- Lisa Wilkinson has labelled Immigration Minister Alex Hawke's decision to cancel Novak Djokovic's visa at 6pm on a Friday night as a 'classic political move'.
- The Duchess of Cambridge is taking over the role as patron of English rugby union from Prince Harry it is reported and she is the first royal to be given one of his patronages
- A cellphone camera captured the moment a pair of brazen thieves ambushed a Los Angeles driver (inset) and made off with his Rolex. The thieves remained on the loose Thursday
- The funny man was a stalwart on BBC Radio 4's popular panel game 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue', first featuring as a host in 1972 and then as a panelist for almost 50 years.
- Harry and Meghan are under under pressure to cut ties with streaming giant Spotify after it embroiled in a row about its partnership with Joe Rogan over anti-vax content on his podcast
- Each year, 39,000 tons of unwanted clothes are thought to be sent from rich countries, including the UK, to the Atacama Desert in Chile, such is our addiction to 'fast fashion'.
- Snapchat still has hundreds of millions of users (Picture: Getty Images)It might have more competition than ever before, but Snapchat remains as popular, with 293 million daily users in 2021, according to Statista.The app has been keeping us entertained since the early 2010s, with the novelty of sending funny or filtered photos to our pals – which disappear seconds after they’ve been viewed – yet to wear off.Of course, things don’t always go as they should on any soc
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus – how will you rate it? (pic: The Pokémon Company)The Friday Inbox celebrates the joys of a good video game magazine, as a reader resolves not to buy any of Atari’s NFTs.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
So I’ve had Pokémon Legends: Arceus since Wednesday now, since my pal works at a shop that had them in already and sold it to me early, which I think is how the other leaks happe
- Cocker spaniel Leo has learned how to perform life-saving CPR by jumping up and down on a resuscitation dummy's chest with his paws.
- Regina Kaye Arthurell, 75, was arrested on Friday by police in Campbelltown, Sydney after a man, 55, reported several incidents of sexual touching last week.
- Channel Seven reporter Denham Hitchcock has tested positive to Covid about five months after famously having a reaction to the Pfizer jab.
- A man was stopped by two NYPD officers as he tried to shoplift from a Marshall's store in Queens, New York. Officers struggled with Franklin Nunez, 45, who was later arrested.
- Biden spoke on the phone with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky about the possibility of an invasion by Russia as the US Department of Defense issued the chilling warning
- With almost six million people on its waiting list for routine treatments, the NHS is under pressure as never before.
- Carrie Bickmore has opened up on her fiery clash with Peter Van Onselen after he criticised Grace Tame and her icy reception of the prime minister on Tuesday.
- Powerful 2GB radio host Ray Hadley has attacked fallen star Andrew O'Keefe as a 'low-life grub', recalling when O'Keefe attacked him on social media after Hadley briefly faced an AVO in 2014.
- Jonathan Chew began singing a football song after he was jailed for attacking Sir Chris Whitty in a London park in June last year and recording the incident that was shared on social media
- Whitehall sources said ethics chief Sue Gray was facing major hurdles in publishing her full report into the controversy following the Metropolitan Police's decision to launch a criminal probe.
- Former GP Noemie Lopian is the daughter of two Holocaust survivors. Writer and teacher Derek Niemann is the grandson of a Nazi war criminal and SS officer. Yet the two have forged a friendship.
Dennis Bergkamp persuaded fellow Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira to sign Man Utd flop Donny van de Beek for Crystal PalacePatrick Vieira wants to bring Man Utd flop Donny van de Beek to Crystal Palace (Picture: Getty)Dennis Bergkamp contacted fellow Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira to persuade him to sign Manchester United flop Donny van de Beek for Crystal Palace, according to reports.The south London club are still working on a deal to bring Van de Beek, 24, to Selhurst Park for the rest of the 2021-22 season.Van de Beek has endured a miserable spell at Old Trafford, scoring just two goals in 50 appearances since hi
- Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has announced 18 Covid-related deaths in the state, including an unvaccinated person aged in their 30s.
- A study of more than 300,000 people found drinking wine appears to slightly reduce the risk of hospitalisation and death from a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack.
- Treasury staff believe Boris Johnson may be about to scrap - or delay - the national insurance rise as he fights for the support of wavering Conservative MPs.
- Are you ready for the weekend? (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)We made it – it’s Friday!Before you start celebrating the end of the week, however, a quick check of your daily horoscope is in order.
Gemini, it might seem tempting to gossip, but be careful you don’t spill anyone’s secrets.Having crazy dreams, Aquarius? Keeping a dream diary could help you decode something big…Read on for your full set of forecasts.
AriesMarch 21 to April 20Need to get ahead of the game?
- Consumer watchdog Citizens Advice warns the loss of Post Office branches in some areas of the country is leaving 'huge gaps', impacting the elderly, carers and those in rural areas hardest
- The RSPB said people should serve up a mix of foods to attract different species, clean their bird tables and feeders, and put out fresh water. The charity runs a garden wildlife survey
- A new estimate claims 390,000 families, containing 1.3million people between them, could be paid the benefit but are not currently claiming due to a range of reasons
- The government has thrown its weight behind a legal campaign led by the Labour MP Rosie Cooper, who said: "The deaf community have constantly had to fight to be heard"
- When the Omicron variant was first identified in Botswana and South Africa, its emergence was blamed on the ‘hoarding’ of Covid-19 vaccines by wealthy nations (Pictures: Getty, AP)Leading scientists have warned Boris Johnson that Britain could be facing ‘another year of uncertainty and tragedy’ if developing nations are left unvaccinated.
When the Omicron variant was first identified in Botswana and South Africa in November, its emergence was blamed on the ‘hoarding
Shirley Ballas dropped to a size 6 when she joined Strictly but it ‘wasn’t maintainable’ despite ‘restricted’ eatingShirley Ballas opened up about ‘restricting’ her diet as a dancer (Picture: woman&home/Dan Kennedy)Shirley Ballas has revealed she is used to ‘restricting’ her diet as a professional dancer, but it ‘wasn’t maintainable’ to remain a size six. The latin champion and Strictly Come Dancing’s head judge opened up about her weight in a new interview with Woman&Home magazine, revealing she counts calories and does intermittent fasting to main
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!