Harry Shearer has voiced Dr Hibbert for three decades (Picture: Getty)Harry Shearer is to stop voicing Dr. Julius Hibbert on The Simpsons, with Kevin Michael Richardson taking over in the role.It comes after producers of the long-running animated series confirmed last year that they would no longer have white actors voicing non-white characters.Harry has provided the voices for black character Dr Hibbert, as well as Mr Burns, Ned Flanders and Principal Skinner since the show began in 1989.
- Making savings now can help them when they’re older (Picture: Getty Images)All of us want to give our children the best start in life, but it can be hard to find the money to put away when they are young, in order to pay for their future university fees, a first house deposit, or other expenses.The earlier you start putting money away for children, the more of an impact you can have.
You can make even more of an impact by putting the money into a tax-free Junior Isa.Cash or shares?Nearly t
- They spoke out in defense of their friend after Meghan Markle made a series of astonishing admissions on Sunday night about her life before stepping down as a working royal.
- It was bombshell after bombshell when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spoke to Oprah Winfrey in their world exclusive interview. Here are some of the quotes from the two hour special.
- Prince Harry has told Oprah Winfrey there were similarities between how the royal family reacted to his wife Meghan's popularity in Australia in 2018 and his mother's visit 35 years earlier.
China compares systematic rape and torture of Uighur minority to Australian treatment of AboriginalsAustralia has vowed to continue criticising shocking human rights abuses in China after Beijing suggested the treatment of Aboriginal people made Canberra's position hypocritical.
- The recent 'spring-like' weather will come to an abrupt end this week with stormy conditions and gale force winds set to sweep across the country as the week unfolds
- Photos show the smashed windshield of a Terradyne light armored patrol vehicle used by Boulder SWAT. Chief Maris Herold said it suffered 'thousands and thousands and thousands' worth of damage.
- Keep informed on the latest tax rules and deadlines. (Picture: Getty)The famous adage goes that the only things you can rely on in life are death and taxes – and tax was a topic of a conversation for many this month.Chancellor Rishi Sunak unveiled the Budget, and announced that income tax would be kept at the same rate for another year, but personal tax allowances would increase next year – meaning people will be able to earn a little more tax-free income.Besides the Budget, tax is o
- What has the past year been like for women in business?International Women’s Day, which falls on Monday March 8, will be a bittersweet occasion for many women in business.
The Covid-19 pandemic has hit women disproportionately hard, with studies showing that female-led businesses are more likely to have been adversely affected by restrictions, with women more likely to have had to give up career ambitions in order to home-school children or take on caring responsibilities.Leading academics
- Let’s get saving (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)We all know that we should be saving as much as we can, and as efficiently as possible, but it can be hard to know what type of savings to prioritise when funds are limited.April 5 is the end of the tax year, which means now is a good time to make the most of the allowances the government gives us to put money into tax-free savings every year, helping us to build up a substantial fund for the future.Most of us have a £40,000 a year
- A third teenager is allegedly another victim caught in the vicious attack involving her two friends and a group of three men at Pirrama Park in Pyrmont, in Sydney's inner suburbs on Saturday.
- The Duke of Sussex said he feels 'really let down' by the Prince of Wales and will always love him but 'there's a lot of hurt that's happened', and also said that 'my family cut me off financially'.
- Meghan told the talk show host she watched the Disney movie and saw parallels between the character Ariel and her own life since meeting her real-life prince.
- Celebrities have been left divided by Oprah'sinterview with Harry and Meghan, with some stars heaping praise on the Royal couple as others slam the Duchess as a 'liar' and a 'gross disaster'.
- West Coast Eagles premiership player Adam Hunter has been charged with breaking into his estranged girlfriend's home in Perth and attacking her.
- The Duke of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey in the couple's bombshell interview that he would 'still love for us to be able to continue to support those associations, albeit without the title or the role'.
- The richest suburbs of Sydney and Melbourne are really different to the rest of Australia. Those postcodes are also where more women than men own a property without help from anyone else.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey was filled with shocking claims about the royal family, and the Duchess of Sussex finally gave her side of the story on that infamous bridesmaid dress row with sister-in-law Kate Middleton
- Speaking to Oprah Winfrey during her and Harry's explosive CBS interview this evening, the Duchess, 39, claimed she wasn't aware of the royal custom during private meetings.
- Not long after she became engaged to Prince Harry, Meghan hosted a get-together at Sandringham for her fiance's friends. She told her PA to get blankets for each guest, a source claims.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made a string of serious allegations about the royal family, alleging that one unnamed member had voiced concern about son Archie's skin colour, and said they had no mental health support
- Will Sunrise's loss of Samantha Armytage be Channel Nine and the Today Show's gain?
- Oprah Winfrey grilled Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on their rift with the Royals in Sunday's bombshell interview - but made no mention of drama within the duchess's family.
- Over $84million in illegal tobacco has been seized along the NSW and Victorian border. The two-day blitz occurred across three different illicit tobacco growing operations.
- Alana Blanchard has announced she is pregnant with her second child on Instagram. It comes after she opened up about her ugly breakup following her first pregnancy
- Meghan Markle called the Queen to "check in" when she heard the news that the Duke of Edinburgh had been taken to hospital in mid-February.
- Oprah is receiving mixed reviews for her bombshell interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as some viewers praise her 'masterful' questions while others say she needs to stop interrupting.
- Schools are opening again, but it won’t be long before the Easter holidays. (Picture: Getty)After schools closed during the country’s third lockdown, parents have had to juggle home-schooling with work and their own busy lives.However, as the vaccine rollout saw hospital admissions drop and stay at home restrictions helped see coronavirus cases drop across the country, the Prime Minister announced a roadmap out of lockdown – with schools reopening one of the first priorities.Wi
- The wild video of the incident at the Fashion Square Mall went viral after it was posted online by Twitter user Genevieve and two of the women involved have reportedly since been charged.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!