- Bethany Meyer, special education teacher at Oakland Unified School District and secretary of the Oakland Education Association, hit out at parents in a social media post last week.
- The woman who accused Attorney-General Christian Porter of sexual assaulttold NSW Police investigators that she had health problems including a mental health condition where she 'disassociates'.
- The 2016 Masterchef runner-up Matt Sinclair says he feels no need to defend the name of his Asian-influenced eatery at Sunshine Beach, Queensland.
- The courier was filmed in hi-vis leaving the HelloFresh meal kit outside a home in Wavell Heights in Brisbane's northern suburbs in the early hours of Monday morning.
- CBS on Wednesday night released a second preview of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey.
- Stepan Vikeev, 32, vanished after Yulia Skripal and her spy father Sergei Skripal were poisoned with a Russian nerve agent in 2018 and hasn't been seen since, a friend claims.
- Australia will be almost completely cashless within three years, with the COVID-19 pandemic speeding up the decline of coins and notes, new research says.
- A shattered Mr Porter said he can't remember when asked by a journalist if he had: 'been out to dinner, went dancing at the Hard Rock Café, and then walked the alleged victim back to her room'.
- BBC Radio 3, which focuses on classical music and opera, will highlight the work of seven BAME composers, who bosses say have been 'unfairly forgotten'.
- Heavily armoured police and military have gunned down protesters and fired tear gas at crowds in Myanmar, leaving at least 38 dead in the 'bloodiest' day since the military coup last month.
- via metro.co.ukPlayStation 5 – do Sony know what they’re doing? (pic: Sony)The Thursday Inbox is surprised but pleased at Sony’s continued support of VR, as a reader celebrates Breath Of The Wild’s 4th anniversary.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Now that the PlayStation 5 is becoming a bit easier to get hold of I’ve begun to question whether I actually still want it. At first I wasn’t sure, maybe it was just being worried
- 'The hangover cure'
- Alison Calder, 32, and partner Craig Baillie, 30, from Buckie, Moray, have invested £3,000 over the past year on two giant inflatables in the garden of their home in Buckie.
- The Chancellor used the Budget to confirm that furloughed workers will continue to receive 80 per cent of their wages for the next seven months.
- Darryle Tailford, 28, has pleaded not guilty to murder and guilty to manslaughter, but the Crown has not accepted the latter plea.
- Scott Morrison has criticised Defence Minister Linda Reynolds for calling alleged rape victim Brittany Higgins a 'lying cow' - but refused to sack her.
- Prices of vegetables that flourish in summer, stone fruit such as mangoes and peaches, grapes and pome fruit such as pears and apples, are all expected to rise by between 7- 29 per cent.
- David Greene's resignation follows a long-running dispute between his City law firm and a client who alleges he misled a court during a hearing nearly five years ago.
- After about nine hours of talks on Wednesday, Chancellor Angela Merkel and the governors of the country's 16 states agreed to the measures amid a growing clamor for a return to normal life.
- Harrison, host of The Bachelor since it began in 2002, stepped down temporarily on February 13 after defending Rachael Kirkonnell (right) for attending an Old South party.
- Ghislaine Maxwell, 59, faces child sex trafficking charges over allegedly recruiting three teenage girls for paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse. She is in a New York City detention centre.
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has come under increased pressure following her dramatic eight-hour session in front of an inquiry into the Alex Salmond affair.
- The shop, Amazon's first foray on to the high street, is in Ealing, west London, and is expected to be the first of several in the capital (pictured: an Amazon Go store in New York City).
- Peter Bonham Christie, 39, made a 'beeline' for a young woman and left her in tears after sexually assaulting her at the Royal Thames Yacht Club in Knightsbridge, London, a court heard.
- via mirror.co.ukNatalie Wilson, 17, was hospitalized and has been left party paralysed after she crashed. Just one day earlier 14-year-old Eirelyn Zuercher also had an accident and suffered a brain injury
Myer enjoys MASSIVE rise in profits after receiving $51million in jobkeeper payments from governmentMyer has enjoyed a massive boost in profit thanks to online sales during the COVID-19 pandemic despite limited walk in sales.
- Benton House started the program in January with nonprofit Canine Assistants after CEO Mike Allard read a news story about the service dogs being used at airports.
- A colony of the rodents that were found living next to the M1, near Little Linford Wood, Buckinghamshire, around five years ago have been growing in number ever since.
- via metro.co.ukAC Milan have the option to sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea (Getty)AC Milan have been pleased with Fikayo Tomori’s impact but admit their option to purchase the centre-back from Chelsea is ‘very high’.The 23-year-old struggled to secure a regular role under Frank Lampard this season and was allowed to leave the club in the January transfer window.AC Milan signed Tomori on loan for the remainder of the season and have the option to buy him this summer for €30 million (&poun
- China Bloom snapped up a portion of Keswick Island in Queensland 's Whitsundays region for $20million on a 99-year lease almost two years ago.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!