- Professor Ronald Eccles, who ran Cardiff University's Common Cold Centre for almost 30 years, said there was no insurmountable hurdle to combining the two jabs in one shot.
- Jeremih is now recovering at home (Picture: REX)Jeremih is out of hospital after his coronavirus battle, with the singer thanking those who saved his life.
The Don’t Tell ‘Em hitmaker was seriously ill with the virus and was being treated in intensive care.However, the star – real name Jeremy Felton – is now well enough to continue recovering at home.
He said: ‘First and foremost, I would like to thank God and the incredible team of doctors and nurses at Northwester
- Caption: Picture: GettybrexitTime is running out for the the UK and European Union to reach an agreement on a post-Brexit trade deal.On December 31, the transition period for Britain’s departure from the EU comes to an end, meaning new rules for travel, borders, business and more will come into effect.
The future relationship between both parties is still yet to be decided, with negotiations paused yesterday evening after ‘conditions for an agreement were not met’.
It was hoped
- De Gea was originally injured in the Southampton win (Picture: Getty Images)David de Gea was omitted from Manchester United’s Premier League squad to face West Ham United on Saturday.The Spaniard was forced off at half-time in last weekend’s win over Southampton with a knee injury, but returned to play the full 90 minutes in the loss to Paris Saint-Germain in midweek.Speaking to MUTV before kick-off at the London Stadium, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed that no risks were being taken
- Updates from the 4.45pm kick-off at Parc y ScarletsJones believes Pivac can bring long-term gain for WalesYou can contact Lee by email here with your thoughts 5.01pm GMT 14 mins. Italy have a lineout on the Wales 22 that the duly lose and allow the team in red to boot the ball to safer territory before they steal the ball at the resulting ruck. Italy, understandably frustrated give a penalty away and then start some pushing and shoving.4.57pm GMT 11 mins. Wales have the ball but it’s not g
- Updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-offLive scoreboard: all the latest scores and results from today’s gamesSolskjær has fingers crossed over Rashford’s shoulder injuryAnd you can get in touch with Scott by email here 4.57pm GMT That Manchester United team serves up a tasty trio of Premier League firsts. Dean Henderson and Edinson Cavani both make their full league debuts for the club, while Bruno Fernandes isn’t in a Premier League starting XI for the first time since he jo
- Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne helped City jump seven places to fourth with a comfortable victory over Fulham 4.59pm GMT Cheltenham win an eight-goal thriller at the ground apparently known as the Jonny-Rocks Stadium for sponsorship reasons. 4.58pm GMT “Dundee United won’t be going fifth, Rob,” weeps Simon McMahon. “Rangers at Tannadice next week, assuming of course our non-isolating squad members aren’t planning a Christmas shopping trip to New York...”
- Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk is said to eyeing a move to Texas that could save him billions in taxes. The 49-year-old fought California lawmakers over Covid19 restrictions
- The seven-year-old's mother told a court how the boy who woke up from surgery was not the same one she took to Lightwater Valley theme park
- Megan Simpson, 15, from Lichfield, Staffordshire, who went missing on Thursday after boarding a train heading towards Bloxwich in Walsall has been found 'safe and well', West Midlands Police said.
- Although the festive celebrations may be more low-key than usual this year, you can still have fun with your outfits. Why not pick up a bargain on your weekly shop?
- The blaze began inside a vacant five-story building on East 7th Street just before dawn on Saturday, before flames spread to the neighboring Middle Collegiate Church.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer explains decision to bench Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford for Manchester United’s clash against West HamOle Gunnar Solskjaer decided to bench Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has explained why he benched Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford for Manchester United’s Premier League match against West Ham.Solskjaer said: ‘With Marcus [Rashford] and Bruno [Fernandes], they’re two important players for us. They’ve been kicked between here and there lately.‘Bruno’s [Fernandes] foot has been sore since the Southampton game. The dec
- President and first lady set for rally ahead of January runoffsAnalysts: refusal to accept loss to Biden may depress turnoutDavid Litt: Claims of ‘fraud’ have a long history. They are falseDonald Trump will return to the campaign trail on Saturday – not, notionally at least, in his quixotic and doomed attempt to deny defeat by Joe Biden, but in support of two Republicans who face January run-offs which will decide control of the US Senate. Related: I beg your pardon? Does Trump
- Minnesota Timberwolves player Karl-Anthony Towns revealed Friday that six more family members have died from COVID-19 since his mom's death in April aged 58.
Coronavirus live news: UK records 397 new deaths and a further 15,539 cases; Keir Starmer forced to self-isolateWHO says virus spreading fast despite vaccine progress; French infections rise to 2.29m; Brazil reports 627 new deaths. Follow latest updatesMoscow delivers Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine to clinicsVaccine to have only ‘marginal impact’ on winter hospital admissionsCDC advises ‘universal’ masks indoors as US deaths again break recordsSee all coronavirus coverage 4.38pm GMT Portugal will ease coronavirus rules over the Christmas period to allow people to visi
- Meryl Streep was terrified of working with Ryan Murphy (Picture: Getty)Ryan Murphy commanded a star-studded cast for his latest project, The Prom, on Netflix – including Nicole Kidman, James Corden, Kerry Washington and Andrew Rannells.However, there was one legend who was actually scared of working with the director before things kicked off – Meryl Streep.In fact, the Devil Wears Prada star admitted she was ‘terrified’, because of his previous work on spooky American Hor
- Tensions between police and protestors in Paris have resulted in violent clashes again today as thousands marched against a law making it illegal to film the police.
- Doug Henning filmed the moment he met his biological dad for the first time in 43 years, dressed head-to-toe as Buddy from the Christmas film Elf while singing in the car park
- Shoppers hit high street for first weekend after lockdown (Pictures: Rex/Getty)High streets across the country have been packed today as shoppers try to make up for lost time following the second Covid lockdown.
With all non-essential shops shut for the last four Saturdays, around £1.5billion is expected to be spent this weekend as Christmas shopping goes supercharged.
It comes after thousands of drinkers in tier two areas made the most of rules being eased slightly on Friday night –
- If you haven't started your Christmas shopping yet, you might be leaving it too late with retailers like Topshop, Superdry and New Look no longer offering express delivery options
- The wanderlust is very real(Picture: Getty Images)It might be December, but as 2020 comes to a close, all bets are off when it comes to tradition in a year of lockdowns and restrictions.We’re fresh out of lockdown 2.0 and back into a tier system, which sees different rules in different parts of the country as the wait for the vaccine continues.With that in mind, here’s what you need to know about the travel rules for each tier and where you can go that’s actually warm this time
- Manchester United made light work of lowly Aston Villa to extend their lead at the top of the Women’s Super League after a 2-0 victory at Bescot Stadium.The visitors took the lead after 25 minutes when Hayley Ladd played a perfectly weighted ball into the box for Leah Galton, who calmly slotted the ball into the bottom-left corner. Continue reading...
- Blur frontman hits out at government and calls for music to be considered in official plansCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageDamon Albarn has hit out at the government, saying its response to the coronavirus pandemic shows “no empathy with the arts whatsoever”.The Blur frontman and musical brains behind Gorillaz called for music to be made part of the prescription for the country’s health. Continue reading...
- Ireland 31-16 Scotland
Win secures third place in competitionIreland roused themselves after a soporific start to claim third place in the Autumn Nations Cup and emulate where they finished in the Six Nations. They struggled initially against Scotland’s expansive approach but took control after Duncan Taylor received a yellow card for a deliberate knock-on.Scotland trailed 11-9 at half-time despite making most of the running. Inspired by Stuart Hogg, who seemed intent from the start on sin
- The 27-year-old activist, who was forced to flee the city by Beijing’s crackdown, is determined to continue the fight for freedom‘We need to keep talking about how we’re feeling’: the NHS staff who became social media stars
See the Observer’s faces of 2020 in fullNathan Law began 2020 planning a new run for office in Hong Kong. He has ended it a political exile in Britain, unsure if he will ever be able to return to the city he calls home, or speak to his family aga
- Police and officials maintain presence at mass trespass after bypass approvedMore than 100 protesters have staged a trespass at Stonehenge to raise concerns over plans for a two-mile tunnel underneath the world heritage site.Last month the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, approved the £1.7bn project, which will include eight miles of extended dual carriageway along the A303 in Wiltshire. Continue reading...
Britain’s Got Talent winner Jon Courtenay reveals how semi-final audition went completely wrong – and no one noticedBGT winner Jon Courtenay revealed his semi-final audition went completely wrong (Picture: REX)Britain’s Got Talent comedian Jon Courtenay has revealed that his semi-final audition went completely wrong – and no one even noticed.The comedian, who was sent through the competition as Ant and Dec’s Golden Buzzer, was crowned the 2020 champion in October, bagging the £250,000 cash prize.The father-of-two landed 35.7% of the public vote in the finale, winning by a mile against
Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You and The Pogues’ Fairytale Of New York named most overrated Christmas songsThe people have spokenMariah Carey and The Pogues have been voted as having the most overrated Christmas songs of all time – and who are we to argue?The voters have had their say, dubbing All I Want For Christmas Is You and Fairytale Of New York as equally overrated in the battle of the festive hits.
Pitted against songs including East 17’s Stay Another Day, Wham!’s Last Christmas, Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody, and Shakin’ Stevens’ Merry Christmas Everyon
- Colin Kazim-Richards stood with his fist in the air in support of Black Lives Matter (BPI/REX)Millwall supporters booed the players for taking the knee in support of Black Lives Matter after returning to The Den for the first time in eight months on Saturday.Two-thousand supporters are allowed to watch their Championship clash against Derby County inside the stadium as the area is in Tier 2 of the Government’s coronavirus restrictions.Players and staff from Premier League clubs continue to
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!