- Women have struggled to access contraception(Picture: Ella Byworth)There have been numerous repercussions of the coronavirus pandemic, from social restrictions and job losses to financial difficulties, but a huge one that is floating under the radar is the impact it has had on sexual health.And it’s women, in particular, who are suffering. In fact, medical journal The Lancet has said the pandemic is having a ‘devastating’ effect on the sexual and reproductive health of women an
- The NHS Covid-19 app will inform you if you need to self-isolate (Picture: Leon Neal/Getty Images)Anyone who experiences symptoms of Covid-19 is being urged to get a test and self-isolate for 14 days, but what should you do if you’ve been exposed to someone who has the virus?Government guidance says that if you’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive you’ll be informed by the NHS Test and Trace service either via a text, email or phone call.If that happens, what
- The migrants arrived by dinghy in the early hours of this morning after crossing the Channel in the dark last night and arriving in Dover.
- Rhea James said she was punched in the face by thugs who spotted the £20,000 vehicle and told her 'We're going to smash it up' outside a takeaway in Altrincham, Greater Manchester.
- Frank Lebouef was critical of Arsenal summer signing Willian’s performance against Liverpool (Picture: ESPN)Former Chelsea star Frank Lebouef believes Arsenal were architects of their own downfall against Liverpool on Monday as Mikel Arteta’s side surrendered their 100% start to the new season.The Gunners fortuitously took the lead at Anfield through Alexandre Lacazette, but the Premier League champions turned the match on its head before half-time courtesy of goals from Sadio Mane a
- According to Abigail Blake there are only two things that happen if you stay in an abusive relationship: ‘You end up in hospital or in the morgue.’Abigail should know. Three years ago her then-partner assaulted her so violently in an alcohol-fuelled rage that she was left with a damaged spinal cord, a punctured lung and five broken ribs.‘After he took away my phone so I couldn’t call for help,’ she recalls. ‘I only survived because I ended up running into the
- Ming Lockhart-Stephens, of Avonwick in Devon, is accused of indecently touching the underage schoolboy between February 2010 and February 2013 which the 56-year-old denies.
‘I’m screaming’ – Tony Adams slams Mikel Arteta for dropping Gabriel in Arsenal’s defeat to LiverpoolThe Gunners legend felt the Brazilian should have kept his place (Pictures: Astro SuperSport / Getty)Tony Adams has slammed Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta’s decision to drop Gabriel and replace him with David Luiz against Liverpool, while he has called for the back three to be scrapped.The Gunners were beaten 3-1 by the Premier League champions at Anfield on Monday night, with Arteta restoring both Luiz and Kieran Tierney to the back-line and relegating Gabriel to the bench.But the older Brazil
- This generation’s already off to a rough start (pic: Metro)Retailers have begun warning customers that they may not get their PS5 or Xbox Series X pre-orders on time – and some have to wait till 2021.Pre-orders for the next generation of consoles hasn’t exactly been a smooth process, with both the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 selling out almost immediately.And now some customers who were fortunate enough to land a pre-order are being informed that they might not even get the
- A McDonald's employee has been sharing a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the kitchen of one of the fast food chain's restaurants on TikTok
- Houssem Aouar prefers to join a Champions League club ahead of Arsenal (AFP via Getty Images)Houssem Aouar’s preference is to join Manchester City or Juventus ahead of Arsenal, according to reports in France.The Lyon midfielder has been one of Mikel Arteta’s top targets for the transfer window but the French club have already turned down multiple offers from the Gunners.Arsenal offered Matteo Guendouzi to Lyon in a swap deal involving Aouar earlier this summer but that approach was r
- A rotting Grade II-listed country home in the small hamlet of Blackborough, Devon, has gone on the market for £400,000 but the new owner will have to spend a lot more than that to restore it.
- James could leave United (Picture: AMA/Getty)Manchester United are reportedly willing to let Dan James leave on loan, if they secure the transfer of Jadon Sancho.
James is wanted by Leeds United, who have been in regular contact with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side about a potential loan deal.
The 22-year-old started United’s 3-1 Premier League defeat at the hands of Crystal Palace but was left out of the squad for the 3-2 win over Brighton and he would be expected to earn more first-tea
- The app sends warnings of new infections to local authorities, allowing them to rapidly spot outbreaks and move to curb the spread of the virus. It has been downloaded by 12.4million Britons.
- Peace lilies do well in light shade (Picture: Getty Images)It is decidedly autumn now. There’s no getting around. The days are getting colder and the nights are drawing in.And, with the waning amount of daylight, our houseplants are starting to suffer.As we head into the bleaker, darker seasons, it’s probably a good idea to invest in some houseplants that can survive without loads of daylight. Because we don’t want our homes to turn into leafy graveyards over winter.But with li
- Matthew Williams, a researcher stationed in Antarctica, chatted with Smudge the emperor penguin as the pair travelled across a large icy plateau.
- Malton Lodge sits on the edge of a cemetery (Picture: Rightmove)If getting a ‘characterful’ three-bedroom house for £250,000 isn’t enough, how about a free burial plot thrown in to sweeten the deal?A detached home next the New Malton Cemetery, in Malton, North Yorkshire, is being sold by the town’s council in the hopes of funding graveyard improvement work.
The property, called Malton Lodge, is, well, a tad unusual, given that it’s right next to a graveyard.
- Managers shared pictures of the mess left behind by tourists at the Queen's 55-acre Balmoral estate in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, saying they are clearing fires and leftover debris on a 'daily basis'.
Harry Potter star Jason Isaacs believes that the people refusing to wear a face mask in public should ‘be in prison’.The actor, famous for his role as Lucius Malfoy, spoke to Lorraine Kelly on Tuesday about how different things are after going to the Sex Education set.The star began by telling the host about what he had been doing in lockdown and what projects he is currently
- Gemma Gregory, 32, and Drew Pedley, 22, both died in the early hours of Sunday morning following a crash on the A34 in Marton, Cheshire, leaving their friends and family devastated
- Gemma Gregory, aged 32, and Drew Pedley, aged 22, both died in the early hours of Sunday 27 September following a crash on the A34 in Marton
- The veteran broadcaster sent the internet into a frenzy when he joined the social media site last week but the online retailer was criticised by users when it tried to join the love-in.
- Revellers partied outside the Tenn Street Apartments in Tallahassee, two miles from Florida State University campus, and police used a helicopter to disperse the crowd.
- Nicole Brown kept diaries of the abuse she experienced (Picture: Vinnie Zuffante/Archive Photos/Getty Images)Nicole Brown Simpson wrote about 60 occasions that her husband OJ Simpson allegedly physically abused and threatened her throughout their marriage in her diaries.The 35-year-old was murdered at her home along with her friend Ron Goldman on June 12, 1994, two years after her divorce from Simpson – who was acquitted of the murders in a criminal trial but was found responsible for both
- Kate Garraway had quite a chaotic journey to work (Picture: Backgrid)Kate Garraway was able to laugh at herself this morning while trying to tame her helmet hair following a whirlwind bike ride to work. The Good Morning Britain presenter was spotted arriving at the Global studios for her Smooth Radio show on Tuesday morning after whizzing through the capital on her motorbike taxi. Rather annoyingly, Kate’s hair did not want to play ball as she was seen struggling to keep it off h
- Pierre DaCosta Noble, 14, was found hanged on the grounds of the prestigious £30,000-a-year Windermere School in the Lake District in November last year
- Ian Driver, 63, was arrested for criminal damage after graffiti was plastered on the outside of The Charles Dickens House Museum in Broadstairs, Kent, on Saturday night.
- Video-calling made easierIf you say you haven’t tried out Zoom this year, we just don’t believe you.As coronavirus hit and the nation was forced to stay inside, webcams suddenly became a saving grace for catching up with friends, fulfilling all your quizzing needs, having ‘face-to-face’ work meetings and keeping fit with virtual gym classes.With a stream of second lockdowns coming in across the country, and more potentially impending, we’ve got you covered.
- Sylvia Werrett, 42, was left shocked after watching a spider rip the head off a live insect alongside her three sons in their home in Birmingham, gruesome video footage shows.
Holly Willoughby had a savage turn on today’s instalment of This Morning with the perfect put down for Donald Trump’s £55,000 haircut.Yes, the President of the United States reportedly handed over the whopping sum for his television appearances last year, according to his tax returns.
Despite allegedly paying no federal income taxes in 10 of the 15 years before he becam
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!