- A cleanup is underway for residents living in Armidale in the NSW Northern Tablelands after a tornado ripped through the town on Thursday night.
- The Prime Minister has resisted implementing his back-up plans to deal with the pandemic this winter (Picture: Getty/Rex)Boris Johnson must ensure Plan B restrictions can be ‘rapidly’ deployed if needed, scientists advising the Government have urged, as data shows infections rising across England.The Prime Minister has resisted implementing his back-up plans to deal with the pandemic this winter as experts on the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) gave a cautiously opti
- B. Pagels-Minor, the Netflix employee who was fired for allegedly leaking that the company paid Dave Chappelle $24.1 million for his comedy special, said they didn't release the information.
Channel 4 bring subtitles back to popular shows like Bake Off and Gogglebox after technical disasterNoel Fielding, Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith on The Great British Bake Off (Picture: Channel 4)Channel 4 viewers have been without proper subtitles for nearly a month and the broadcaster has finally given further insight as to when they will be back.Earlier this week, it was announced those who required subtitles, sign language and audio description may have to wait until the middle of next month for these to return in full.But the has broadcaster promised the number of programmes with subtitles
- Mo Salah’s intentions with Liverpool are now clear (Picture: David Ramos/Getty Images)Mo Salah has confirmed he wants to extend his stay at Liverpool and sign a new deal.The Egyptian has been in sensational form for the Reds this season by netting 12 goals in 11 matches in all competitions.While he’s let the football do the talking on the pitch, away from it there appears to be a standoff between himself and the club over his contract situation.The 29-year-old’s current contrac
- This is the moment a thrill-seeker rode down a 190ft-long slide in Deniz Mall, in Azerbaijan's capital Baku. Footage shows the young man hurtling down the slide from the mall's fifth floor last week, terrified.
- The attack happened at around 1.30am on Wednesday night as the male victim walked through an alleyway between Medway Maritime Hospital and the Great Lines Park in Gillingham.
- The Supreme Court will hear two challenges to the Texas law banning most abortions, even in instances of rape or incest (Picture AP)The Supreme Court will hear two challenges to a Texas law that bans most abortions after as early as six weeks of pregnancy.
On Friday, the court delayed a request by President Joe Biden’s Administration to block enforcement of the law by vacating a lower court’s ruling, saying they will hear arguments in the case on November 1.
The justices will decide
- Arizona AG Mark Brnovich said on Friday it was one of the 'greatest infringements' on 'individual liberty, federalism, and the separation of powers' by any administration.
- A group of pub goers have been left gobsmacked over the drinks bill they received for just a few drinks while visiting a hotel bar in Belfast
- Former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has not been seen since the day he quit office in disgrace nearly two months ago and has no fixed address nor known property.
- Three people arrested as part of a right-wing terrorism investigation deny possessing parts of a 3D-printed firearm. A fourth is charged with the encouragement of terrorism.
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Cheetham, 22, from Cheshire, is trapped in Morocco on his first holiday abroad with boyfriend David Randles after flights were axed because of rising Covid cases. Both of them are now desperate to get home to their families
- Police officers are facing scrutiny over the culture that surrounded Wayne Couzens (Picture: Getty Images)Five police officers are facing disciplinary action over messages shared on social media about Sarah Everard’s killer, Wayne Couzens.The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said two officers from the Metropolitan Police and one from each of the forces in Sussex, Dorset and Avon and Somerset are subject to misconduct proceedings.Metropolitan Police officer Wayne Couzens is serv
- Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, six, was found with dozens of bruises from his head to his feet after allegedly being attacked at home near Solihull, West Midlands, post-mortem examinations showed.
- Deandre Byars, who claims to work at McDonald's, took to TikTok to share what really happens when customers ask him for fresh fries in a behind the scenes video that has since gone viral
- Baroness Philippa Stroud - a former aide to Iain Duncan Smith - has unveiled a House of Lords amendment that would allow MPs and peers a vote on keeping the £20-a-week uplift in DWP benefits. But it's very unlikely to actually cancel the cut
- Ann Ruddock, aged 56, and her fiancé Keith Pearce decided to finally get married after 10 years of being engaged. Tragic Ann was diagnosed with terminal brain and lung cancer last month
- Court documents allege that Heidi Carter, 36, of Indiana, met a couple on a dating app and invited them over for a drug-fueled threesome before her boyfriend arrived and attacked them.
- A landscape of flowers in the Atacama Desert (Picture: Getty/EPA)A seemingly lifeless desert has sprung into life and transformed into a purple oasis.The sand dunes of Chile’s Atacama are the driest place on Earth but these tiny flowers cling on.Their seeds survive through the blisteringly hot summers in a region that sees less than an inch of rain every year.What makes this year’s bloom even more impressive is that there’s been a drought in recent months.Resistant seeds and bu
- There was heartbreak for Bukayo Saka and joy for Jorginho at Wembley (Picture: Getty)Jorginho admits he knew Italy were going to win the Euro 2020 final before Bukayo Saka missed his decisive penalty.The Chelsea midfielder has endured a year to remember, guiding the Blues to Champions League glory in May before winning Euro 2020 with Italy in July.Jorginho played a starring role in Italy’s campaign throughout the summer tournament before the Azzurri edged a 3-2 win on penalties after Luke
- Greater Manchester Police said the man, who is from the Fallowfield area of Manchester, was arrested at Manchester Airport on Friday shortly after arriving back in the UK
- Moroccan authorities banned travel to and from the UK, the Netherlands, and Germany over fears of soaring infection rates, leaving thousands of people stranded abroad and having to find alternative routes home
- The Gardeners' World presenter said we need to make as many soft, absorbent surfaces as possible. We also have to reduce the number of cars and the amount we use them.
- Sadiq Khan had faced renewed pressure to postpone the huge widening of the ultra-low emission zone which will now stretch across more than 18 miles in the capital from Monday.
- The Hall of Famer has revealed why he had to stop riding with The Rock (Picture: Getty / WWE)WWE legend The Godfather has revealed how smoking cannabis cost him Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson as a road trip buddy.The Hall of Famer – who was part of the Nation of Domination with the future Hollywood megastar – admitted his habit caused The Rock some problems when people assumed he’d been smoking himself when he turned up for media appearances.The star – whose real n
- Angharad Williamson, 30, is charged with murdering five-year-old son (Picture: Wales News Service)A mother has appeared in court charged with the murder of her five-year-old son, who was found dead in a river in Wales this summer.Angharad Williamson, 30, from Sarn, is the third person to be charged with murdering Logan Mwangi, also known as Logan Williamson.Logan was found in the River Ogmore in Bridgent county on July 31 following a missing person report.He was taken to hospital where he was pr
- A worker from the store caught Tilikum in a pallet trolley and gave him some water before calling animal charity RSPCA, who arrived at the scene to help find his owner
- Greater Manchester Police said the man, 24, who is from the Fallowfield area of Manchester, was arrested at Manchester Airport on Friday shortly after arriving back in the UK.
- George Bailey, 11, suffered an injury to his brain after an incident at home on February 28. He now lives at The Children's Trust specialist rehabilitation centre but his family wants to bring him home
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!