Strictly’s Nicola Adams has been partnered with Katya Jones (Picture: BBC/Instagram)Nicola Adams’ girlfriend Ella Baig has zero worries about them succumbing to the notorious Strictly Come Dancing curse and believes their relationship is strong.The 2020 series kicked off on Saturday where it was revealed that the Olympic boxing champion, who is making history in the show’s first-ever same-sex female couple, has been partnered with Katya Jones.
Despite Nicola branding Katya &lsq
Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek could emulate impact of Thomas Muller at Bayern Munich, says Owen HargreavesVan de Beek started his first Champions League game against Leipzig (Picture: Getty Images)Owen Hargreaves says once Donny van de Beek has nailed down his starting berth at Manchester United, he could, similarly to Bayern’s Thomas Muller, become undroppable.The Dutchman started his first Champions League game for the club in Wednesday night’s 5-0 destruction of RB Leipzig, putting in an assured performance at the top of United’s midfield diamond.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has taken f
- Shane Richie is the latest star to be reportedly added to the I’m A Celeb line-up (Picture: Getty)EastEnders star Shane Richie is the latest star to be reportedly signed up for I’m A Celebrity 2020.
The actor and performer is known best as Alfie Moon in the long-running BBC soap, but is now set to trade in The Queen Vic for a castle in Wales.
He is now allegedly heading into a two-week isolation period, as per Covid guidelines, before entering Castle Gwrych.
‘ITV have always wa
- France is going into a second national lockdown (Picture: THOMAS COEX/AFP via Getty Images)President Emmanuel Macron has announced that France will go back into a nationwide lockdown on Friday.Addressing the nation on Wednesday, Mr Macron said that France must now ‘apply the brakes brutality’ to avoid being ‘submerged by the acceleration of the epidemic’.France reported 523 more coronavirus deaths on Tuesday, the highest number of daily deaths since April.Meanwhile, the U
- Professor David Greenberg said in his opinion Mathew Flame did not have a disease of the mind when he attacked Liam Anderson, son ofsinger Angry Anderson.
I Am Not Okay With This creator explains why Netflix axed series – and coronavirus wasn’t all to blameI Am Not Okay With This was cancelled in August (Picture: Netflix)I Am Not Okay With This creator Jonathan Entwistle has finally shed some light as to why Netflix cancelled the series after just one season – and it wasn’t all completely down to coronavirus.The beloved teen drama, starring IT’s Sophia Lillis, premiered in February, but come August it was binned by the streaming giant alongside The Society leaving fans inconsolable.Explaining why the show was pulled, Entwistle re
- Molly-Mae is proud to be natural and lip filler-free these days (Picture: @mollymaehague)Molly-Mae Hague has revealed that her lips have ‘stretched’ after having fillers in them for years, exposing the reality of some cosmetic surgery procedures. The Love Island star unveiled her new pout last week after having her lip fillers dissolved in a bid to sport a more natural look. While she’s loving the finished result, Molly-Mae was shocked to find the shape of her lips ha
- Kyra Edwards is the only Black mixed-heritage member of any British Rowing team. She’s the only non-white athlete in the entire organisation.The young sportswoman is a future Olympic hopeful, a talented ambassador for rowing, but Kyra’s identity is also defined by isolation.It’s something she is determined to change for the next wave of young British sporting talent.‘I want to make sure I leave this sport way more diverse than when I found it. That is more important to me
Sarah Jessica Parker shares rare snaps of son to mark his 18th birthday… and he looks just like Matthew BroderickSarah Jessica Parker shares rare family photos on son’s 18th birthday (Picture: Instagram)Sarah Jessica Parker has given fans a rare insight into her family life, while digging out old photos of her son James.
The Sex And The City star, 55, who is famed for playing Carrie Bradshaw, was seen celebrating her boy’s milestone birthday on Instagram by sharing throwback photos from when James was little.
Going through the family archives, Sarah picked out her favourites and James’ re
- You might have to think outside the box this year (Pictures: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Halloween is one of the most anticipated events of the year for children (and a lot adults too) but this year, as with many other holidays, it is going to be quite different.
With all of us trying to keep own and our children’s mental health in check, now more than ever we need to maintain a sense of normality wherever we can and at the same time – as safely as we can.Routines and days to look forward to a
- A forensic officer at the scene on Russell Way in Crawley, West Sussex, after a 24-year-old man was fatally stabbed on Tuesday night (Picture: PA)A teenage girl has been arrested over the murder of a man in West Sussex.An air ambulance and paramedics were scrambled after a 24-year-old man was found with serious stab injuries in Russell Way, Crawley, at 9pm on Tuesday.But despite being treated by the emergency services, he later died at the scene.Police said a 14-year-old girl from Crawley was ar
- Names are a big part of our identity (Picture: Ella Byworth)When we’re born, we’re all given a name, and whether we like it or not, it’s a big part of our identity.For a parent who is adopting a child, their little one will probably have been given a name by their birth parent.Children, even babies, will understand and recognise their name and changing that can be incredibly confusing.While their surname will be changed to that of the adoptive parent, it’s rare to give a
- Marek Slepcik, now 20, was first arrested by police in 2016 but managed to escape the UK to Slovakia in 2017 after his mother applied for emergency travel documents
Riverdale’s Lili Reinhart hits out at ‘incredibly insecure’ bodyshamers commenting on pandemic weight gainLili Reinhart told fans they don’t need to explain their weight to bodyshamers (Picture: Getty)Riverdale’s Lili Reinhart has hit out at bodyshamers who comment on people’s weight gain as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, branding them ‘incredibly insecure’.The actress told her fans they don’t need to ‘explain’ their appearance to others and that anyone who asks them to is ‘dealing with their own insecurities’.
Taking to Twitter, Lil
- The Brazilian is currently self-isolating after his diagnosis (Picture: Getty Images)Alex Telles has reassured Manchester United fans he is ‘fine’ after testing positive for coronavirus, thanking them for their support and vowing to return as strong as ever.The summer signing from Porto had a promising debut against PSG last week but was mysteriously absent from the matchday squads for follow-up games against Chelsea and RB Leipzig.Speaking after United’s thumping 5-0 win over
- Scientists warn there needs to be a change before Christmas and claim current measures are ‘not sufficient’ (Picture: Reuters)Medical experts say the second wave of coronavirus has reached a ‘critical stage’, with infections doubling about every nine days.Scientists warn there needs to be a change before Christmas and claim current measures are ‘not sufficient’.They estimate there are nearly 100,000 new infections each day in England, meaning the pandemic is s
- NSW Health issued a warning for anybody who trained at F45 Leppington, in Sydney's southwest, between October 15 and October 28.
- Ronaldo was trolled after the defeat (Picture: Getty)Barcelona cheekily trolled Juventus and Cristiano Ronaldo after their 2-0 Champions League win in Turin on Wednesday night.
Goals from Ousmane Dembele and Lionel Messi saw Ronald Koeman’s side move three points clear of Andrea Pirlo’s Juventus at the top of Group G after two matches played.Dembele opened the scoring with a deflected effort, while former Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata had three goals disallowed.
But a clumsy challeng
- Seema Banu Syed, 37, her daughter Affira, 11, and six-year-old son Fazam were discovered in the house in Llewellyn Court, Ballinteer, South Dublin, shortly before noon
- The iPad Air (2020) is the best iPad you can buy right now (Metro.co.uk)If you’ve committed to the idea of buying or upgrading an iPad and are trying to decide which one to get, then the newly-announced iPad Air is it.The 2020 version of the iPad Air has the crucial features of the current iPad Pro without the price tag and is a more accomplished and usable iPad than the standard £329 basic iPad. It’s the middle-of-the-road choice and for most people, the one to go for.I know t
- The trio were parasailing off Rhodes, Greece, when tragedy struck (Picture: Alamy Stock Photo)Two British children died and another was seriously injured while holidaying in Greece on Wednesday, after a family parasailing accident.The trio were being towed by boat when a rope holding their parasailing parachute snapped, before the two brothers, 15 and 13, and their 15-year-old female cousin were found on rocks, the Greek coastguard said. One boy, 13, and the 15-year-old girl were killed whi
- Notorious former bikie boss Hassan 'Sam' Ibrahim was handed over to federal authorities on Thursday in preparation for his deportation to Lebanon.
- Emergency services were called to Russell Way in Three Bridges, Crawley at 9pm on Tuesday evening where they found a 24-year-old man with serious injuries
Dr Hilary has called for more ‘draconian’ measures to crack down on the spread of coronavirus, supporting a second national lockdown. Prime Minister Boris Johnson is facing mounting pressure to put in place a stricter three-tier lockdown across the country as the rate infection continues to soar daily. Another 310 people died from Covid-19 yesterday while a further 24,70
- The finished rolls (Picture: From the Pantry to the Table)A homecook has revealed her secret to a perfect crispy coating – crushed up instant noodles.Gail, who posts on From the Pantry to the Table, shared her recipe for crispy potato, chilli and parmesan rolls, which are very cheap to make.They need just a free ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes.After cooking and mashing the potato filling, Gail is able to roll it into shape, dip it in a batter and then dip it in the crushed up
- Heartbroken Jack Aaron received a letter from Stoke-on-Trent City Council invoicing him for £79.39 owing on the property for the 10 days after his mum, Nicola Bray, died
- Cousins has pleaded not guilty to aggravated stalking and 20 counts of breaching a family violence restraining order relating to his ex-partner, Maylea Tinecheff, in Perth in April this year.
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Edward Hutchinson (Joe McGann) schemes once more in Hollyoaks, and Diane (Alex Fletcher) suffers as a result, but his latest action leaves daughter Verity (Eva O’Hara) in complete and utter shock.
Edward has manipulated every situation to his advantage since arriving in the eponymous village last year, but in spite of having successfully won Diane’s affection, he continues to scheme.
Diane’s hair has been falling out, and Edward has suggested it’s
- (Picture: ITV)There are two huge Emmerdale couples heading for the rocks – but can they survive and get back from the brink? As Charity Dingle (Emma Atkins) hits the bottle after cheating on Vanessa Woodfield (Michelle Hardwick), Chas (Lucy Pargeter) and Paddy (Dominic Brunt) fight for their fractured relationship.
Elsewhere, Moira (Natalie J Robb) faces dark secrets from her past as she has a big showdown with Mackenzie (Lawrence Robb).
Monday November 2Moira faces a dark chapter from her
- (Picture: ITV)Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) gets quite the shock in Emmerdale when her estranged brother Mackenzie (Lawrence Robb) arrives in the village.
The Emmerdale legend is taken aback upon coming face-to-face with her younger sibling, and thus the stage is set for a huge showdown, which ensues next week.Moira is forced to revisit a dark period of her life during the showdown in question, as she attempts to make Mackenzie listen to what she’s got to say.
However, it’s not just
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!