‘They want us to run out of time’ – Eddie Hearn fears Tyson Fury is now set to fight Manuel Charr instead of Anthony JoshuaDetails of a contract for the fight are still being discussed (Picture: Getty)Eddie Hearn now believes Tyson Fury is preparing for a fight against Manuel Charr instead of Anthony Joshua on December.Joshua has accepted terms to fight ‘The Gypsy King’ on 3 December in Cardiff for the WBC heavyweight title with further contractual talks now ongoing between Matchroom and Queensberry Promotions.In a video posted on Friday morning, Fury accusing Joshua of ‘not signing’ the cont
- Meet the natural supplements that claim to have superpowers (Picture: Getty Images)You know those days when you’re on a go-slow: forgotten passcodes, vocabulary that’s just out of reach, missed punchlines and the general feeling that, mentally, you’re wading through treacle?Well, there’s a pill for that, apparently. Nootropics is an umbrella term for any substance that has mentally stimulating effects.Some are prescribed and counter the symptoms of serious medical conditi
- Get all the support you need! (pic: Metro.co.uk)The first few days have been rough for Overwatch 2, as players continue to face problems ranging from account merge issues to long queue times. Blizzard had promised that the transition to Overwatch 2 would be as smooth as possible, but this doesn’t seem to be the case so far. The launch of the sequel on October 4 marked the start of a new, rocky era for the game, as the original was wiped out of existence. Game launches are tricky
- The 18-year-old has cemented his status as the likely top pick in the 2023 draft (Pictures: Getty)LeBron James has described 18-year-old basketball sensation Victor Wembanyama as ‘an alien’ and believes he is destined for the top – though has encouraged him to stay off social media.The 7ft4in French teenager has become an overnight sensation after posting 37 points in a G-League face-off with another potential number one NBA draft pick for 2023 in Scoot Henderson, who posted 29
- Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg speaks during a climate strike demonstration of Fridays for Future in Stockholm (Credit: Getty)Greta Thunberg has revealed how being diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome has shaped her approach to the climate crisis.She said it ‘helped me see through a lot of the bulls**t’.The 19-year-old climate activist gained recognition at the age of 15 when she began spending her Fridays sat outside the Swedish parliament building calling for more seri
- The TV presenter was diagnosed in September last year (Picture: Getty/Instagram)Julia Bradbury has spoken on her fears that having children later down the line increased her risk of breast cancer.The presenter, 52, announced that she had been diagnosed with cancer in September last year, before undergoing a mastectomy one month later to have a 6cm tumour removed.Julia has been incredibly open about her experiences and fronted an ITV documentary about her battle with breast cancer,
- Joanne managed to staircase her way to full ownership after 12 years (Picture: RJ Photographics)Back in 2009, Joanne Royston was working as a telephone fundraiser for a charity in central London and living in a rented flat when she came across shared ownership and decided to look into it.
This was the first in a series of steps in her journey to owning a home outright.She says: ‘I’d been renting a little flat in south-east London and was keen to buy a place of my own somewhere in the
- A mass emergency response has been seen near Liverpool Street Station in central London today after 'four people were stabbed'.
- Jessica Lawson drowned in a lake near the city of Limoges on a July 2015 school trip. Three British teachers were accused of gross negligence, but were yesterday found not guilty in a French court.
- Xabi Alonso has taken his first managerial job (Photo: Getty)Liverpool legend Xabi Alonso has taken his first senior management role after being appointed manager of Bayer Leverkusen.Alonso has signed a two-year deal with the Bundesliga side, having spent the last three seasons as head coach of Real Sociedad’s B team.Leverkusen sacked Gerardo Seoane on Wednesday following a dismal start to the season, with the club second from bottom in the league with just one win from their opening eight
- A US airborne operation involving multiple helicopters left one person dead in a government-controlled area of Syria's northeast.
Former Liverpool and Manchester United striker Michael Owen reveals he nearly joined Arsenal or ChelseaMichael Owen scored 158 goals across 297 games for Liverpool (Picture: Getty)Former Liverpool and Manchester United striker Michael Owen has revealed how he almost ended up at Arsenal or Chelsea as a youngster.Owen started his career at Liverpool, scoring 158 goals across 297 games, winning the Europa League, FA Cup and two League Cups during his time at Anfield.Following a spell at Real Madrid he returned to England with Newcastle United before joining Manchester United in 2009, scoring 17 goal
- Ukraine has pushed the Russian frontline back at least 12 miles in southern Kherson in recent days, Britain's MoD has said, and has also made gains in the north with videos now showing the attacks.
- Under Breed's previous 'soft touch' policies that have included drug markets, San Francisco has seen a surge in open-air drugtaking, with 1,700 fatal overdoses since the start of 2020.
- Four people have reportedly been stabbed in an attack in Central London according to witnesses as several police vans, ambulances and other emergency responders rush to the scene
Don’t worry, the Spice Girls are always ‘working on’ getting Victoria Beckham back on stage, Mel C saysThe Spice Girls have been spicing up our lives for 25 years (Picture: Tim Roney/Getty Images)Mel C has sent a ray of hope to Spice Girls fans, confirming that the band are always ‘working on’ getting Victoria Beckham back on stage.Posh Spice is still close friends with the rest of the stars, Mel C, Mel B, Emma Bunton and Geri Horner, but isn’t eager to return to the stage, even missing out on their 2019 reunion tour.However, Mel C – full name Melanie Chisholm – prom
- A mum has been left in disbelief after uncovering vintage Disney wallpaper in her home which is perfect for her Mickey Mouse loving son - people have offered suggestions on how to preserve the lovely print so she can treasure it forever
- Pop-up cycleways across Sydney included Bridge Road in inner-city Glebe, Pitt street in the CBD, Moore Park Road in Paddington and Sydney Park Road in Erskineville.
- Dr Craig Ross resigned in frustration after being told by his boss to change the way he taught following complaints from some of his students about his 'confusing' methods at Glasgow Clyde College.
- The digitization of the data collection process via third parties in some schools has raised concerns that students' sensitive medical history will be shared in harmful ways, particularly for female students
- It’s all about creating shadow (Picture: Getty Images)When it comes to beauty, it seems we always want what we can’t have – whether that’s longer eyelashes, fuller brows, lighter hair, freckles or even dimples.But, thanks to TikTok, some of these beauty dreams have become a reality – with handy DIY hacks.Faux freckles have been one of the biggest beauty trends on social media over the past few years, but now fake dimples are hitting the mainstream, too.People on Tik
- Homeowners face spending the highest percentage of their income on their mortgage since 1990 as the rate on a typical two-year fixed mortgage surged past six per cent for the first time in 14 years.
- Prime Minister Liz Truss holds talks with European leaders today as the National Grid was expected to present its outlook for the winter months
- The acquisition is one step closer to completion (pic: Microsoft)Brazil’s regulatory body has decided that an Xbox only Call Of Duty won’t give Microsoft any significant advantages.To some, it may seem like a done deal, but it’s still entirely possible for Microsoft’s £50 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard to be blocked. Something Wall Street at one point was betting will happen.The deal is being scrutinised by regulators worldwide to ensure it doesn’t
- David Fuller, pictured, appeared remotely from HMP Frankland at Medway Magistrates Court today (Picture: Kent Police/PA)Mortuary abuser David Fuller has entered no pleas to 12 sexual assault charges and no pleas for four extreme pornography charges.He appeared remotely from HMP Frankland at Medway Magistrates Court today.Fuller remains in jail after he murdered two women and sexually abused at least 100 corpses in hospital mortuaries.His case became known as the ‘bedsit murders’.Full
James Jordan unleashes scathing attack on Steph’s Packed Lunch for ‘stitching him up’ following Ellie Simmonds backlashJames’ comments over Strictly’s Ellie Simmonds was met with backlash (Picture: Channel 4)James Jordan has slammed Steph McGovern’s Packed Lunch after he claims they made out he was ‘attacking’ Strictly Come Dancing’s Ellie Simmonds.The ballroom choreographer, 44, recently faced backlash after commenting on the Paralympian’s week one cha cha cha.James, who is known for his regular weekly commentary on Strictly, tweeted: ‘Ellie! I bloody loved it! We
- Aldi wants to add to its 970 stores with 16 more by the end of the year, and also wants to hire 6,000 extra staff as it becomes the fourth-biggest supermarket in the UK
- A woman who has the longest nails in the world has opened up about what life is really like with a combined nail length of 1,306.58 cm (42 ft 10.4 in), and says she hasn't been to the salon in 22 years
- The pensioner, 90, was in his house in Hull when a man pretending to be injured stole his wallet. After chasing Nicholas Norton (pictured) to an ASDA, he punched him in the face and took it back.
- Follow their lead with shared ownership (Picture: Suppled/RJPotographics/Simon Jacobs)What with interest rate rises, inflation and general economic uncertainly, the prospects of buying your own home may seem slimmer than ever.
Enter shared ownership, which has a two-pronged approach to boosting affordability and provides the same level of security as buying on the open market.
It lets you purchase a share in a property while covering the balance with rent. And as your deposit is based on the cos
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!