Tokyo Olympics Day 6, what you missed overnight: Records tumble in the pool but no medals for Team GBThere was plenty of drama – and heartbreak – on Thursday (Pictures: PA/Getty/AP)China moved to the top of the Olympics medal table on day six of the Tokyo Games after another thrilling session of swimming action, though Team GB agonisingly missed out on more podium finishes. Here’s everything you missed overnight…Records tumble in the pool as Duncan Scott sets up another medal chanceThe highlight of Thursday’s early action undoubtedly came in the women’s 4x20
- President Joe Biden is traveling to New York City this afternoon just hours after returning from his Delaware beach house. World leaders have descended on the city as multiple global crises loom
- Students were being evacuated from Heritage High School in Newport News, Virginia on Monday following reports of a shooter. Several were said to have been wounded, including one in the head.
- Furious tradies are planning another rally after the violent riot that shook Melbourne on Monday and saw a union headquarters destroyed - as Premier Dan Andrews shuts down the construction industry.
- Princess Eugenie wrote a heartfelt message to Beatrice and her husband and their newborn daughter on Instagram, promising her niece they "will have lots of fun together"
- New Yorkers are fearful the return of the United Nations General Assembly this week will spark a new spike in COVID-19 cases after the city has worked tirelessly to quell the spread of the virus.
Mastermind behind Osama bin Laden's escape from US bombing of Tora Bora is back in charge of TalibanAnwar ul Haq Mujahid is leading a command of hundreds of Taliban fighters in Afghanistan. His command is joined by others who helped al Qaeda in 2001.
- Hours after Connie Bulloch, 24, from Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, uploaded a video to share her win, online trolls made cruel comments about her weight and lip fillers
- Sen. Joe Manchin is reportedly privately saying he thinks the Senate should delay voting on President Biden's $3.5 trillion spending package until at least next year.
- Andrei Pavlov, who was sanctioned by the British government earlier this year, was one client of Ben Elliot's Quintessentially and Co Ltd, which specialises in providing experiences and services to wealthy clients
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard – still available to play (pic: Activision)The open beta for Call Of Duty: Vanguard will run for 48 hours longer than originally intended, with the game struggling to make an impact on Twitch.Open betas for new multiplayer games often don’t finish exactly when they say they will, and it’s common for them to last a few extra hours or even into the early part of the next day – but a 48 hour extension is pretty much unheard of.Activision has offered no
- As well as now being a mum, Princess Beatrice is also a stepmum to her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi’s son Wolfie, who played a big role in their wedding
- The call prompted the police to turn up at Tok Tobeck’s home and question her and her husband over a party on their property during lockdown which actually turned out to be on Zoom
- The Mirror's Head of Business, Graham Hiscott, answers the most pressing questions from the energy industry as multiple suppliers cease trading amid fears of 1970s-style power cuts
- Zuzanna Dmitruk's bizarre condition first flared up when she was 10 when her fingertips would swell up and become itchy from being outside during the winter
- John Dognini was out shopping on his mobility scooter when he was smashed into by a driver who shouldn’t have been on the road (Picture: Hampshire Police/Solent News)An uninsured driver who ploughed into a pensioner while he was buying Christmas presents for his family is facing jail.Ben Green hit 80-year-old John Dognini while he was out on his mobility scooter.The 23-year-old motorist was not covered to drive his Vauxhall Corsa at the time of the collison. Mr Dognini was purchasing
- Residents in Beckenham say they have been forced to endure loud music, anti-social behaviour andfestival-goers urinating on their gardens after spilling out from events at Beckenham Place Park.
- Shannon Wood, 21, fell asleep on a sofa after a party at her friend's house in Glasgow, Scotland. When she woke up she found Andrew Kane, 21, raping her. He has been jailed for six years.
- Sam Waldron, 23, announced to a room of people how his brother Jonah Waldron, 27, is his 'hero' and 'never looked down on me.'
- Coleen Nolan helps a reader who needs advice on finding a partner but who feels pressurised by his total lack of experience in bed
- Jeff Martin seized up and fell through the safety mechanism on the lift (Pictures: Rex / Laserclass)A British skier died who died after falling from a chairlift in the French Alps slipped beneath its safety rail after suffering a medical episode, an inquest has heard.French doctors said Jeff Martin, 65, who was on holiday with family and friends, suffered either a cardiac arrest or a stroke while on the moving ski-lift at the Meribel ski resort in January 2019.He fell 10 metres to the ground and
- Ashley Graham and husband Justin Ervin were in for a pleasant but big shock (Pictures: Instgaram, @ashleygraham)Ashley Graham has revealed she is pregnant with twins and no one was more shocked than the expectant parents.The 33-year-old model previously announced she was expecting another baby with husband Justin Ervin, with the couple already parents to 19-month-old son Isaac Menelik. However, what Ashley didn’t know is that she actually had two buns in the oven. In an Instagram
- Eszter Jeles, who once urged her followers not to be sad if she died while riding, passed away in hospital in the Turkish city of Istanbul on Saturday, September 18.
- Beleaguered Prince Andrew's reputation has already been shredded in the court of public opinion - even the arrival of his new granddaughter can't save it, argues royal expert Robert Jobson
Married At First Sight UK’s Alexis finally responds to Nikita’s explosive Jordon row: ‘It wasn’t the right time’Alexis has spoken out on that dramatic argument (Picture: E4)Married At First Sight UK star Alexis has finally had her say on Nikita Jasmine defending her honour in an explosive row with Jordon Mundell.The dramatic scenes aired earlier this month and prompted Nikita’s exit from the experiment, with the show citing ‘unacceptable behaviour’ as the reason she was removed.It all kicked off after it was revealed that Jordon described Alexis as not his type, with Nikita lashing out.&
- Louise is already making use of her Monday mornings (Picture: BBC)Louise Minchin has been busy enjoying her first Monday without having to set an incredibly early alarm after leaving BBC Breakfast.The newsreader fronted her final show alongside Dan Walker last week and she’s already been making full use of her more relaxed mornings.It comes after she allowed herself to stay up much later than usual on Sunday, posting a picture of a clock showing 11.12pm. She added the caption: ‘
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard – never the same game twice (pic: Activision)This year’s Call Of Duty has just finished a controversial beta but why is its multiplayer director so confident the final game will still impress?If there’s one thing Call Of Duty fans enjoy more than anything it’s complaining about Call Of Duty, but there has been more disquiet about Vanguard than most recent games, from the return to the Second World War setting to the fact that the recent beta was alr
- Tributes have been paid to Terri Harris, her two children, Lacey Bennett. 11, and 13-year-old son John Paul Bennett, and Lacey's friend Connie Dent, also 11, who were all found dead on Sunday
- England will not be taking on Pakistan next month (Picture: Getty Images for ECB)England will not travel to play Pakistan in October with both the men’s and women’s temas withdrawn from the planned tour over ‘increasing concerns about travelling to the region.’The men’s team had T20 games planned on 13 and 14 October in Rawalpindi, while the women’s side were to play on the same dates before three more matches on 17, 19 and 21 of the same month.New Zealand aba
- The new treat (Picture: Instagram/@Newfoodsuk)The days are getting chillier and darker as we head towards the end of the year.But pumpkin spice lattes aren’t the only warming beverage enjoyed during these crisper months – the humble hot chocolate also goes down a treat. And it seems there’s a brand new one to try from M&S, featuring the nation’s favourite fruity pig. The supermarket has unveiled a Percy Pig melting hot chocolate bomb – which does exact
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!