- The White House has acknowledged there was a 'more secure format' put in place for some G7 meetings, after reporters noticed Internet and cell service went out for periods of time.
- Anybody who visited the store in Punchbowl between Tuesday July 27 to Monday August 2 has been directed by NSW Health to get tested and isolate immediately.
- The defence minister, who married his second wife Kirilly in 2003, is in two weeks of home quarantine with his family after his sons' Brisbane school suffered a positive case.
- Joe Biden on Thursday hosted the 'Big Three' car manufacturers - Ford, GM and Stellantis - at the White House for an electric vehicle summit, but excluded Tesla, the biggest of them all.
- A driver on the Western Freeway in Rockbank has caused an accident after completely forgetting to check their blind spot, veering into the path of a Ford Falcon and spinning into the traffic barrier.
- New South Wales has recorded 291 new Covid-19 cases with 50 infectious in the community.
- A possum was recently shocked to discover an unwelcome visitor inside his man-made home in Brisbane's north. After spotting the carpet python, the marsupial wisely moved on.
- via metro.co.ukTaylor Swift has dropped a new teaser for Red which fans have linked to Phoebe Bridgers (Picture: FilmMagic)Taylor Swift certainly likes to make fans work for their album spoilers and lyrics as she appeared to reveal a team up with Phoebe Bridgers for the new version of her album Red via a cryptic word puzzle.Red (Taylor’s Version) is the next of her six albums to be re-recorded and released following a dispute with music manager Scooter Braun over the ownership of her masters.Following th
- A petition has been launched urging the RSPB and Nottingham County Council to clamp down on large groups of naked men who are often seen walking through the historic Sherwood Forest.
- Of the £4.3billion spent on IT across all government departments in the UK, the report revealed half of this goes on 'keeping the lights on' outdated legacy systems.
- The Barcelona Institute for Global Health found if the Spanish city of 1.62million only drank bottled, it would result in a 3,500-times higher cost of resource extraction - around £60million a year.
- 'It's your decision, dear - but Dobbin here only wants riders who've had a Covid jab'
- Dr Richard Totaro - an ICU director at Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital - said he has seen patients pass through his hospital who survive the virus but are then left with debilitating health issues.
- Queensland records 10 new cases of Covid-19 as end-of-lockdown deadline approaches. New cases linked to Brisbane schools continue to cause concern.
- The schedules are from gigs The Beatles played in the springs of 1960 and 1963. Each set list is predicted to fetch between £107,000 and £179,000 at Bonhams Auction House.
- The £2 million Marble Arch Mound promised 'an experience of the great outdoors' with sweeping views of central London, but failed to live up to expectations.
- Ms Berejiklian said by August half the state's eligible population would be vaccinated and she would consider easing Sydney's lockdown - which is in place until at least August 28.
FIFTY-FOUR Australians have died of Covid-19 overseas so far - including people wanting to come homeAt least 54 Aussies have died overseas from Covid-19 by mid-May government figures have revealed. Sadly some of those were begging for government help to return home.
Covid-19 Australia: Victoria investigates Maribyrnong man who visited family who left NSW quarantineContact tracers are probing the movements of a man aged in his 20s from Maribyrnong, in north-west Melbourne, after he tested positive to Covid-19.
- A 23-year-old Wollongong man has been charged with fraud after allegedly faking he had Covid-19 on Monday August 2 in order to get out of travelling to work in Newcastle.
- Social media channels will be used to plug the 'Don't Miss Out' and 'Get Your Shot' message, while Heaven nightclub in London will host a pop-up vaccine centre this Sunday.
- Coles shopper Lyn said she was amazed after watching the cashier's reaction when the elderly lady became confused when paying for her items at Coles in Medowie, Port Stephens.
- The BBC comedy, which ran from 1982 to 1992, coined a multitude of catchphrases that proved popular for decades.
- via metro.co.ukDestined to be the best-selling console of the last generation (pic: Nintendo)The Friday Inbox is convinced that Zelda: Skyward Sword is better on Switch than the Wii, as one reader looks forward to Psychonauts 2.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Tortoise and the hare
Reading about Nintendo’s latest sales figures is just unreal. By the end of the Wii U era that company was on the ropes. They’d completely squandered their success with the Wii and w
- Residents fear the timeless appeal of the Holy Island of Lindisfarne is under threat from a 'Disney-style' land train that has been approved to transport tourists.
- President Joe Biden praised officers who 'stood in the breach' to protect the Capitol as he praised officers who defended the building, lawmakers, and the peaceful transfer on Jan. 6th.
- The Charity Commission said it had 'serious governance concerns' with Care4Calais, which gives food, shelter, healthcare and legal support to migrants, particularly those sleeping rough.
- The Aussies put everything into their semi-final match against powerhouse team USA and were leading by three points at halftime before ultimately going down 97-78.
- The boy from Norton, County Durham, developed a lump on his arm and after a visit to the doctor and then specialists at Newcastle's RVI hospital, he was given a devastating diagnosis
- Modern combat jets landed on a US civilian road for the first time in history Thursday, when a group of four A-10 Thunderbolt and a pair of transport craft operated off of a highway in Michigan.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!