- Sydney's Town Hall train station has been evacuated and all trains have been stopped from travelling through the station after reports of a 'verbal threat'.
- Matt Hancock has announced that 37-year-olds are to be offered the coronavirus vaccine from Tuesday.This is a developing news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.Got a story? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] Or you can submit your videos and pictures here.For more stories like this, check our news page.Follow Metro.co.uk on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news updates. You can now also get Metro.co.uk articles s
- The number of cases of the variant has doubled in the last week - across all age groups - and scientists have confirmed it is more transmissible than previous variants
- DWP minister Will Quince said 'I certainly don't recognise' that four million children in poverty are 'going to bed at night with no food in their tummy'
- A man takes a swab sample for coronavirus at a surge testing site in London on May 14 (Picture: Reuters)There have now been 2,323 confirmed UK cases of the coronavirus variant first identified in India, Matt Hancock has said.More follows.
- Members of the public queue to receive a Covid-19 vaccine at a temporary vaccination centre at the Essa academy in Bolton today (Picture: AFP)There have now been 2,323 confirmed UK cases of the coronavirus variant first identified in India, Matt Hancock has said.The Health Secretary said that 483 cases had been identified in Bolton and Blackburn and in Darwen.
In Bolton 19 people are in hospital with it, with the majority eligible for the vaccine but had not taken it, he said.He stressed that th
- India is currently being ravaged by a second wave of Covid, with doctors in Bengaluru, in Karnataka state, believing they may have found several new signs of infection, possibly brought about due to mutated strains
- We almost expect Mario to jump out of one (Picture: SWNS)Newly installed plant pots in Walsall look suspiciously like the pipes from Super Mario and locals are not happy with them.One look at these giant plant pots and you would think Walsall Council was taking part in the Super Mario 35th anniversary celebrations a couple of months too late.While this is no doubt just some bizarre coincidence, there is no denying that the newly installed pots look practically identical to the warp pipes from th
- The daily death toll sank to just five people as the UK’s vaccine rollout continued successfullyAnother five people have died with Covid as the UK entered a new phase of lighter restrictions, with indoor mixing allowed for the first time in months.New data revealed the number of new daily cases sank to a two-week low of 1,979 as pubs and restaurants began welcoming guests inside again.It marks nearly two months that the UK’s daily death toll has stayed in the double-digit range, and
- The discover of new sharks species durnonovvariaodus maiseri reveals the prehistoric predator was covered in extra strong scales which would have given the beast a deadly advantage against its prey
- Friends still haven’t got any Black friends it seems (Picture: NBC)Out of 18 names on the list of celebrity guests appearing in the Friends reunion special, not a single one is Black. BTS, Malala Yousafzai and Mindy Kaling are the only people of colour to make the cut but, still, not one Black person has been announced to take part in the anticipated episode, which will see Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry, Matt Le Blanc and Lisa Kudrow reunite on-screen
Domhnall Gleeson on picking the right – and wrong – acting roles: ‘I’ve done some stuff that I shouldn’t have done’Domhnall Gleeson got frank about his acting career (Picture: Wireimage)The Irish actor, 38, on what he shares with Mariah Carey, not letting the well run dry and how he decides what role to take.You’re back as Thomas McGregor in Peter Rabbit 2. Is he now relaxed after marrying in the first film?Your nature doesn’t change just because you fall in love. You can become a better person but who you are is kind of the same. So he’s still pernickety. But he’s in love. And someon
- When Tye Green's husband went to collect her belongings after she died at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, Essex he discovered that her engagement and wedding rings were missing
Bernd Leno reveals that Arsenal squad feel Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is ‘difficult to play against’Rudiger has been on top form for Chelsea of late (Picture: Getty Images)Bernd Leno says the Arsenal squad are in agreement that it is ‘difficult to play against’ Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger.Rudiger looked set to leave Stamford Bridge last summer after being pushed down the pecking order of centre-backs at the club under Frank Lampard.But the 28-year-old has established himself as a key component of the Chelsea team since Thomas Tuchel took over at the end of January.Leno says Ru
- Heathrow travelers have told MailOnline how they were 'terrified of catching Covid' while being crammed into the airport's border hall this morning.
- Indian MP Pragya Thakur has caused outrage after she claimed that she is protected from coronavirus because she drinks cow urine every day.
- Dmitry Bachinsky, 32, who works at the Primorsky Oceanarium in Vladivostok, was caught on CCTV hitting a 12-year-old beluga whale called Nil and kicking a 13-year-old whale called Lear.
- Why Simon Cowell isn’t on the BGT Whatsapp Group
Provider: (Picture:ITV/REX/Whatsapp)David Williams has explained why Simon Cowell isn’t in the Britain’s Got Talent WhatsApp group, despite fellow judges Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and the Little Britain star chatting on there all the time.Britain’s Got Talent is taking a year out due to the coronavirus pandemic, with the early auditions featuring performers hoping to win over a crowded room proving almost impossible under
- Simon Case played down the backlash after the PM refused to give his new ministerial standards adviser Lord Geidt the final say on the code.
- Mirza Shahzad Akbar, a top ranking Pakistani politician who also meets with UK ministers, hasapologised for backing a sacked CNN reporter who tweeted that the world 'need a new Hitler'.
- Helen Bannister, 48, died from her injuries in hospital, six days after being attacked by her boyfriend, Jonathan Campbell in their home in Swansea.
- Jaimee-Lee bought an Over The Door Basket Organiser from the retail giant to store kitchen supplies, before converting it into a loo roll holder for the bathroom.
- 43% feeling pressured to live up to their own high expectations. (Picture: Getty)We are often our own harshest critics.43% feel pressure to live up to their own high expectations of themselves.According to a study by Microsoft Surface, people under 30 are more likely to have this mental attitude then older people.This might explain why in a separate study by FutureYou Cambridge, 90% of people aged 18-34 feel stressed – again, the emotion was felt on a much bigger scale than in older people
- Terrilee Yates was also accused of taking advantage of her friend Jane Godfrey, pictured with her daughter Sadie Bird (left) while she was alive (Pictures: Cavendish/MEN)A grieving daughter has called a woman ‘inhuman’ after she stole her mum’s bank cards after finding her dead and bought McDonald’s and scratch cards.Terrilee Yates, 32, found her friend Jane Godfrey dead at her home in Swinton in March last year.
Yates called paramedics but it was later revealed she had t
- Muhammad, 20, and Hashim Hussain, 24, were convicted of a string of 'despicable and sickening' sex offences against young girls in Bury, Greater Manchester.
- A study of 2,000 adults was commissioned by Brightpearl.com, a retail operations platform for brands and retailers, and found the 10 most hated work admin tasks and 10 most hated personal admin tasks
Stacey Solomon and Loose Women stars strip off in stunning unedited photos for body positivity campaignThe Loose Women panel have shared an unedited photo of themselves (Picture: Loose Women)The Loose Women ladies are taking a stand against body image issues in their latest campaign – and they’re showing unedited photos of themselves to do so.Previously in 2017 the cast and crew launched its award-winning body confidence campaign Body Stories, with the tagline: ‘You can look but you can’t retouch’.In as little as four years, however, the world has dramatically change
- Chris Rock steps out of his comfort zone in Spiral: From The Book of Saw (Picture: Lionsgate)If you’re of the belief that the Saw franchise was well past its sell-by date, then Spiral: From The Book of Saw will probably do little to convince you that there’s still steam in this train. This latest reboot helmed by comedian Chris Rock, with support from Samuel L Jackson, is absolutely flawed but it’s not a complete write-off. Spiral puts an end to Jigsaw’s sick ga
- Peter Simmons pretended to be a personal advisor at Barclays Bank to dupe his dad into making fake investments he then blew on online gambling and expensive watches
- The hue is having a serious moment in the fashion spotlight (Picture: Asos/Peachy Den)Brown clothing is having a moment.
From the minute a picture of Kendall Jenner wearing a brown North Face puffer jacket in 2019 reemerged on Instagram and TikTok, brown soon became the only colour in fashion.
However, it is tricky to wear.
Not quite as versatile as other neutrals, brown takes some forethought before the execution of an outfit.
Nevertheless, it looks good no matter the occasion. On dresses it lo
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!