- Lawmakers put in earmark requests published by the House Appropriations committee for such activities as a $22 million water project in Modesto and expanding the Michelle Obama library.
- New South Wales has recorded two new coronavirus cases as Greater Sydney prepares for more restrictions to be announced in the wake of the growing cluster.
Prince William 'split his household from Harry's after the brothers had an angry row', author claimsA friend of the Sussexes said 'William threw Harry out', according to Robert Lacey's book Battle of the Brothers, after staff claimed Meghan 'played the victim, but was a bully'.
- The original diva has opened up (Photo: WWE)WWE legend Sunny has addressed her future plans after being released from prison last week.The Hall of Famer – whose real name is Tammy Lynn Sytch – was arrested last year on charges of eluding a police officer, violating a domestic violence restraining order and operating a vehicle during a second license suspension.She was released on June 9 after being jailed in July 2020, and now the 48-year-old star has weighed in on her sentence
Frank Lampard praises Chelsea midfielder Billy Gilmour for his display in Scotland’s draw with England at Euro 2020Billy Gilmour was named man of the match in Scotland’s draw with England at Euro 2020 (UEFA via Getty)Frank Lampard has praised Billy Gilmour for his performance in Scotland’s goalless draw with England at Euro 2020 on Friday evening.The Chelsea midfielder was handed his first senior start for Scotland and delivered a man-of-the-match display at Wembley to help earn his side a draw in Group D.Lampard handed Gilmour his first-team debut at Chelsea in 2019, while the 20-year-old also h
- Forza Horizon 5 was the star of Xbox’s show (pic: Microsoft)Readers discuss the most interesting revelations from this year’s E3, and the biggest disappointments.E3 is over for another year and while the pandemic had a huge effect on what was shown there were still a number of surprising announcements, so we wanted to know which were your favourites and what you were most upset wasn’t there.There was broad agreement that both Microsoft and Nintendo put on decent showcases, give
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – not a serious video game (pic: Sony)A reader praises the new Ratchet & Clank and argues it’s far more entertaining than more serious games like Days Gone and Ghost Of Tsushima.Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has brought Sony back from the dregs of trend-following and super serious first party games. I realise that Astro’s Playroom was a free love letter to ring in the genesis of the PlayStation 5, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales are exciting
- Metroid Dread – less boring than Forza Horizon 5? (pic: Nintendo)A reader compares the E3 line-up of Microsoft and Nintendo and explains why he thinks the Switch’s games were more exciting.So E3 2021 wasn’t very good, I think we can all agree on that. It wasn’t dreadful (okay, maybe the Capcom ‘showcase’ was) but there was very little of interest, thanks to a mixture of the pandemic and so many companies not being a part of it. Microsoft and Nintendo, and argu
- Tory backbenchers are demanding the Prime Minister speed up the lifting of restrictions after the Mail revealed the UK lockdown could end a fortnight early if Covid data continues to improve..
- While visiting a college in Dewsbury yesterday, Boris Johnson said he is 'very confident' the remaining Covid curbs will be lifted as planned next month - but Tory MPs urged him to go faster.
- Liberal soccer star Megan Rapinoe has come under fire after a tweet she made more than 10 years was revealed in which she mocked someone for looking 'Asian.'
- Lammermuir Hills - along with millions of other moors - are under threat. Parliament will debate a petition - signed by more than 100,000 people - calling for driven grouse-shooting to be banned.
- A 28-year-old woman has admitted to luring twoteenage boys into her house to play games such as spin the bottle before sexually assaulting them.
St Paul's Girls' School will no longer use the term 'head girl' because of its 'binary connotations'The £26,000-a-year school in Hammersmith, London, will instead refer to the position as 'head of school' from the next academic year.
- Dr Mark Freestone, an expert who has worked with some of the world's most dangerous minds, said he thought the series was going to be a 'really bad show' because the character was so unlikely.
- The fuchsia gall mite, which disfigures the distinctive blooms, is now widespread in the South of England and, amid climate change, is being blown around the country by winds as far north as York.
- Dr Rebecca Heaton sits on the Climate Change Committee (CCC) which this week published a bombshell report warning that the UK is unprepared for the effects of global warming.
- via mirror.co.ukPrincess Diana wrote a note where she alleged that Charles wanted to kill her in a car crash so that he could marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke - William and Harry's former nanny
- Achraf Hakimi is wanted by PSG and Chelsea (Getty)Chelsea are set to lose out in the race to sign Achraf Hakimi as the Inter defender is prioritising a move to Paris Saint-Germain, according to reports in France.Chelsea have already had a €60 million (£51.5m) offer for the Morocco international rejected by Inter, while PSG have also seen the same bid turned down.Inter are open to selling some of their key players in the current window in order to raise funds and value Hakimi, whose im
- Officers from the Westport Police Department responded to a call about an unresponsive female at a Lyndale Park home on Thursday afternoon and discovered the victim's bodies.
- The Harry Potter publisher informed UK employees vaccines will be compulsory when its offices reopen next month. The move has been compared to 1984.
- Private First Class Christian Alvarado, 21, was found guilty on Friday of sexually assaulting PFC Asia Graham, 19, in December 2019. She died of an accidental drug overdose a year later.
- Governor Gavin Newsom was in Oakland promoting small businesses when an 'aggressive' 54-year-old man approached him and allegedly threw a water bottle.
- Australia is to take action in the World Trade Organisation over China's imposition of anti-dumping duties on wine.
- Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak and Matt Hancock will meet on Tuesday for crunch talks to agree the shape of long-promised reforms in England. The proposals could be published this summer.
- Modelling by government scientists suggesting the UK faces tens of thousands more Covid-19 deaths in a brutal third wave is set to be drastically revised down.
- Victoria has recorded one new local case as the state enjoys its first weekend of travel freedom after25km movement limits were placed on Melbourne.
- The idyllic village church of St James the Less, in Dorney, Buckinghamshire, is under threat from council bureaucrats' plans for double yellow lines outside.
- GUY ADAMS: The advertising boycott ofGB News - when companies such as Ikea and Kopparberg dropped adverts as the channel is 'Right-wing' - created its own headlines this week.
- Andre Silva is on Arsenal’s summer shortlist (AFP via Getty)Arsenal have begun talks over the signing of Eintracht Frankfurt striker Andre Silva, according to reports.The Gunners are keen to bolster Mikel Arteta’s attacking options this summer and are looking to bring in a new forward.And according to The Transfer Window podcast, Arsenal have expressed their interest in securing a deal for Silva before the window shuts.The report claims that Arsenal have already begun work on the dea
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!