- We may have to wait a little longer for the return of the heatwave (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)Heavy rain and thunder is set to return to the UK today after a yellow weather warning has been put in place.The Met Office issued the warning between noon and 9pm across the north of England, including Manchester and Newcastle, the Midlands and Wales.The forecaster said: ‘Heavy showers will develop, bringing possible travel disruption and flooding in a few areas.’People in these areas a
- Decatur Councilman Hunter Pepper, 19, contracted coronavirus-related pneumonia and is ‘terrified’ (Picture: Facebook)A teenage city council member who voted against Decatur, Alabama’s mask mandate has been hospitalized with coronavirus-related pneumonia. Hunter Pepper, 19, tested positive for Covid-19 on Wednesday morning, five months after opposing the mandate.‘I am still shallow in breathing but my oxygen remains okay for now!’ Pepper wrote on Facebook on Thursday
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: How fortunate for Boris Johnson's ambitious wife, Carrie, that she has already had her long-awaited stay with the Queen.
- YouTuber Gabby Petito has gone missing on a road trip in the US (Picture: YouTube)Gabby Petito was reported missing by her family on September 11 after they had not heard from her in over two weeks.Gabby and her fiancé Brian Laundrie had embarked on a road trip in a white Ford Transit van on Friday, July 2 from New York.
After recent police bodycam footage was released showing her distressed and crying following an argument with her boyfriend, the public and her family are growing concern
Strictly Come Dancing 2021 in chaos as ‘two pro-dancers refuse Covid-19 jabs’ and celebs ‘don’t want to be paired’ with themStrictly Come Dancing 2021 is kicking off on Saturday (Picture: PA)Strictly Come Dancing has been plunged into chaos after two professional dancers refused to get the coronavirus vaccine, it has been claimed.The upcoming series is set to kick off on Saturday, with the pairings finally revealed.However, after one unidentified pro tested positive for Covid-19 and was forced to isolate, reports claim that two dancers have not been jabbed.According to the Sun, BBC bosses are thought to be ‘fea
GB News hits back at Question Time debate, claiming ‘number of demonstrably untrue remarks’ made about channelGB News refuted comments made on Question Time (Picture: Rex/GB News)GB News bosses have condemned ‘a number of demonstrably untrue remarks’ which were made during Thursday’s episode of Question Time on BBC One.Journalist Andrew Neil was making his first non-GB News TV appearance since announcing he had left his role as chairman and host of a prime time show on the fledgling channel, and a lively debate ensued around both Andrew’s reasons for exiting GB News and the chann
- Insurers estimated rebuilding the ravaged interior would cost £38 million - and that was before further water damage to the Dorset property was found and two more ceilings fell in.
- UK researchers found that those with certain conditions are up to 12-times more likely to be hospitalised or die from Covid after being vaccinated, compared to healthy people.
‘This has to stop’ – Gary Neville calls for change as ‘football institution’ Derby County prepare to enter administrationGary Neville admits Derby County ‘may go out of business’ (Pictures: Getty/Sky Sports)Former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville has called for change after ‘football institution’ Derby County filed a notice to appoint administrators due to financial problems.Championship club Derby, who are managed by Neville’s former teammate Wayne Rooney, have been unable to find a buyer despite being in talks with a number of ‘credible parties’.As a r
- Dr Richard Vautrey (pictured), chairman of the BMA's GP committee, said the UK's NHS needs thousands more family doctors to allow more patients to be seen in-person.
- From October 4, there will be a single "red list" of destinations which will require quarantine, while those who are fully vaccinated will no longer need a pre-departure test before returning from non-red list destinations
- The single case of classical bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) was identified in the animal, which is now dead and has been removed from the farm and said there is 'no risk to food safety'
- The craze for these 'hard seltzers' has come from the US and British drinks brands and supermarkets have created their own versions, which are designed to appeal to women (file photo).
Proof the BBC won't switch off its bias: Broadcaster demands we pay for it and denies it's Left wingUK Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries was appointed on the very day the Beeb unveiled one Jess Brammar as its new executive news editor.
- Pete’s baby son was seen within seconds of the show starting (Picture: Channel 4)Gogglebox started off in adorable yet hilarious fashion as Pete Sandiford revealed his newborn son to viewers within the opening moments of the 18th series.Pete, who appears on the show with his sister Sophie, was cradling his son in his arms, as he removed his dummy and praised his gurgling son for being ‘a very good boy’.The camera gave a close-up look at the little boy, who was clad in a baby bl
- Money experts said a 'perfect storm' of price and tax hikes could push family finances to the limit across the UK. Energy prices have rocketed this week.
- This huge compound on the fringe of the Cotswolds is the site of what is set to become one of the most expensive properties in the country. Pictured: Miss Murdoch and Keith Tyson.
- The infected cow is now dead and authorities are investigating the source of the disease (stock picture) (Picture: Getty Images)A British cow has tested positive for bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), known as mad cows disease.The cow’s infection was confirmed on Friday after it was removed from a farm in Somerset.
There is currently ‘no risk to food safety’ and the risk of BSE to the country remains ‘controlled’, The Animal and Plant Health Agency (Apha) said.
- Emma Squires, from Leeds, blasted the John Smeaton Academy's 'military-camp' style uniform policy which put her 14-year-old daughter in isolation for nearly a week
- Richard Hammond, 36, was caught speeding over Tower Bridge as he drove home from a shift as a specialist firearms officer in his then-partner Vicky Courtis's car at 6am on August 26, 2018.
Gary Neville singles out ‘breathtaking’ Newcastle United star Allan Saint-Maximin after Leeds United drawGary Neville was impressed by Newcastle United star Allan Saint-Maximin (Pictures: Getty/Sky Sports)Gary Neville said Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin was ‘breathtaking’ in the 1-1 draw against Leeds United.Saint-Maximin’s brilliant equaliser earned Newcastle a point at St James’ Park on Friday night after Raphinha gave Leeds an early lead.The result leaves both sides still searching for their first win of the season, and at the wrong end of the table, but
- Alex Hook is in a medically-induced coma after suffering severe brain damage since the incident on September 10 just behind Riverview Elementary in Silver Lake, Wisconsin.
- Cassie Laundrie - Brian Laundrie's sister - became the first member of their family to speak about the case publicly on Friday, but revealed she had not been in touch with her brother
- A shark was swallowed hole by a leviathan-like sea creature off the coast of Goodland in Florida, leaving a boatful of fishermen utterly dumbfounded.
- Forensics officers at the scene of a fatal stabbing earlier today in Sheffield (Picture: Ben Lack/YappApp)A man was stabbed to death in the centre of Sheffield this afternoon.He was taken to hospital by air ambulance after being found around 4.30pm with serious injuries in the city’s High Street.
South Yorkshire Police said that a man in his thirties was arrested at the scene.They have now launched a murder investigation and officers remain at the crime scene with cordons in place.Officers
- Police have said the Audi was stolen in a burglary at an Old Swan bar on September 8. They believe the house was deliberately targeted in the smash which wrecked the house
- Mum Lauren Dickason, 40, has been charged with murdering her twin girls and their older sister in Timaru, New Zealand, a week after the family moved for work at a hospital in the country
No Time To Die: Daniel Craig tears up in emotional farewell speech after filming final James Bond sceneDaniel Craig got teary as he said farewell to the James Bond cast and crew (Picture: MGM)James Bond star Daniel Craig teared up as he gave a poignant speech to the No Time To Die crew, after the film finally wrapped.The upcoming 007 flick, which is set to be released on September 30, will serve as his last, as he steps away from the spy role.The 53-year-old couldn’t help but get emotional as he said goodbye to the cast and crew.In a glimpse from the Being James Bond documentary on Apple TV
- An independent panel of the FDA unanimously recommended Pfizer’s booster shot for adults 65 and older (Picture: Getty Images)An independent panel of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has unanimously recommended Pfizer’s booster shot for adults 65 and older and other people at high risk – but not for the younger, healthier population.The Vaccine and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee voted unanimously in favor of administering booster shots to at-risk groups
- Mrs Pears is concerned for her daughter and fears silver-tongued Elphicke - whom she calls Charles - could use this opportunity to wheedle his way back into Natalie's affections.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!