- Ruben Loftus-Cheek is battling for a place in Chelsea’s midfield (Getty)Thomas Tuchel has challenged Ruben Loftus-Cheek to earn a place in Chelsea’s squad this summer.The 25-year-old impressed under Maurizio Sarri during Chelsea’s 2018-19 campaign but an Achilles injury in a post-season friendly in the United States ruled him out for the majority of the following season with Frank Lampard.Loftus-Cheek joined Fulham on loan last season in order to get regular playing time and he
- Miami joined Dubai in deploying medical detection dogs at its airports this week (Picture: Getty)The first ever full-time deployments of Covid-detecting dogs at an airport has begun in Dubai.The United Arab Emirates now has 38 medical detection dogs, which can identify infected people with 98.2 per cent accuracy, working at its airports.A team including German Shepherds, Labradors, Cocker Spaniels and Border Collies are able to carry out 30-40 tests a day each, said First Lieutenant Nasser al-Fa
- Ole Gunnar Solksjaer blocked any transfer for Jesse Lingard this summer (Picture: Getty)West Ham boss David Moyes has revealed that Manchester United blocked any potential permanent transfer for Jesse Lingard in the summer because Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wanted him in his first team squad this season.
Lingard had a stellar second half of last season on loan at the Hammers, helping them to a place in the Europa League and getting himself back into the England squad.The 28-year-old was reportedly Wes
EastEnders fans are desperate to find out whether murderous Gray Atkins will get his comeuppance and now star Toby Alexander Smith has dropped a huge hint over his fate.
In recent months in the Square, Gray has somehow managed to keep under wraps the fact he is very dangerous indeed, having killed both his wife Chantelle Atkins (Jessica Plummer) and Tina Carter (Luisa Bradshaw White).Gra
AL mom jailed after boarding school bus and fighting 11-year-old she suspected of bullying her childNannatt Waldrop, 37, is accused of boarding a yellow bus in the town of Center Point at 7:18 a.m. Tuesday morning and getting in a fight with the 11-year-old she believed was picking on her child.
- 20 years since vanishing from British high streets, the government is looking at the return of Imperial measures (Picture: Getty)Downing Street has confirmed a review which could see imperial weights and measures reintroduced in British shops will go ahead.The government is looking at reversing the UK’s decision to join the European Union’s decades-long process of switching over to the uniform metric system.Britain signed up to the policy in 1973 but it didn’t come into full ef
- The DVLA intends to bring in digital licenses by 2024 (Picture: Getty)Plastic driving licences could be phased out in coming years as part of a trial to make the system digital.The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) is aiming to develop an app featuring provisional licences, required by those learning to drive, by 2024.It is understood that the technology could later be expanded to cover full licences.A Department for Transport (DfT) source said the move was not possible beforeBrexit bec
Tommy Fury truly let his hair down on a rare night out in Liverpool, without girlfriend Molly-Mae Hague.The Love Island star, 22, left onlookers shocked as he popped up at a student night, joined by pals in the VIP section.At one point, the boxer whipped his top off and stood simply in blue jeans and Calvin Klein boxers in front of the audience.He then began beating his chest as delighte
- Piers was left riled up by Alex after they disagreed on air (Picture: ITV/Getty)Piers Morgan famously walked off the set of Good Morning Britain in March after a row over Meghan Markle but he’s now explained he did this after narrowly avoiding a further altercation with co-star Alex Beresford.The TV host, 56, quit his role on the ITV breakfast show earlier this year after 41,000 viewers complained to Ofcom over his comments on the Duchess of Sussex after her interview with Oprah Winfrey.Bu
Lost film to get proper premiere 80 years after it was originally thought to have been destroyed by NazisEuropa, made in 1931, has been restored after it was thought to be destroyed by the Nazis (Picture: Themerson Estate)
Provider: Themerson Estate
Copyright: Themerson EstateA film thought to have been destroyed by the Nazis has been restored and will get an official premiere 80 years on.Stefan and Franciszka Themersons’ 1931 film Europa, described by the BFI as an ‘anti-fascist masterpiece’, has been discovered after it was apparently seized in Paris during the Second World War.
- Bob Woodward's new book Peril claims former US Attorney General Bill Barr warned Trump that independent voters thought he was a 'f**king a*****e' and that he needed to 'dial it back.'
- The pactincludes 11 members including Australia, New Zealand and Japan, which will all have to unanimously agree before China can join.
- The giant penguin, pictured here as what it may have looked like, would have been 4.7ft tall when it was alive 34 million years ago (Picture: Simone Giovanardi)A 34-million-year-old fossil discovered by schoolchildren on a beach in New Zealand has been confirmed as a new species of penguin.Kids on a summer fossil-hunting trip with the Hamilton Junior Naturalist Club in Kawhia Harbour, Waikato discovered the remains in 2006.And scientists from Massey University in New Zealand have now finally rev
- Vulnerable people are at high risk of catching Covid-19, but some carers who look after them are not sure about taking the Covid-19 vaccine (Picture: Getty)Care workers who have not had their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine risk losing their jobs.
The government has said that all care workers should be double-jabbed by November 11, or they risk being banned from care homes in England.
According to official figures, 90.4% of care home workers have had their first dose and 82.2% of care home st
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blasted social media groups for allowing the spread of conspiracy theories during an event at Chatham House on a trip to the UK.
- MPs on the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Coronavirus urged the government to prioritise donating vaccines through the COVAX scheme, rather than giving booster jabs to healthy over-50s
Writer Nels Abbey has condemned Andrew Neil’s claim that he ‘abused’ him while speaking to the broadcaster about his exit as chair of GB News on Question Time, describing it as a ‘shocking assertion’.On Thursday evening’s episode of Question Time on BBC One, Fiona Bruce was joined by a panel of guests including Nels, Andrew, armed forces minister James
- Baltimore police have identified the victim in a 1976 cold case as Margaret Fetterolf, 16, of Alexandria, Virginia. Investigators used DNA and genealogy sites to identify the deceased.
- Izabella-Grace Trodd-Jones, who lost her grandfather Colin to Covid, has said it is her duty to protect other people with lowered immune systems (Picture: Tiffany Jones)A 12-year-old girl who lost her grandfather to Covid wants to be among the first children to take the vaccine, ‘so I can protect others’.Izabella-Grace Trodd-Jones plans to follow Colin Reginald Jones’s wishes when the programme is rolled out to 12 to 15-year-olds next week.The Year 8 pupil’s family say it
- New Zealand's trans-Tasman travel bubble ban will remain until November after the government halted travel back in July for eight weeks with chances of reopening depending on vaccination.
- The Taliban, who seized control of Afghanistan last month last amid the chaotic US withdrawal, locked women out of the building today as workers swapped the signs outside the department.
- Stephanie and Josh have been together for nine years (Picture: Kennedy News)A woman has become a TikTok star by offering tips for dealing with troublesome inlaws.
And she’ll keep going – even though her mother-in law has called her a ‘b*tch’ whose videos are pushing the family apart.
Stephanie Ferry has been with partner Josh Ferry, 28, for nine years and claims the difficult relationship with his family began when they finished college and moved in together. The 28-
- Alex Murdaugh has been accused of stealing $4 million from the grieving sons of his longtime housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield, after he told them to sue him but never paid them out.
- Jace Spicer, 26, and his girlfriend Makita Donovan, 24, were taking astroll on a beach in Western Australia when they decided to film themselves walking towards the sunset.
Michael Owen’s Premier League predictions for Tottenham’s clash with Chelsea plus Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City gamesMichael Owen has made his predictions for the weekend’s Premier League action (Picture: Getty)The seemingly never-ending international break is now a distant memory and a huge weekend of Premier League action awaits, with Chelsea’s trip to fierce rivals Tottenham arguably the pick of the fixtures.Leaders Manchester United will look to strengthen their grip at the top of the table with victory over former manager David Moyes at West Ham, while champions Manchester City can assert pres
- Firefighters and police officers were attacked in full view of residents in HemlingtonAn investigation has been launched after firefighters attending the scene of a blaze were pelted with debris.Crews called to reports of a fire in Hemlington, a housing estate on the outskirts of Middlesbrough, found a large gang setting fires to piles of rubbish.In full view of residents on Cass House Road, the thugs started hurling items including bottles and rocks at them.The arsonists also targeted police of
- Wendell was set to be married late August but died after not taking the COVID-19 vaccine over unfounded fears of infertility. Now she's having her funeral in the church she was to marry in.
- Jodey Whiting died in February 2017 around two weeks after her disability benefit was stopped when she did not attend a work capability assessment. Her mother asked the High Court to grant a new inquest
- With high scores in teaching quality and student experience, the University of Andrews has topped The Times’ Good University Guide of 2022 for the first time in the table’s 30 years
- Brits say the best piece of financial advice is "pay your bills and stay out of debt" - and think that it is also important to teach children the value of money
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!