- Peter Hunter, 51, and David Smith, 56, both of north London, are accused of using fake names and addresses to bulk-buy tickets for concerts and events - before reselling them online.
- The supermarket giant said another 100,000 slots will be added in the coming weeks (Picture: Reuters)Tesco has announced it is expanding its home delivery and Click & Collect services following a huge surge in demand amid the Covid-19 pandemic.The supermarket giant said around 780,000 delivery and collection slots are available this week, up from 660,000 slots two weeks ago, with plans to increase this by another 100,000 in the coming weeks.Tesco said more than 200 new vans have been brought
All Time Low’s Alex Gaskarth missing bandmates ‘so much’ as he prepares to bring the sunshine with new albumWhile many artists have pushed back their album releases due to the coronavirus pandemic, All Time Low became all the more determined to release their new record Wake Up Sunshine.It’s the pop-punk band’s first album in three years and, even before the pandemic had begun, they were looking for their new offering to help fans escape.
‘Who knew the timing would be so weird?!’ frontman Alex Gaskarth told Metro.co.uk. ‘Obviously when we were making this record none of th
- Saliba is highly regarded in French football (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal’s on-loan defender William Saliba has been compared to Real Madrid star Raphael Varane by his former youth coach.The Gunners signed the 19-year-old for £27million last summer from Saint-Etienne and immediately loaned him back to the Ligue 1 club for this campaign.Despite missing 14 games this season with a metatarsal fracture, Saliba returned to help his side reach the French Cup final for the first time in 3
Judd Trump dismisses Ronnie O’Sullivan’s chances of beating Stephen Hendry’s World Championship recordJudd Trump cannot see Ronnie O’Sullivan winning three more World Championships (Picture: Getty Images)Judd Trump cannot see Ronnie O’Sullivan winning three more World Championships to break Stephen Hendry’s Crucible record of seven world titles.The Rocket has won snooker’s top prize five times, but not since 2013, and at 44-years-old time does not appear to be on his side as he hunts down more world titles.O’Sullivan has not been beyond the quarter-finals on any of
- Caption: epa08333015 A medical professionals stand with bodies on hospital gurneys as they are moved to be temporarily stored in a mobile morgue, put in place due to lack of space at the hospital, outside of the Brooklyn Hospital Center in Brooklyn, New York, USA, on 30 March 2020.New York City is still the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the United States and as of Monday there were reportedly 1,218 people who have died as a result of complications from COVID-19.EPA/JUSTIN LANE
- Mum-of-six Sundee Rutter, 42, died within two weeks of falling ill after being told by doctors she did not have coronavirus, only to later test positive for Covid-19
- Having trouble sleeping? (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)There’s a whole load of reasons you might be struggling with your sleep during the coronavirus pandemic and the resulting lockdown.
A lack of exposure to natural light, a lack of physical activity, stress, the general fear that the world is ending and everything is awful – all that and more plays a role, making it harder to drift off, stay asleep, and get good quality sleep.
Even working from home can wreck our sleep rou
- Charities face a black hole 100 times worse than the 2008 crash as charity bosses said their income has "literally stopped overnight"
Gary Lineker and his eldest son George have been in self-isolation after George lost his sense of taste, and he showed off the effects of his compromised taste buds by downing a glass of vinegar. Temporary loss of taste and smell – known as anosmia – are thought to be symptoms of coronavirus in patients who don’t always have a temperature or cough, but can also hap
Alex Jones gears up for ‘tough’ The One Show with heartbreaking tribute to Matt Baker: ‘Goodbyes are always hard’Matt Baker’s final The One Show airs tonight (Picture: BBC/REX)Alex Jones is already preparing for a ‘tough’ The One Show tonight as Matt Baker’s goodbye is here. Matt announced he was leaving The One Show after nine years last December, but since then has taken time off to perform panto at London’s Palladium and spent the past two weeks in quarantine during the coronavirus pandemic. And tonight he won’t even be able to join Alex in the studio, biddi
- All she wants is for everything to go back to normal or, failing that, clarity on what will happen in the future. I can give her neither of those things (Picture: Catherine Ball)Ever since my 10-year-old daughter found out her school was closing due to coronavirus, she has been crippled with agonising stomach pains. It isn’t a symptom of the virus or even another bug she has picked up – it’s severe anxiety caused by the uncertainty that lies ahead.Sophie, like 100,000 other chi
- The creative delivery method involved the drone of friend Scott Cullen delivering two rolls of toilet paper at the request of Russ Howey, who couldn't find any in the shops in the Scottish town of Duns.
- The latest coronavirus death toll figures for the UK include the worrying detail that 28 people including a 19-year-old have died despite having no underlying health conditions
- The government has U-turned on plans to allow home abortion during the coronavirus pandemic. It means that women can have the treatment prescribed during a video appointment and take medical abortion pills at home
- Medics are said to have been ‘gagged’ by health bosses, with some claiming managers have threatened their careers (Picture: Reuters)Doctors have been warned not to speak about concerns there is not enough protective equipment for frontline NHS staff, it has been claimed.Medics are said to have been ‘gagged’ by health bosses, with some claiming managers have threatened their careers.Doctors’ Association UK said that NHS staff ‘should not be gagged’ when s
- On Tuesday, employee Pat Tucker took the Today Show inside the auto giant's million-square foot facility in Dearborn where she works 10 hours a day, seven days a week producing the shields.
- Tensions are rising in towns where New York City residents have fled to escape the coronavirus hotspot as locals complain of ransacked stores and hospitals grow more and more crowded.
- 'Unscrupulous' eBay users are attempting to exploit desperate shoppers in the midst of the coronavirus crisis by selling out-of-stock essentials for more than ten times their shop price.
- Gayle Murphy and Chris Murray, from Portland, had begun their 24-day adventure down the Colorado River on March 1.
- GPs are refusing to visit Oak Springs care home in Liverpool, while undertakers had to be persuaded to take away two dead residents, according to the property's general manager
- Amazon customers have been told delivery drivers won't be operating in the same format as part of new measures to protect staff and customers from the contagious infection
Jamie Redknapp describes Liverpool forward Sadio Mane as an ‘absolute machine’ amid Real Madrid transfer linksLiverpool ace Sadio Mane has been linked with a move to Real Madrid (Picture: Getty)Jamie Redknapp has hailed Liverpool forward Sadio Mane and described the Real Madrid transfer target as an ‘absolute machine’.Senegal international Mane has developed into one of Jurgen Klopp’s most important players at Anfield since signing from Southampton in 2016.The 27-year-old has scored 77 goals in 161 appearances for Liverpool, helping the Premier League leaders win last season’s Ch
- All the major supermarkets imposed restrictions this month keep shelves full after Brits panicked due to the pandemic and stocked up on supplies.
- The Empire State Building was lit up like an emergency flashing light as the coronavirus crisis continues to grip New York (Pictures: Rita King)New York City’s iconic Empire State Building has been turned into a giant emergency flashing light as the Big Apple is gripped by the coronavirus pandemic. The 86-story skyscraper’s upper floors were lit-up with a throbbing beam on Monday night, with its pinnacle being turned into a revolving red and white light – just like those seen o
- Someone is a millionaire and doesn’t know it (Picture: Rex)If you bought a lottery ticket recently, check your numbers!Someone has won nearly £58,000,000 – but hasn’t claimed their winnings.They could be sitting out the coronavirus lockdown on their own golf course drinking champagne from a diamond goblet – but instead they’re probably queuing one-in-one-out at Tesco like the rest of us.
The winning ticket was bought in South Ayrshire with the owner matching f
- How are your eyebrows looking? (Picture: Getty)Looking like a less glamorous Frieda Kahlo at the moment?Are you the hairiest you’ve ever been, like you’re embracing a belated Januhairy?Don’t worry, you’re not alone. The coronavirus lockdown has meant our usual salons and waxing places are closed for business and we have to deal with our body hair by ourselves.
If you’re the kind of person who’s not used to holding a thread, tweezers, or wax because you prefer
- Emily has been working on the frontlines (Picture:PA Wire/Instagram)Emily MacDonagh admitted she is terrified about giving coronavirus to her children.The NHS doctor – who shares children with her husband Peter Andre – is on the frontline fighting the killer virus.Covid-19 causes severe breathing difficulties and she is worried she will pass it to their kids including Amelia, six, and Theodore, three.Writing in OK! magazine, she explained: ‘If I wasn’t working for the NHS
- Madeline Mai-Davies and Nicholas Murray filmed the moment their neighbour left the house in a rather bizarre disguise - and the videos have racked up millions of views on social media
- Two members of the Skagit Valley Chorale died of the coronavirus and 45 are believed to have been infected by the virus after the group met on March 10. (Picture: Kiro7/Inside Edition)A choir rehearsal amid the coronavirus outbreak led to at least 45 new cases of the disease and two deaths.
Dozens of members of the Skagit Valley Chorale tested positive for Covid-19 after about 60 members the group’s 120-person choir met for practice on March 10 in Mount Vernon, Washington.
Skagit County Pu
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!