- This will be the fifth and final season of The Bold Type (Picture: Getty Images)Warning: Spoilers for The Bold Type ahead.The Bold Type’s final season is imminent (we’re holding back the tears) but there is hope at least one storyline will be wrapped up in a neat bow, as one fan favourite is returning.The comedy-drama series follows three millennial women working at Scarlet magazine in New York City while navigating their way through all the trials and tribulations one goes through i
- Jason’s battle became too much and he decided to withdraw treatment (Picture: SWNS)The UK’s longest Covid patient who has spent the past 14-and-a-half months in hospital has died after choosing to withdraw treatment.
Jason Kelk, 49, passed away peacefully yesterday surrounded by his family.
He was admitted to St James’ Hospital in Leeds on March 31 last year and remained there until Friday morning, when he was was transported to a nearby hospice.
His heartbroken wife Sue Kelk,
- Get squatting… carefully (Picture: Getty Images)The rubbish reality is that even doing things that are supposed to be good for us can cause issues.
Hitting the streets for a morning jog? Watch our for shin splints.
Downing a healthy juice? You might be missing out on important fibre.
There’s a lot of worried chat about one particular workout move, so we’re here to find out if these concerns are founded.
That move is squats, and the worry goes that doing this bum-building exerc
‘It’s difficult to find hope’ – why the LGBT community feel discriminated against in the face of CovidWhen Nix Campbell came out as gender fluid early last year to a friend, after living with social anxiety for over a decade, the relief was palpable.Even when the coronavirus crisis began to seep into every aspect of life, Nix chose to consider it a blessing rather than a curse.‘The pandemic actually aided my coming out,’ they remember. ‘Trying to fit in with certain norms was a massive source of anxiety for me, so when society essentially ground to a halt, that pressure to fit
Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) faces tormentor Harvey Gaskell (Will Mellor) in tense Coronation Street scenes next week.The stalwart of the ITV soap promised Harvey that she would back out of giving evidence, in the hopes that his case would fall through and he’d quit threatening her family.
However, with DS Glynn having popped by for a visit last week, Leanne has once again found
Chris and Rosie Ramsey reveal awkward downside to X-rated podcast name: ‘Our son can read now – he keeps asking what Sh**ged means’Chris and Rosie Ramsey’s top podcast Shagged Married Annoyed is becoming a bit of a problem… (Picture: Rosie Ramsey/Instagram)Chris and Rosie Ramsey’s comedy podcast Shagged Married Annoyed is one of the biggest in the UK, scoring millions of downloads and frequently topping the charts.It has become a fan favourite thanks to its grim/hilarious tales of the nation’s sexual exploits and toilet-based fiascos, as well as Chris and Rosie’s very relatable musings on rela
- Spain is set to follow France and remove a rule forcing people to wear face masks outdoors with their vaccine roll-out in full swing like many countries across Europe. But UK holidaymakers will still have to quarantine on their return
Sky News’s Kay Burley says she was an ‘idiot’ over Covid rule breach: ‘I thought I was Covid-compliant, I wasn’t’Kay is back on our screens (Picture: Sky News)Sky News presenter Kay Burley has said she was an ‘idiot’ over the Covid rules breach that landed her a six-month suspension.The broadcaster, 60, was taken off air for six months on full pay, after breaking restrictions for her birthday party in London in December, which was then in Tier 2.Burley dined with eight colleagues and friends at a London restaurant, sitting at two tables, before she ‘inadvertently’ broke the rules la
- Macy Gray, 53, wrote the op-ed for MarketWatch ahead of Juneteenth, which was declared a federal holiday this week and is set to be celebrated on Saturday.
- Dame Sharon White, the boss at the retail giant, said that less academically-inclined children were not reaching their full potential, meaning many new recruits do not have basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Tartan-clad supporters were pictured clearing up litter in central London ahead of the crunch Euro clash with England. Thirty fans were arrested as the carnival atmosphere got out of hand
- Nicholas Giordano, a professor at Suffolk Community College on Long Island, raised his concerns about the new National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism on Friday.
- Real Time host Bill Maher on Friday night said Lin-Manuel Miranda should have 'stood up to the bullies' on social media rather than issuing an apology for the lack of diversity in his new film.
- Australia's property market continues to bounce back after 2020 with a number of new suburbs reaching a median price for apartments of more than $1million.
- Heavy rain and tropic storm-force winds could be felt from the Florida Panhandle to Morgan City, Louisiana, with 7 million under rain and wind warnings.
- An award-winning designer has shared her tips on how to reinvent unwanted household items as stats show almost half of Brits are tipped to carry on working from home after lockdown
- The brothers are no longer as close as they were after the Duke of Sussex stepped back from royal duties last year
- Wimbledon last took place back in 2019 (Picture: Getty)Tennis fans are eager to get back to the courts this year, as major tournaments return following last year’s cancellations.The French Open and the Queen’s Championship have whet fans appetites as they anticipate the biggest date in the tennis calendar – the Wimbledon Championship.
This year’s competition will be taking place from June 28 – July 11, and many fans are wondering when they can purchase tickets.Here
- The storyline still stands the test of time (Picture: ITV)It was a love story that touched millions – cult prison drama Bad Girls explored many important storylines but the one which stands the test of time is the relationship between Helen Stewart and Nikki Wade.
The pair overcame many obstacles and, unlike the representation of lesbian relationships on TV, there was no cheating and it didn’t end in death – we have all heard of the depressing ‘Kill Your Gays’ trope
- There are many revered people in the LGBT+ community who have been recognised as trailblazers: Sylvia Rivera, Marsha P. Johnson, Harvey Milk, Stormé DeLarverie, and many more.However, as well as these well-known examples, there are everyday heroes throughout the queer community who fought – and still fight – for the right to live and love openly.Perhaps you’ve heard tropes about LGBT+ issues being ‘modern’ problems, but our elders have been on the front line
- Prepare your cards now (Picture: Getty)Father’s Day is an annual celebration that takes a day to praise and be thankful for the important father figures in our lives.You might feel like you need to spend a lot of money on the father-figure in your life – but it’s possible to celebrate on a budget.
Whether you’re looking for gadget gifts or something for a health conscious dad, just remember to buy (or make) a card.
Why not beat them at their own game, and include one
- Barnaby Joyce is set to return as Nationals leader three years after his affair with a staffer became public.
- Tucker Carlson clapped back at CNN slamming the network an 'arm of the woke national security state' after the liberal network called him a 'BS ringmaster.'
- A devastated mum has shared memories of her son, Ante Šutalo, 13, who ended his life in their home in Western Australia after allegedly being bullied this week.
- Hip hop’s attitude towards sexuality has often been divisive (Picture: Getty)There’s a lot to be said about the language in hip hop when it comes to homophobia. It’s no surprise that, to some, it may feel like an unwelcoming genre where the LGBT+ community is concerned. Words have power – rappers know that perhaps more than anyone – but for all their lyrical genius on the mic, many of the culture’s most celebrated rappers have fallen short on this. E
- Californians were asked on Friday to limit their power usage to protect the grid amid a record-breaking heatwave, as Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Colorado sweltered under intense heat.
- Jason Kelk spent 14-and-half months in a Leeds hospital before his wife Sue said that it had become too much for him and he decided to have his treatment withdrawn
- Dane Kallungi, 38, was arrested on Wednesday in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for murder two years after the disappearance of his wife Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, in Colorado Springs.
- Callie Aust, 28, fell to her death on Tuesday during an early-morning hike to see the sunrise from Steamboat Point in the Bighorn Mountains, the Sheridan County Sheriff's office said.
- House Republicans have demanded that President Joe Biden removeKamala Harris from her role as immigration crisis czar as she still hasn't visited the border.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!