- EXCLUSIVE: The study by the Chartered College of Teaching reveals the wedge that has appeared between the Government and the profession
- The cancellation of music festivals this summer due to the coronavirus pandemic has led to a huge surplus of cider which is devastating apple growers including producer Julian Temperley.
- Jacqueline Jossa hilariously called herself out for being a catfish (Picture: Instagram)Jacqueline Jossa is out here bringing home the realness and we’re here for it.
The former I’m A Celebrity winner has been busy launching her very own brand of fake tan and with that she’s been posing up a storm while modelling her new product to promote its release.
There’s no denying that Jac looks sensational – that golden glow, the flawless make-up, the perfectly tousled locks
- Brad Parscale was involuntarily committed to a hospital by Fort Lauderdale police on Sunday afternoon following a concerning episode at his $2.4M Florida home.
- Alex Chisholm, the Cabinet Office permanent secretary, told MPs that a 'positive' impact of the crisis had been introducing more 'hybrid' working between staff in the office and those based at home.
- Donald Trump and Joe Biden will meet for the first time during the presidential campaign during Tuesday night’s presidential debate (Pictures: AP/AFP)Donald Trump and his election rival Joe Biden will go head-to-head for the first time on Tuesday night in a hotly-anticipated presidential debate.
The 90 minute face-off will be screened across multiple US TV networks at 9pm EST (2am BST), and will be held at the Samson Pavilion convention center in Cleveland, Ohio. Viewers in the UK can watc
- He’s got a big heart… and not just on his nose (Picture: @rorschachthedalmatian/Mercury Press)Rorschach the dalmatian is a very special dog.
Not only because he has a heart-shaped marking on his nose, which makes him extra cute, but also because he’s one of the first of his breed to be trained by as an assistance dog for a boy with autism.
Two-year-old Rorschach works as a service dog for Ethan, ten.
His owners, Rick and Joanne Dower, fell in love with the pup when they first
- As MPs prepare to vote on the future of the legislation tomorrow, we must reflect on what we have learned since March and whether the crisis that’s still unfolding is best served by renewing those powers (Picture: Getty Images)At the start of the coronavirus pandemic, in the midst of a very real sense of fear, I saw people come together to support and care for each other.
Their readiness to make enormous sacrifices in order to protect others was inspiring then, and it still is today.
- Residents have rallied round with fishing nets, treats, cherry pickers and even scaffolding to try and get the cat down from the 40ft tree (Pictures: Leanne Skinner / SWNS)An epic rescue mission has been ongoing in a small town in Wales for the past four days to get a cat down from a 40ft tree.Residents in Tredegar, in the south east of the country, have rallied round with fishing nets, treats, cherry pickers and even a four-storey scaffold platform to try and get the animal down.
Ruth Langsford has shared her fears for her son after she took him to university during lockdown.Thousands of students are current self-isolating in their rooms following a spike in coronavirus cases at universities including Glasgow and Manchester.The current situation has sparked concerns that they might not be able to return home to their families over Christmas.It was a worry that Ru
- Following the tragic death of Ella Henderson her family set up a fundraising page for the Great North Air Ambulance Service which has already raised over £30,000 in her name
- 7News accidentally aired the word ‘b****’ while live on air (Picture: 7news/METROGRAB)Australian news channel 7News accidentally aired the word ‘b****’ while live on air.The TV network was doing a piece about Woolies’ produce prices, when the blunder occurred.And one eagle-eyed viewer couldn’t help but share the hilarious moment on Reddit.‘Best planned camera angle from 7News,’ they commented.In the screenshot of the news segment, you can see the r
- The woman lost contact with her family two years ago and they had no idea where she was until now when she was found floating around a mile off a Colombian beach.
- Chloe Morris and Kelsey Darby, both 24, were in a pub together when they spotted the victims who were in new relationships with their ex-boyfriends.
- The 25-year-old woman, who had eaten a rodent 'delicacy', has been put into isolation along with 19 people she is known to have come into contact with
- Aouar could leave Lyon for Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Lyon are closing in on signing a replacement for Arsenal transfer target Houssem Aouar after agreeing an £18million deal with AC Milan for Lucas Paqueta.Paqueta has reportedly said goodbye to his team-mates and staff in Milan and has agreed personal terms with Lyon.
The 23-year-old Brazilian is set to sign a five-year deal with the Ligue 1 side.
And according to Di Marzio, he has already left Milan and will be announced as a Lyon player sh
- Anastasia Yeschenko was shot dead and her corpse was cut to pieces by renowned Napoleon expert Oleg Sokolov in St Petersburg, prosecutors say.
- A disappointed holidaymaker from Essex described 'rotten' conditions on her £9.50 holiday at Pontins Camber Sands where her 25-year-old daughter was injured stepping on glass
- Middle-aged customers are being 'humiliated' by 'app disciples' at pubs and restaurants banning them from going in without the NHS Covid-19 app - despite government rules saying it is not compulsory
- Xbox One and PC players finally get to enjoy the Survival mode (Pic: Activision)The once PlayStation 4 exclusive mode for Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare will become available on other platforms after nearly a year.Call Of Duty’s sixth season went live earlier today and is bringing a bunch of new content down the line, with the biggest addition so far being the new subway system in Call Of Duty: Warzone’s map.However, one detail that may excite Xbox One and PC players has been somewhat
- Prison guard Lauren McIntyre is alleged to have been involved in a sexual relationship with inmate Andrew Roberts over a four-month period at HMP Isle of Wight, in Newport, back in 2018.
A man has been fired after his Tinder match shared the ‘vile’ messages he allegedly bombarded her with after she spurned his advances.Ebonie Sanderson, 26, from Sydney, Australia says she was called an ‘ugly, fat, time-wasting wh*re’ who ‘would have been one f**k’ by Tom McGuirk, 28, after she ‘politely’ declined to meet him for sex.His bos
- Meg Matthews has opened up about her menopause symptoms (Picture: Getty)Meg Matthews has opened up about her menopause journey, revealing she was going through ‘dementia’ at the time.The 54-year-old – who was previously married to Oasis’ Noel Gallagher – opened up about her health, confessing she wasn’t aware there were so many symptoms.She went through menopause ‘about six years ago’ and had ‘no idea’ what was happening to her body.Ref
- A pedestrian chased a suspected fly-tipper down a remote pathway in Long Sandall, Doncaster. Video footage shows the track strewn with rubbish and building rubble.
- Just hours before the first debate, a new poll shows a vast majority of voters say respective candidates' debate performances won't change their minds about who they're voting for.
- Will Young’s drink-driving arrest did him a favour, he claims (Picture: Getty/Rex )Will Young has admitted he saw his drink-driving arrest at the age of 18 as a ‘relief’ because it got him out of having to have sex with his then-girlfriend.The Pop Idol winner, 41, revealed the story – which happened before he came out – in his autobiography To Be A Gay Man.Will explained that he had rekindled his relationship with a former girlfriend that he had ghosted while he was
- Gary Neville has changed his Premier League title prediction (Picture: Sky Sports)Former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville has changed his Premier League title prediction – just three games into the new season.Defending champions Liverpool, Everton and Leicester City have all taken maximum points from their first three fixtures, while Aston Villa also remain unbeaten, although from two games.Last season’s runners-up, Manchester City, started their campaign with a wi
- The shocking clip was captured in Birmingham city centre, with the fight reportedly starting after a row about a customer entering the store with rollerblades
- The 59-year-old had been crossing the road in Lower Manhattan at 10.15am on Monday when he was struck on the arm by a man on a scooter. De Blasio escaped unharmed during the collision.
- Mayor of Manchester Andy Burnham says he believes the pub curfew should be cancelled (Picture: PA/AP/Getty)Alcohol shouldn’t be sold in shops after 9pm to prevent huge crowds packing streets and houses after pubs close, the mayor of Manchester has suggested.Andy Burnham has called for the Government to lift the 10pm pub curfew, saying his ‘gut feeling’ is that it is ‘doing more harm than good’.However, if the new crackdown does remain in place, new measures should b
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!