- MICHAEL LEWIS: He'd grown up in a big, working-class family in Chicago where his toolmaker father had encouraged him to tackle problems with the same confidence that he shaped steel.
- The cruising industry is seeing a llight at the tunnel by sending its first trial voyage off to the ocean. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.'s Freedom of the Seas set its first ship off the PortMiami on Sunday.
- Walter Shaub, the former Office of Government Ethics director, has urged Hunter and his art dealer Georges Berges to reveal the identity of the buyers from his New York exhibition.
- An Uber Eats driver was caught on surveillance video stealing a cat before dropping off a food delivery order (Pictures: FOXLA 11)An Uber Eats driver allegedly stole a family’s 18-year-old cat from the front yard before dropping of their food delivery order to a neighbor. A surveillance camera captured the moment that the unnamed delivery driver scooped up the cat and put it in a brown paper bag in the backseat of her car.
Patrick Lewis of Studio City, California, said he realized his cat
- Rudvelle Walters is accused of telling the woman he wouldn’t leave the room until he was given a kiss (Picture: PA)A police officer sexually assaulted a missing woman who had fled from her husband following an argument, a court has heard.Rudvelle Walters is accused of putting his hand into the woman’s underwear in London and saying he would only leave her hotel room if her friend who was sheltering with her gave him a kiss.Walters, 48, later sent the unnamed woman a Facebook friend r
- Vicci Dunne, 36, from Widnes, Cheshire, found out she was expecting two girls and a boy with her husband Paul after going to Cyprus for IVF treatment before the pandemic hit.
- Elizabeth Noble, 22, was walking to her car in Haywards Heath on Saturday afternoon when she was attacked from behind by an unseen assailant and left with a black eye.
- WARNING - DISTRESSING IMAGES: EXCLUSIVE: Footage shows beagles being piled onto overcrowded trolleys and whimpering before being force fed chemicals for 90 days in what comedian Ricky Gervais called 'terrible cruelty'
Friends star James Michael Tyler tears up recalling how he ‘nearly died’ from prostate cancer: ‘I feared not seeing my wife’James Michael Tyler was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2018 (Picture: YouTube, Getty)Friends actor James Michael Tyler has revealed he ‘nearly died’ from prostate cancer eight months ago after being rushed to intensive care. The actor, who famously played Gunther in the hit US sitcom, announced this week that he has been diagnosed with ‘advanced prostate cancer’ and that the disease has spread to his bones. In a PSA recorde
- Daniel King, 28, had been smoking cannabis before he sped onto the pavement to avoid a police car and mowed down Rebecca Cooke, 26, on the streets of Merseyside
- Jamie is out to destroy Kim, as the ITV soap revealed him to be the mystery poisoner (Picture: ITV)After several months of speculation regarding who it is that’s poisoning Emmerdale icon Kim (Claire King), the ITV soap confirmed tonight (June 21) that her own son Jamie (Alexander Lincoln) is the culprit.
Did not see that one coming!Tonight’s edition of the serial drama saw Jamie go out of his way to secure ‘evidence’ on Will Taylor (Dean Andrews), in the hopes of making K
- Looking for the most popular Amazon Prime Day deals? Amazon Prime Day 2021 is live, and we've rounded up all the best and most popular Prime Day deals right here.
- Kyanni Williams suffered a large cut to her left cheek when she was delivered via an emergency C-section at Denver Health Hospital on June 15. Her parents are not demanding answers.
Real Housewives of Orange County alum Braunwyn Windham-Burke responds to trolls claiming she’s a ‘fake lesbian’: ‘Ask my girlfriend’Real Housewives of Orange County alum Braunwyn Windham-Burke hits back at claims she’s faking being gay (Picture: Getty)Former Real Housewives of Orange County star Braunwyn Windham-Burke has made it clear she has no time for the haters as some trolls still accuse the TV personality of faking the fact she is gay.The 43-year-old surprised fans when she confirmed that she is a lesbian in a candid interview with GLAAD last November.Indeed, the news was more of a shock for some due to the fact
- The show was previously cancelled because of the pandemic (Picture: Metro.co.uk)ITV’s Love Island finally returns to our screens in a matter of days, and the full line up of contestants has been announced.
The dating show will see singletons return to the revamped villa to find true love – with insiders describing it as the ‘best series yet’.
The Islanders are reportedly quarantining in Spain ahead of the launch show, leading many to wonder about the coronavirus-secure fi
- Arizona Cardinals rookie Zaven Collins was arrested for reckless driving in Scottsdale. He recently signed a a four-year, $14.7 million deal with the team after being taken in the first round.
- The camera, which takes shots every 20 minutes, managed to capture the alfresco romp in the Austrian alps and post it online after software failed to notice the pair and switch off the lens.
- The workers from, Kinnaird, Edinburgh, have been asked to self-isolate after an outbreak began at the branch late last week when one member of staff tested positive for Covid-19.
- The Metropolitan Police says 14 arrests have been made as anti-lockdown demonstrators flocked to Westminster on the day the final restrictions were due to lift
- President Joe Biden is in danger of missing two of his major COVID targets in the coming weeks - a 70 per cent vaccination rate in US by July 4th and sending 80 million doses worldwide by end of June.
- Fifty shootings were reported to have occurred throughout the United States over the weekend, including 10 mass shootings - defined as those that injure four or more people.
- Some residents said they were scared to leave their homes (Picture: SWNS)Two people have been arrested after hundreds of travellers attended a religious festival in Rutland, leaving residents ‘scared to leave their homes’.Leicestershire Police said they had dealt with a number of possible offences, including attempted robbery, anti-social behaviour and driving infringements.Around 1,500 travellers attended the mass Pentecostal Christian event called the festival of Light and Life at
- Officials announced on Monday that everyone who lives and works in two of the city's areas should take a test from Tuesday amid a rise in cases of the Delta variant
- Alexis Dorothy Talley, 23, allegedly punching her 21-year-old girlfriend after hearing her sleep talk about an ex (Picture: Facebook)A woman allegedly pummeled her girlfriend after hearing her talk about her ex-lover in her sleep. Alexis Dorothy Talley, 23, is accused of punching her 21-year-old girlfriend at the apartment they share in Florida.
Police responded to a 911 call around 11.40pm about a fight in progress on June 13 and came into contact with the victim. The victim told cops that she
- Royal expert Ingrid Seward said the Princess of Wales had told her her split from Prince Charles had taken its toll, but she still seemed "full of life and vivacious"
- Emergency services were called to a serious assault on Collingsway, in Darlington, County Durham, at around 12.45pm on Monday afternoon.
- Talking about suicide can still feel like a taboo, particularly if you are worried that simply mentioning it might put the thought into someone’s head. So what should you say when you want to help?
- While President Joe Biden promised that none of his family members would receive government jobs, that hasn't extended to his top tier of advisers, whose children have gotten administration gigs.
Dr Ranj Singh appeared on The One Show tonight to warn that Freedom Day could be delayed once again.The public was originally told that complete freedom would be from June 21, which has already been pushed back to July 19 at the earliest. Step four of the Government’s road map out of lockdown would see all legal limits on social contact removed, with nightclubs allowed t
- The findings from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center show that the majority of the burden would still be placed on America's richest families earning more than $800,000.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!