- The former mayor of Otley, in West Yorkshire, is being investigated over allegations that he faked being a decorated war hero who served in the Falklands and Northern Ireland.
- Any Apple worker who doesn’t feel comfortable coming back into the office can still work remotely (Picture: Getty)Apple is delaying its big ‘return to office’ plans and will let employees continue to work from home.The world’s second most valuable company told staff to come in for one day a week from April 11, then for two days, and then for three days after May 28.But following a reported U-turn, some workers will instead be asked to return twice a week as part of an upc
Ryan Duke trial: Up & Vanished host Payne Lindsey predicts ‘hard conviction’ in Tara Grinstead murder casePayne Lindsey introduced the heartbreaking case of Tara Grinstead to thousands around the world (Picture: Getty)Ryan Duke is on trial this week in a Georgia court charged with the murder of missing beauty queen Tara Grinstead.True crime fans outside of the small town of Ocilla are probably best familiar with the case through Up & Vanished, whether through listening to the hit podcast or watching the Oxygen documentary. Payne Lindsey hosted both and knows the case inside and out, likely
- Michael Vaughan has questioned England’s latest Test squad (Picture: Getty)Michael Vaughan says England’s latest Test squad is a ‘little bit disappointing’ and has called the omission of leg-spinner Matt Parkinson ‘baffling’.England named a 13-man squad for next month’s Test series against New Zealand on Wednesday morning, with James Anderson and Stuart Broad recalled.Anderson and Broad – England’s two leading wicket-takers – were both
- Pat McCarthy started the petition two weeks ago, after struggling with the self-checkouts herself (Pictures: Change.Org/BAV Media)A petition to ‘stop the replacement of people with machines’ at Tesco has been signed more than 100,000 times.
Pat McCarthy, from Brentford in West London, finds self-checkout machines difficult, slow and impersonal to use.
The 69-year-old claims three quarters of the tills at her local Tesco were self-checkouts, leavingvery few tills for those who wanted
- Kendrick Lamar has done it again (Picture: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)Rap’s outstanding voice and mind is plainly on one of those epic runs great artists can get locked into – think Stevie Wonder in the early Seventies, or Prince a decade later.True, while those titans were turning out an album a year, it’s been five since Lamar’s last. He’s never one to be rushed.After (by his standards) the concise and direct Damn, he’s back to the sprawling, at times jaw-droppi
Gangs of London season 2 trailer is packed with gore, wince-inducing deaths and first look at the capital’s petrifying new drug lordAlexander’s face pretty much sums up our reaction in one look (Picture: SKY)The Gangs of London season two trailer has come crashing in and already we are squirming as the deaths look bloodier, gorier and more gruesome than its predecessor.Gangs of London’s first season boasted one of the highest body counts in television history, seriously wince-inducing horror that made Game of Thrones looks like it belonged on CBeebies.Two years since shocking fans on Sky, the blockbuster created
- David Norris, 45, who was jailed for life in 2012 with a minimum term of 14 years for the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence in 1993, has failed in his application to transfer to an open prison.
- The systematic searchseeks to determine the American staffers' alleged misuse of non-approved messaging platformsto send work-related messages bearing sensitive information, often concerning deals and prospective trades.
- Ally McCoist has been with the Rangers camp in Seville (Picture: Getty Images)Rangers legend Ally McCoist has been with the club’s players and staff ahead of the Europa League final against Frankfurt on Wednesday night, offering them messages of support before the huge match.It has been an incredible run to the final for the Scottish team, having beaten Borussia Dortmund, Red Star Belgrade, Braga and RB Leipzig to make it to the showpiece.They will be underdgos once again in the final agai
- New details from the notorious Delphi Bridge murders of Abby Williams and Libby German reveal that the bodies were found to have lost a 'large amount of blood.'
- Interest in defense attorney Camille Vasquez soared after she cross-examined Heard on Monday and Tuesday. Johnny Depp's fan are now showering praise on the lawyer.
- BURBANK & SCHUMACHER: Our research found three possible victims who may be the body in the barrel and one killer all linked to the most powerful mob operation of that time.
- Crystal Foster, 26, from Doncaster, told MailOnline the brawl was started by the club's bouncers who she claims picked her up and threw her on the ground.
- Seminars on sex toys, home-brewing and instructions on how to jive are being offered to civil servants who are still working from home.
- Blood rain occurs when dust mixes with rain (Picture: I-Images / PA)A cloud of Saharan dust could hit the UK later this week, which together with thunderstorms could result in ‘blood rain’.
‘Blood rain’ occurs when relatively high concentrations of red coloured dust or particles get mixed with rain, giving it a red appearance as it falls, according to the Met Office.
Forecasters believe the UK could see the phenomenon this week, as downpours, lightning, strong winds
- Roland Griffiths, 38, spent two months under police guard while receiving hospital treatment for burns he gained in the Melbourne house fire that killed his wife Kylie Griffith, 36, on March 14.
- Dawn Pleckan, 49, said she was happy to see her daughter Brittanee Drexel's suspected killer behind bars after 'this monster took [her life' away from her.'
Dame Deborah James ‘blown away’ after book flies straight to top of Amazon bestseller list hours after announcing itDeborah has inspired millions of followers (Picture: Instagram/@bowelbabe)Cancer campaigner Dame Deborah James has admitted she’s been absolutely wowed by the response to her new book after it shot straight to the top of the Amazon bestsellers’ list.Dame Deborah, who’s known online as Bowelbabe, recently revealed she’s receiving end of life care following a battle with bowel cancer.It’s been a whirlwind couple of weeks ever since, after she launched a fundraiser whi
- The 'Payface' technology is set up through a mobile phone app with users putting in their details as well as taking a picture and scanning a fingerprint on the device
- Friends John Cloke and Indy Crimmins were spending time fishing off Norman's Bay, Western Australia, when they noticed some splashing - so they set up their drone to find out what was going on
- Chapeltown's Hayfield Hotel in Leeds was a pub with a fearsome reputation which "descended into a notorious drop-out centre for prostitutes and all sorts of villains"
- Die-hard footy fan Damon Mule has gone to another level to prove his utter devotion to his long time sporting hero - former AFL star turned Melbourne radio personality Brendan Fevola.
- Spanish police said they have arrested five Germans after Eintracht fans, many of whom were wearing balaclavas, began throwing flares at a large group of Rangers fans in Seville on Tuesday night.
Amanda Holden has taken part in the viral Sprite challenge – and it’s safe to say she failed it pretty spectacularly. The TikTok challenge which has been doing the rounds in recent weeks sees users attempt to drink a whole can or bottle of Sprite without burping – and it’s proving pretty impossible to do. Amanda, 51, uploaded the video of her first attem
- Daniel McLoughlin was working up a tree when he says the branch suddenly "kicked back" and he was struck in the sternum
- Donna Gallagher had worked for Marks and Spencer since 1997 (Picture: @foodhallqueensdrive)A woman has won £15,000 after she was sacked from her job at Marks and Spencer while off sick. Donna Gallagher, who had worked at the company for 23 years, was asked to change her hours and work weekends in 2019. She said she couldn’t change her hours because she was a carer for her disabled mother, and was in discussions about this. A hearing heard how she needed time off due to
- The vase, which was likely displayed in the halls of the Qing palace in the mid-18th century, was snapped up by a super-rich Chinese buyer for £1.2million - nearly ten times the expected price.
- Bobbi Brown’s Jones Road What The Foundation has been the subject of controversy in the makeup world (Picture: Bobbi Brown)Bobbi Brown is an icon of the beauty world, with her ‘your skin but better’ looks beloved by celebrities and gracing the covers of Vogue and Elle.But the makeup artist has been embroiled in an internet drama this week, after a popular creator negatively reviewed one of her newly-launched products.Bobbi’s brand Jones Road released their What The Founda
- Nancy Pelosi suggested Tuesday that there might be a need for criminal charges at Abbott Nutrition after the contamination that sparked the empty baby formula shelves across the U.S.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!