- A man holding an Amazon delivery. (Getty)A third of Brits are racked with guilt over their growing use of online shopping giant Amazon, a poll found.They say purchasing goods on the site makes them feel guilty they are not suporting smaller companies with clear social and environmental aims.Many are also tormented by using the multi-national instead of smaller local shops and considering other options.Millions of people turned to the home delivery service during lockdowns but a huge 32 per cent
- It’s strongly advised that everyone over the age of 25 gets a smear test (Picture: Getty)If you’re over the age of 25, you have most likely been sent a letter by the NHS urging you to get your cervical screening (also known as a smear test).A cervical screening checks the health of your cervix and analyses a small sample of cells for high risk human papillomavirus (HPV), a virus that can lead to cancer.
The virus is passed on during skin to skin contact with the genitals.
- Londoners won’t be able to rely on Vodafone for free Wi-Fi on the Tube anymore (Getty)Vodafone has quietly ditched one of its most useful free perks: complimentary Wi-Fi on the London Underground.The service was withdrawn during lockdown, so any workers returning to the office in the coming months will find themselves unable to get online.Vodafone’s decision only came to light when one puzzled customer queried why they were unable to connect to the network.Assuming it was a technical
- The Health Secretary hailed 'encouraging' data showing the rate at which infections of the mutant strain across Britain are growing has started to decelerate, after spreading exponentially since April.
- Bruno Fernandes has been off the boil for Portugal (Credits: EPA)Jose Mourinho has slammed Bruno Fernandes’ performances in Portugal’s first two matches of the European Championships and says the side have not been playing with 11 players so far in the tournament.
The playmaker entered the tournament after a sensational campaign for Manchester United, in which he scored 30 goals and provided 18 assists in all competitions.However, Fernandes has failed to replicate his club form for h
- A coronavirus outbreak has prompted the NRL to act swiftly to enact level-three restrictions, banning players using public transport and attending crowded places such as shopping centres.
- Thames Water coned off lanes and temporary traffic lights on roads across Wandsworth but didn't actually carry out any work, leaving unmanned 'phantom' sites to cause huge tailbacks and delays.
- Analysis by the PC Agency suggested 14 countries on Britain's 'amber list' could be moved to green because their Covid-19 case rates over the past fortnight are less than half those in Britain.
- Vivek Ramaswamy, the founder of biotech firm Roivant Sciences, says he is 'fed up' with corporate America pretending to care about justice to boost profits.
- Current figures show Government borrowing stood at £24.3billion in May (Picture: Getty/PA)Boris Johnson’s plan for a £200million new national flagship has been branded ‘silly populist nonsense’ by former chancellor Ken Clarke.
The plans for the successor to the Royal Yacht Britannia show that some in Downing Street believe there is ‘free money’, the Tory peer said.
Lord Clarke told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that the new vessel is a ‘compl
Love Island 2021: Shannon Singh declares her topless days are over as she reflects on glamour model daysLove Island 2021 contestant Shannon Singh has ruled out returning to the world of topless modelling.The 22-year-old, who previously revealed she enjoys having sex eight times a day, is one of the 11 singletons heading into the Majorcan villa on Monday when the IV2 dating show returns.Shannon introduced herself in a video where she announced: ‘I used to be a glamour model but now I’m an influencer. My topless days are gone, but I loved it at the time.‘There’s nothing wrong
- The couple sold the home in March for $8.14 million, less than two years after purchasing it for $4.495million.
Family was embroiled in 'violent brawl' onboard P&O Norway cruise after 'intoxicated' man's commentsPaul Evans, 45, was allegedly intoxicated when he started fighting fellow passengers and threw one of their phone's overboard, while he was aboard a P&O cruise from Norway in summer 2019.
- Kyle Cutkelvin, 27, admitted the assault, which took place just a few days before Christmas 2019, at Lanark Sheriff Court in Scotland. He competed in the 2017 series of the X Factor.
- The Duke of Cambridge has grown wary of conversations with his brother ending up in the press, according to royal commentators, ahead of a reunion next month
- Don Ash married Maya in 2015, two years after divorcing his first wife (Pictures: Champion News)A 42-year-old widow has lost a fight with her dead husband’s first wife over her mother-in-law’s £840,000 estate.
Maya Gocheva-Ash is more than 30 years younger than her late husband Don Ash’s first wife Cindy, whom he divorced in 2013.The pair have been embroiled in a High Court fight over the meaning of the word ‘wife’ in Don’s mother’s will.
- Another 22 professions have been added to Australia's priority list of skill shortages, as the country continues to grapple with coronavirus border closures.
- The veteran Westminster MP immediately demanded Mr Johnson's government and Brussels 'step up' efforts to find an alternative to the Northern Ireland Protocol.
- The peer who lost her Darlington seat in 2019 will move into the shadow Cabinet and take responsibility for Brexit in the Lords
James Argent back on solids as he shares weight loss update after losing 5.5st following gastric surgeryJames is still recovering from his gastric band (Picture: Tristan Fewings/Getty Images)Towie star James Argent has revealed he’s lost 5.5stone and is once again eating solid food following gastic surgery earlier this year.The reality TV star has been open about his health battles and has been documenting his journey following the procedure after his weight reached 27st in lockdown.Sharing an update with fans two months after the surgery, he was seen dining out in a restaurant as he beamed
- Cathy Blythe had a gastric bypass in 2011 and lost more than nine stone, but has suffered scores of health problems since including losing her teeth
- Lacey shared a snap of her siblings with their dad on Father’s Day (Picture: BBC/Instagram/Lacey Turner)EastEnders star Lacey Turner celebrated Father’s Day with a picture of herself with sisters Lily and Daisy alongside their dad.
The actress, who portrays Stacey Slater in the BBC One soap, shared the image on her Instagram Stories.
Lacey is, of course, known for her work on EastEnders, but Daisy and Lily have both made appearances in soapland also.
Daisy portrayed Hollyoaks charact
- It’s better to get feelings down on paper than bottle them up (Picture: Getty Images)Christina Thatcher, creative writing lecturer, Cardiff Metropolitan University:Ernest Hemingway famously said that writers should ‘write hard and clear about what hurts’.
Although Hemingway may not have known it at the time, research has now shown that writing about ‘what hurts’ can help improve our mental health.There are more than 200 studies that show the positive effect of writi
- Julia Yonkowski was drawing out cash when she realised there was a massive $999,985,855.94 in her account - the equivalent of nearly £720 million
- A photo has emerged showing baby toys, an overturned CCTV camera and family portraits inside the Athens home where Charalambos (Babis) Anagnostopoulos allegedly killed Caroline Crouch
- The pair decided enough was enough when mum Angela Warrell couldn't fit a seatbelt round her on a flight during a family holiday - and shed a whopping 15 stone in total
- Lillie Goddard has been ordered to remove a metal shipping container, pictured, from her home in Swindon, Wiltshire following a long-running campaign by neighbours against the eyesore.
- Flip or Flop star Christina Haack and host Ant Anstead’s divorce has been finalized (Picture: Getty)HGTV star Christina Haack has officially finalized her divorce from ex-husband Ant Anstead, nine months after the former couple legally separated.The Flip or Flop star and the 42-year-old British host were married for 21 months before they split in 2020, with the couple sharing one-year-old son Hudson London.According to TMZ, the 37-year-old and her former partner have ‘privately settl
- Democrats' voting rights bill is all but certain to fail in the Senate on Tuesday as Republicans move to block the progressive priority and Joe Biden failed to get Joe Manchin to back the legislation.
- Two men have been found guilty of the murder of a father-of-two in Hounslow last year (Picture: Met Police; CPS)A jealous boyfriend hugged an armed friend before they stormed a house party in London and murdered an innocent man.After their chilling embrace caught on CCTV, Kalid Abdi, 26, and Mohammad Butt, 22, started attacking male guests at random.Dad-of-two Nathan Mitra, 32, was stabbed once in the heart by Butt, a complete stranger to him, at the house in Hounslow.A court heard Abdi was
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!