Swimmer Ryan Lochte, 36, FAILS to qualify for Tokyo bringing an emotional end to his Olympics careerLochte finished in seventh place in the 200-meter individual medley at US Olympic trials Friday night at CHI Health Center Arena in Omaha, Nebraska.
- You just need a few items easily found around the home (Picture: TikTok)Although you can put trainers in the washing machine, it’s not always easy to get rid of staining and discolouration.One mum’s technique might just change all that, though, using household products to clean your trainers and make them look as good as new.Interiors TikToker Dee, who posts under the name The Mode Pursuit, shared her hack for bright white sneakers to the platform.Starting off with some past-their-be
- Michael shared an update on Gianluca (Picture: Instagram/thegrecs/Rex)Michael Greco is hopeful that his newborn son Gianluca is ‘over the worst’ of his troubles.
The EastEnders star, 51, became a father last month month after girlfriend Helen Harris gave birth six weeks early.He shared at the time that Gianluca had been born with gastroschisis, a rare genetic disorder when the baby’s abdomen does not develop fully while in the womb.The soap star has now given fans an
- The latest changes will come into effect from 4am on Sunday, August 8 (Picture: Getty Images)Hopes for summer holidays abroad were given a huge boost last night as changes to England’s ‘traffic light’ system for international travel were announced.
A number of countries were added to the lowest risk green list while Spain avoided moving onto the red list as some had feared.
The so-called ‘amber plus’ list has been scrapped after France was taken off it, giving confi
Ben Whittaker might be an Olympic silver medallist when it comes to boxing, but he’s revealed insects are his weakness. The British light-heavyweight boxer, 24, who won a silver medal at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics this week, would rather take punches from world-class boxers than face off against a spider or a moth. Ben appeared on Good Morning Britain on Thursday where he t
- Parents took to social media last night under the 'LeaveOurKidsAlone' hashtag to slam the Government's decision to extend the rollout to teenagers. But some teens hijacked the debate.
- BREAKING NEWS: Fetty Wap's daughter Lauren Maxwell died aged four on June 24 from 'cardiac arrhythmia' after suffering with problems since birth. Her parents have paid tribute on Instagram.
- A fifth of people admitted to hospitals in England with Covid are aged between 18 and 34, NHS boss Amanda Pritchard has warned as she urged young people to get vaccinated.
- Yes, Lawrie does use his fire engine for the big food shop (Picture: Dilantha Dissanayake / Caters News)Lawrie Rose wanted a little more space than his Peugeot 106 could offer.
So he did the obvious thing: traded in the car for a full-on fire engine.
Lawrie, 31, from Ipswich, spent £2,000 on the 1981 fire engine ‘for a laugh’.
It still has its water pumps and looks, well, very much like an active fire engine used by firefighters.
This now his primary mode of transportation &nda
- The bumper list of sites comes as New South Wales recorded 262 new cases of the virus on Thursday, with a new lockdown brought in for the Hunter region.
- Nick and Hayley Elliot from Crawley, West Sussex brought home their baby daughter Macie and introduced her to their two-year-old Doberman, Tommy, who is now the infant's best friend.
The first look teaser for American Crime Story: Impeachment has been revealed, showing President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky coming face to face.The trailer opens in Washington, D.C. in 1995, focusing on the scandal that rocked the Clinton administration.The series is set recount the story of the relationship between the President and Monica, who was an 22-year-old intern at the Wh
- Ron Teskowski, from Leeds, had to abandon his car and walk to work in heavy snow, and was meant to be on his day off when he potentially saved the lives of an elderly couple
Magistrate's son jailed for 'brutal' knife and baseball bat revenge attack in row over 'hippy crack'Mahtarr Morgan, 20, was part of a group involved in the assault and struck the victim several times with the bat, leaving him fearing he was going to be killed in a shop in Birmingham.
- Ilaix Moriba looks set to leave FC Barcelona this summer (Picture: Getty Images)FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta has told wonderkid Ilaix Moriba that he can leave the club as the teenager plays hardball over a new contract.The 18-year-old broke into the Barca first team last season, making 14 La Liga appearances and earning plenty of praise.Having switched representation, his new agents are trying to push for a huge new contract for the midfielder, but cash-strapped Barcelona are unwilling to
- Australia could be set for a baby boom after the Tokyo games, reminiscent ofSydney's 2000 Olympics that lead to an 11.7% increase of birth rates in 2001.
- Royal commentator Angela Levin claims the clip released to mark Meghan Markle's 40th birthday shows what she thinks of the Royal Family
- In the UK's latest travel announcement, seven countries were added to the green list. Here is the full list, and what rules need to be followed
- Krystsina Tsimanouskaya, 24, landed at Warsaw airport on Wednesday around 8pm local time where she now hopes to start a new life out of the reach of Belarus dictator Alexander Lukashenko.
- It needs a bit of love (Picture: Galbraith/SWNS)If you dream of quiet and picturesque surroundings, a new property listing could be up your street.A shepherd’s cottage located on Scotland’s scenic North Coast 500 has gone on the market for £250,000.The tiny two-bed, located in Drumrunie, in the Highlands, boasts incredible landscape views of the mountains – but currently has no electricity. So it really is the definition of off-grid.Very secluded (Picture: Galbraith/
- About 1,000 young people are ‘seriously unwell’ in hospital (Picture: EPA)Young people are being urged to get vaccinated for coronavirus as new figures show one in five patients admitted to hospital are between 18 and 34.
The new head of NHS England, Amanda Pritchard, said there is ‘no doubt’ that the jabs rollout is having a ‘major impact’ in keeping people out of hospital and saving lives.Figures show people aged 18-34 made up more than 20% of Covid hospital
- Fetty Wap’s daughter died from a heart defect (Picture: Rex/Instagram)Fetty Wap’s four-year-old daughter Lauren Maxwell died from complications from a heart defect she had since birth.The 30-year-old rapper confirmed this week that Lauren, the daughter he shared with ex Turquoise Miami, real name Lisa Pembroke, had died aged just four, as he mourned the loss of his ‘little twin’. A death certificate obtained by TMZ states that Lauren’s cause of death was a fata
- NHS England said patients aged 18-34 made up more than 20% of those admitted to hospital last month, up from close to one in 20 - 5.4% - at the peak of the winter wave in January
- John Whaite has joined the line-up for Strictly 2021 (Picture: BBC/REX)John Whaite has officially become the fourth celeb to join the Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up.It’s an exciting one, not only because John is Bake Off legend, but because he’ll form part of the series’ first ever all-male couple and only the second ever same-sex partnership after Nicola Adams and Katya Jones last year.
John has joined stars Tom Fletcher, Robert Webb, and AJ Odudu on the already stellar li
- Battlefield 2042 will be superseded surprisingly quickly (pic: EA)EA has implied that a new Battlefield will be released within two years, despite describing Battlefield 2042 as a games as a service title.The Battlefield franchise has had its ups and downs throughout the years, reaching a low point with the release of 2018’s Battlefield 5 but seeming to be on the road to a strong recovery with this year’s Battlefield 2042.Although rival Call Of Duty has seen a new entry every year fo
- Billionaire Larry Page, 48, has been living off the grid in Fiji for most of the pandemic but sought special permission to fly to New Zealand with the child, who is around 12-years-old.
- It has proven a case of fourth time lucky for Australian diver Melissa Wu, who has secured a bronze medal in the women's 10-metre platform final at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Holidays to France have been saved at the 11th hour after double-jabbed tourists returning from the country will be spared quarantine from Sunday sparking a rush of bookings from Brits.
- Grant Shapps today admitted France and Spain could be added to the 'red list' later in the summer as he said being double-jabbed is likely to be a requirement for travel 'forever more'.
- Zantanna Hall fell pregnant around Christmas last year, her partner Brandan Scott said, but had tragically suffered a miscarriage in February
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!