- The Food Standards Agency (FSA) is caught up in a backlog, where some of the highest risk establishments may have missed up to three inspections.
- In recent days, both Beijing and Moscow have goaded Biden with aggressive military exercises, with Chinese warplanes encroaching on Taiwan and Russian bombers flying off Hawaii.
- The Church of England risks 'reputational' damage over the way its historic assets may have been built on the proceeds of slavery, a report said.
Man who lost memory when he was hit by a car as a teen suddenly has flashbacks after hearing 80s hitThomas Leeds was 19 when he was hit by a car in London and suffered a traumatic brain injury which left him with no childhood memories and the inability to recognise people's faces.
- The man was seen getting into difficulty in the water on Tuesday evening (Picture: Ben Lack)The body of a 27-year-old man has been pulled from a reservoir in West Yorkshire.Eyewitnesses reported seeing him getting into difficulty while swimming in Ponden Reservoir on Tuesday evening.Following a desperate search, his body was recovered from the water hours later.Detective Chief Inspector Andy Farrell said: ‘We are continuing to investigate today following a major search at the reservoir las
Richard Madeley had audiences convinced he’d fully taken on the role of Alan Partridge after comparing Shamima Begum to the Hitler youth on today’s Good Morning Britain.The presenter and co-host Susanna Reid had just finished facilitating a debate on whether Ms Begum should be able to return to the UK after she travelled to Syria to join the so-called Islamic State group (IS
Lady Colin Campbell appeared to defend Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew in a bizarre rant on GB News.The writer and television personality appeared on Dan Wootton’s evening show and claimed that Prince Andrew was being made a scapegoat in the US over his connection to convicted paedophile Epstein in order to protect former President Bill Clinton.Prince Andrew allegedly stayed at
- As the God of Mischief, Loki has taken many forms (Picture: Marvel/Disney Plus)Warning: spoilers ahead for episode 2 of Loki.In episode 2 of Loki on Disney Plus, Marvel’s God of Mischief (Tom Hiddleston) makes significant progress understanding how the other variant Loki is escaping the clutches of the TVA (Time Variance Authority).Loki – who was captured by the TVA after his escape in Avengers: Endgame – realises that the other version of himself is hiding out in apocalypses t
- Tessa Francoise, from Fort Worth, Texas, recorded herself in fits of laughter as she scratched Bentley the cat's back, causing him to gurgle and roll his head from side to side.
- Fiona Hill, who served as Donald Trump's top Russian adviser, said she considered pulling a fire alarm or faking a medical emergency to end the his 2018 press conference with Vladimir Putin.
- via mirror.co.ukWe'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story. Please check back regularly for updates on this developing story.
- Tuchel has learned Chelsea’s fixtures for the Premier League season (Picture: UEFA via Getty)Chelsea will begin their 2021/22 Premier League campaign against XXX on XXX.The Blues enjoyed a remarkable renaissance under Thomas Tuchel after he replaced Frank Lampard last season, sealing a top-four finish, reaching the FA Cup final and winning the Champions League.They will hope for even better things to come in Tuchel’s first full season in charge after he has his first full transfer wi
- Arteta has learned Arsenal’s fixtures for the new season (Picture: Getty)Arsenal will begin their 2021/22 Premier League campaign away to Brentford on August 14.Last term was a disappointing one for the Gunners in what was Mikel Arteta’s first full season in charge.
The north London outfit missed out on European qualification after finishing down in eighth place in the Premier League, with a staggering 25-point difference between themselves and eventual champions Manchester City.Arte
- Solskjaer hoping to challenge City for the title (Picture: Getty)Manchester United will begin their 2021/22 Premier League campaign against rivals Leeds United at Old Trafford.Marcelo Bielsa’s men impressed during their first campaign back in the top division last term for over 15 years but they were thumped 6-2 on their return to the Theatre of Dreams in December.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side finished second behind champions Manchester City but a slow start and a mid-season wobble en
- The Premier League opening weekend fixtures have been announced (Pictures: Getty/Metro.co.uk)The fixtures for the forthcoming 2021/22 Premier League season have been announced and there will be a huge amount of excitement as the campaign gets underway in August.There will be very little time off for football fans over the summer with the Euros keeping us all entertained until the final on 11 July and the Premier League getting back into swing on 14 August.The opening games are played over the we
- Klopp looking to lead Liverpool back to the top (Picture: Getty)Liverpool will begin their 2021/22 Premier League campaign against Norwich City on 14 August.A late resurgence ensured Jurgen Klopp’s side salvaged their season with Champions League qualification last term.
A new season will bring new hope with the Reds looking to replicate their stunning 2019-20 campaign and draw level with Manchester United’s record haul of 20 titles.Liverpool's fixtures for 2021/22 Premier League sea
- via mirror.co.ukA witness to the argument said she thought the "sun had gone to people's heads" after a foul mouthed rant at the Southport holiday camp saw a group of people removed from their chalet
- Could Ragnarok tie into the wider picture in Loki? (Picture: Marvel Studios/Disney Plus)Warning: spoilers ahead for episode 2 of Loki.Episode 2 of Loki on Disney Plus has thrown many spanners in the works, as Marvel’s God of Mischief tracks down the lethal Loki variant by using Thor: Ragnarok to figure out how they’re evading the TVA.The episode ended on a huge cliffhanger, as one of the biggest fan theories was officially confirmed with the arrival of the cunning Lady Loki (Sophia D
- Even in families that were ‘tolerant’, LGBTQ+ discussions never took place above a furtive whisper (Picture: Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images)There are many cliched ways that I can describe it, but after coming out, it was as if the sun had broken through and it was shining on me. Until then, I had been living under a dark grey cloud of fear. It’s hard to understand unless you grew up 80s or 90s, but the level of shame projected onto the gay community had significant repercus
- The court hearing is nearing ever closer (Pictures: ITV)Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) vowed to save Simon Barlow (Alex Bain) in Coronation Street after he told her about the drugs ordeal he had got himself into.Since coming face to face with Harvey (Will Mellor), Leanne has dealt drugs for him, acted as a police informant and went into hiding after Harvey was arrested.Leanne has done her best to protect Simon but in one final showdown, can she have Harvey jailed after Nick (Ben Price) gets shot
- Ikea is the latest brand to pull ads from GB News (Picture: Warren Little/Getty Images)GB News’s Andrew Neil has criticised Ikea, after the furniture giant suspended advertisements on the channel.A number of companies, including Koppaberg, Grolsch, Nivea and Open University, have suspended ads on the new news channel, claiming they were unaware that their campaigns would appear on GB News.This comes amid campaigns from groups such as Stop Funding Hate, who are concerned about the political
'Tobacco baron trade ring' smashed as raids find $25million in home-grown tobacco, cigarettes, vapesA massive tobacco baron trade ring worth millions has allegedly been smashed after police and Australian Tax Office raided a dozen locations in Queensland.
- The all-electric ‘flying ferries’ could be in the air by 2028 (PA)Forget a five-hour ferry to cross the Channel to France, in the future you’ll be able to hop aboard an all-electric ‘Seaglider’.Each glider will shuttle 150 passengers between England and France at speeds of up to 180mph.
The fleet of battery-powered gliders are designed to ride on a cushion of air trapped between the vehicle and the water’s surface – the so-called ‘ground effect&rsq
- Footage showed BBC journalist Nicholas Watt being chased through the streets in Whitehall (Picture: Reuters/Resistance GB)A man has been charged after a journalist was confronted and chased by a group of anti-lockdown protesters in London.Martin Hockridge, 57, was charged with a public order offence on Tuesday evening.
It came after footage shared on social media showed Newsnight political editor Nicholas Watt being mobbed and physically intimidated by demonstrators during the protest in Whiteha
- Jonathon Philpott, father of the 13-year-old boy who died crashing a stolen car last Wednesday, has hit back at online trolls who criticised his decision to put his troubled son into the care of the state.
- Around one million people aged 21 and 22 in England will begin to be invited to come forward for their vaccine from this morning, leaving only 18 to 20 year olds yet to get the call.
- At least two people were taken to hospital with head injuries last night when a botched Greenpeace stunt before the Germany v France Euro 2020 match saw a paraglider hurtle into the stands.
Author Adiba Jaigirda didn’t realise Asian people could be queer – now she hopes her book will help other people of colour embrace who they areAdiba Jaigirdar has published a book about two queer Bangladeshi girls (Picture: Lia Carlotti)It was an MTV show that inspired Adiba Jaigirdar to write her new book, Hani And Ishu’s Guide To Fake Dating.
When watching the now-cancelled Faking It, a show in which two best friends pretend to be lesbians in an attempt to be popular, Adiba grew frustrated by the representation of queer characters on the show.
So she decided to reclaim the narrative.
‘I wanted to make this trope my own an
- Two million Australians who are on the minimum wage will see an increase thanks to a ruling by the Fair Work Commission - with full-time workers getting an $18.80 weekly bump.
- Paul Pogba has become the latest sports star to snub a Euros sponsor after he removed a bottle of Heineken from a table while speaking to reporters on Tuesday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!