- Today we highlight our many important campaigns down the decades and our crusades for justice. Many of them have affected not just the way we live but also the way we treat others.
- Jose Mourinho will be in charge of Roma next season (Picture: Getty Images)Jose Mourinho has reportedly placed Manchester United flop Donny van de Beek on his transfer wish list as he takes over at Roma this summer.The Dutch midfielder arrived at Old Trafford from Ajax for £40m last summer but has failed to make much impact at all in the Premier League.The 24-year-old has been afforded just two Premier League starts under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and 14 appearances off the bench.He scored on h
- Schedules have changed for tonight (Picture: BBC)Schedules have changed for tonight’s instalment of Casualty as two episodes will be airing instead of one.The schedule has altered to make way for the Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on May 22 and will air for most of the evening meaning Casualty will not be broadcasted.When is Casualty on tonight and how many episodes will air?Episode 18 will air at 8:40-9:20pm tonight with episode 19 showing straight after at 9:20-10pm.What is h
- Do you know what different Covid tests are available? (Picture: Getty)As England’s travel traffic light system is set to come into play on May 17, many people across the country are eager to book themselves on the summer holiday they have been craving.If you have Covid-19 symptoms and want to get tested, the NHS’s free tests are the place to start.
However, if you’re hoping to travel to – or from – the UK, there are some vital details you’ll need to be able to
- Labour have gained the regional Metro mayor position for the West of England from the Conservatives, in a result that bucks the national trend.The winning candidate – former Government minister and local MP Dan Norris = secured victory in a second preference vote run-off against his Tory rival Samuel Williams.The Conservatives were forecast to win the West of England metro mayor election
Labour’s victory comes after the party’s candidates in Manchester and Liverpool also held o
- Lying in the gutter, his bonesin shards, Sam Newman's painful relationship with women would seem to have peaked.
- Millions of Australians intend spoiling mum on Sunday with everything from flowers to pyjamas, according to last-minute research.
- Sir David Attenborough has won a variety of awards for his work (Picture: Netflix)Sir David Attenborough is a British icon, and the fact that he’s the only person to win Bafta awards for programmes in black and white, colour, HD, 3D, 4K and VR, cements that fact even more.The documentarian, who turned 95 years old today, began his career as a television producer for the BBC in 1952.Since then, Sir David has produced a slew of hard-hitting documentaries and films. His earlier projects focus
- Mr Burnham won a decisive victory at the polls in a boost to Labour after a grim set of election results
- The pro-independence party, which launched in late March, had been fighting on the regional list section of the ballot, with the declared aim of winning an independence 'supermajority'.
- Reece Tansey is understood to have knocked on a front door for help after being stabbed in Bolton on Tuesday. Two teenagers, aged 14 and 15, have been charged with murder
- Grace Victory was told by doctors she may not survive coronavirus (Picture: Grace Victory/Instagram)Grave Victory has returned home from hospital after she fell seriously ill with coronavirus and was placed in a coma.The YouTuber, 30, told fans last month she was ‘fit for discharge’ following her ‘hellish journey’ after spending three months in intensive care and being put into an induced coma due to Covid.But she is now home safe and sound, updating her followers on Twit
- The controversy over the next king, a largely ceremonial role but one with great significance for South Africa, has arisen after the death in March of King Goodwill Zwelithini, who reigned since 1968.
- Steve Ley, from Devon was told to ‘be quiet’ in the pub as there were children around (Picture: BPM Media)A man with Tourette’s has spoken out after he was told to ‘control his behaviour’ or leave a pub where he was enjoying drinks with a friend.
Steve Ley, 35, from Devon, says the landlady told him to ‘try to be quiet’ as there were children around.
The musician, who has decided not to name the pub in question, choose to share his experience online to s
- The before and after is crazy (Picture: minke328/TikTok)As the old saying goes, look after your feet and they’ll look after you.For those that work long hours on their feet, though, that’s not always an option. Similarly, if you have severely dry skin or an infection, you might not feel up to the upkeep of your feet.Let this video be permission to take some time out and soak your feet, though, as you see how much dead skin might be stuck on your soles.Beautician @minke328 shared a vi
- Kendra Smith lost her unborn baby and father-to-be Corey Thompson lost his leg after their Harley Davidson toppled over on on a New Zealand road when it was clipped by a truck.
- Sen. Pat Toomey, left, has blasted the return of controversial earmarks, which he says will allow Nancy Pelosi, bottom right, to fund wasteful spending projects such to buy votes among Democrats.
- There were 2,047 positive tests across the country, the Department of Health announced, up 7.3 per cent on last Saturday's number (1,907). Officials also recorded just five lab-confirmed deaths.
- The latest figures for deaths and cases have been released by the Government (Picture: Getty)Another five people have died and more than 2,000 have caught Covid in the latest 24 hour period.
Today’s stats have been released by the Government and bring the toll for the past week to 14,560 case, down by 5.2% on the previous seven days. A total of 79 people have died this week, a 26.2% decrease.There were 101 people admitted to hospital on May 4, the latest date for which figures are availabl
- EXCLUSIVE: The Sunday People was instrumental in uncovering Met Police corruption in the 1970s as we uncovered Flying Squad officers were taking thousands of pounds in bribes from porn barons
- In an interview in which he speaks of his own mental health, ITV's Tom Bradby has said he thought Meghan Markle had an "untold story" and he decided to bring it out
- John Barnes would love to see Luis Suarez back at Anfield (Picture: Getty Images)John Barnes wants to see Luis Suarez return to Liverpool this summer if the Reds can snap him up on a free transfer and the veteran striker would be happy to play a bit-part role at Anfield.Suarez has had an impressive first season with Atletico Madrid, scoring 19 La Liga goals in 29 games and the team topping the table with just four games to play.The 34-year-old is under contract with Atletico until 2022, but Marc
- Fans predicted Seb’s death thanks to an Instagram post (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street viewers have spotted that a hint to Seb’s brutal death was accidentally leaked two weeks ago by another cast member. Seb Franklin’s (Harry Visinoni) death aired on Friday as he did not recover from his injuries following a violent attack on him and Nina by Corey (Maximus Evans) and his gang. While the tragic scenes left viewers devastated, some had suspected it may be comi
- TikTok user @Saltyroots207 shared a trick her mum had taught her to remove a ring if it becomes stuck on your finger using just a needle and thread
- Jersey fishermen have started giving away their lobster hauls for free after France issued a legal notice to British fishermen that they are no longer welcome into French ports.
- Timothy Price, 41, shot dead his wife Katherine Price, 36, on Tuesday morning. The Georgia couple who attended Baptist Church had three children.
- Tuchel has enjoyed success as Chelsea boss so far (Picture: Getty Images)Ben Chilwell has detailed what it’s like working under Chelsea’s ‘very, very demanding’ manager Thomas Tuchel.Since the German boss took over from Frank Lampard at the end of January, the Blues have managed to climb up into the top four and secure their place in both FA Cup and Champions League finals.Chelsea had to overcome Atletico Madrid, Porto and Real Madrid in the knockout stages of Europe&rsqu
- Amy says she saves £1,000 a month by living in a van rather than renting (Picture: MDW Features)When Covid-19 struck the world in 2020, our lives changed forever.
That was the case for freelance marketing consultant Amy Nicholson, 33, from Kent.
Living in rented accommodation at the time, Amy was saving up for a mortgage, but found her freelance work disappeared as the UK went into lockdown.
Suddenly, she was unable to afford her rent and bills.
But rather than letting this get her down, A
- EXCLUSIVE: Halil Karagozlu’s ultra-violent drill raps have 'embarrassed' his grandad who raised him - it’s a far cry from his appearance in Channel 4’s Educating the East End in 2014
- Investigators have interviewed at least three Democratic county executives in the expanded probe.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!