their relationship has been shrouded in scrutiny over the 32-year age gap – Sar
- Big groups of drinkers were again spotted in Soho, London, as well as Leeds, Newcastle and Bristol as the 10pm curfew pushes people onto the streets, shops and transport together
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has angered some Arsenal suporters with his activity on Twitter (Getty Images)Arsenal supporters have been left angered by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after he liked a post on Twitter which suggested that he is too good for the Gunners.The 31-year-old ended speculation over his future earlier this month by signing a new £250,000-a-week contract with Arsenal which keeps him at the club until 2023.Aubameyang has been a pivotal part of Arsenal’s attack since he a
- Manchester Metropolitan University has told student to stay put and avoid social gatherings to tackle the rise in coronavirus cases but in Scotland hundreds walked out despite expulsion threats
The Chase’s Jenny Ryan has revealed she sees The Vixen as her ‘ruthless’ drag persona.
When appearing on Sunday Best this morning, the star spoke to both Martin and Roman Kemp about the upcoming season of the iconic quizzing show.
And while revealing what fans can expect, she turned her attention to the character she plays when chasing down the contestants.
- Partygoers were photographed leaving Mayfair private members' venue Mark's Club - where membership reportedly costs in the region of £2,000 a year - after 10.25pm last night.
- Drinkers out in Newcastle on the first Saturday under new curfew restrictions (Picture: North News & Pictures)There is increasing concern that the early curfew is fuelling late night gatherings on the streets of major British cities, after the pubs close down. With all venues closing at the same time, crowds were seen spilling out onto the streets last night – the first Saturday under the new restrictions. In a repeat of the scenes seen across England on Thursday and Friday n
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!