- Many would be forgiven for not being completely across the amount Sophie Wessex does for the British royal family - without question she will ‘step up’ if needed but it will be without the fanfare of certain other members within The Firm
- Victoria has recorded four new locally acquired cases of Covid-19 on Sunday as investigations continue into where an unvaccinated testing clinic worker could have been exposed to the virus.
- Wood wins the WBA ‘regular’ title (Picture: Ian Walton Matchroom Boxing)Leigh Wood has won the WBA ‘regular’ featherweight title as Matchroom Fight Camp returned to Eddie Hearn’s back garden in Essex.After its success during lockdown last summer, the first of three shows took place at Matchroom HQ on Saturday night with Wood clinching the title in the headline act.
The Nottingham fighter, the firm underdog heading into the bout, produced a disciplined and wonderfull
- Former London Stock Exchange boss Xavier Rolet said 'entitled' junior bankers had no right to complain when 'millions of poor working mothers' work harder for far less money.
- Former St. Athanasius Church priest Louis Gigante is being sued over an alleged sexual assault that took place in the 1970s
- MOS COMMENT: Businessman Mike Lynch faces being hauled off to the US on allegations of fraud. Yet Britain's own Serious Fraud Office has not even called him in for an interview.
- MPs last night called on NHS England to look into more at-home use of the steroid Dexamethasone to further cut cases of serious illness from Covid. The drug has mostly been used in hospital.
- MOS COMMENT: It sometimes seems as if someone wants to punish us for wanting to live normally again. The rules governing foreign travel from the UK have reached another level of futile spite.
- Contestant Dean decided to ‘go big’ while on the show (Picture: BBC/Hungry Bear/ Gary Moyes/Matt Burlem)Contestant Dean took a massive gamble on Saturday’s episode of Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel, which saw him walk away from the BBC gameshow with a jackpot win of £82,000.The primary school teacher had been first up from the contestant wheel on to the studio floor to play for a potentially hefty cash sum with the help of the episode’s celebrity experts.Saturda
- Clifford the Big Red Dog is no longer coming to cinemas this September (Picture: Paramount Pictures)Clifford the Big Red Dog’s planned theatrical release has been cancelled due to concerns over a surge in Covid-19 cases due to the Delta variant.The Paramount film, based on Norman Bridwell’s beloved children’s book series about a 10-foot-tall red dog and his owner, was set to hit cinemas on September 17.Deadline reports that the studio is now searching for a new US release date,
- A proposal to build a prison in Albania to house foreign offenders in British jailes was 'welcomed' at a bilateral meeting between UK Ministers and Albania's justice secretary last week.
- The rider was arrested after colliding with the officer in Willesden, North London, at around 1pm. He had been ordered to stop but police say he failed to do so. Pictured: File photo.
‘Why can Man Utd sign Raphael Varane and we can’t?’ – Jose Enrique slams Liverpool’s lack of transfer ambitionLiverpool have made just one signing this summer (Picture: Getty)Former Liverpool defender Jose Enrique has questioned the club’s lack of transfer activity, concerned the club have been left behind the likes of their arch-rivals Manchester United.The Reds moved quickly to agree a deal to sign Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig back in May but he remains their only major signing the summer.The club have also lost influential midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum in that time and while there is still
- The Duchess of Sussex has not publicly revealed how she will mark her big day, but many think she will be spending it friends and family
Love Island 2021: Lillie Haynes says she and Liam Reardon ‘were like a couple’ in Casa Amor despite Millie Court couplingMillie Court was left shocked to hear that Liam Reardon had been getting close to Lillie Haynes (Picture: ITV)Love Island star Lillie Haynes has spoken out about her connection with Liam Reardon in Casa Amor, revealing they were ‘like a couple’ despite him being in a strong couple with Millie Court.Fans were left completely unimpressed as Liam got cosy with Lillie while he was away in Casa Amor, sharing a bed with her and kissing her outside of challenges, while Millie stayed loyal t
- Alex Scott spoke out after being criticised by the former House of Lords member (Picture: Getty)Alex Scott has hit back in the best way after being mocked for her East London accent by a former House Of Lords member.The Arsenal legend, who’s been widely praised for her punditry, was back presenting on the BBC after Lord Digby Jones criticised her for dropping her g’s.He tweeted: ‘Enough! I can’t stand it anymore! Alex Scott spoils a good presentational job on the BBC Olym
- The Metropolitan Police said officers were called to The Cause nightclub in Tottenham, shortly after 3am this morning following a number of people becoming unwell.
- Ben Elliot, 45, introduced super-rich clients from his company Quintessentially to the Prince of Walesafter they paid his company tens of thousands of pounds.
Gabby Thomas (Rosie Bentham) is left fearing for her life in upcoming Emmerdale scenes, when she hears someone lurking about in Home Farm.
The mainstay of the ITV soap is spooked when a loud bang comes from the living room, when she thought the house to be empty.
She calls out to see if it groundsman Will Taylor (Dean Andrews) is responsible for the sound, but upon receiving no re
Aadi Alahan (Adam Hussain) takes a chance on love in upcoming Coronation Street scenes, as he asks Summer Spellman (Harriet Bibby) out.The young lad opens up to Summer about how he feels next week, explaining that if anything happened to her, he’d be sad.
Summer reciprocates those feelings, but Aadi panics and makes a swift exit, leaving Summer somewhat confused!In need of help, A
- Once inside Downing Street in London, Sir Lynton Crosby headed instead to Rishi Sunak's flat, where the men had what aides describe as 'a quick catch-up'.
- Curtis Crosland, 60, was released from prison Thursday after serving more than 30 years behind bars for a 1984 murder after witnesses recanted.
- Before Princess Eugenie moved into Prince Harry and Meghan's old home, very little was ever seen of Frogmore Cottage, a property with rich royal history
- Maternity staff across the NHS are also putting their patients in danger of suffering premature or stillbirths with unfounded scare stories about the jabs, medics say.
- The gripping story of how, in 1962, a group of students dug a tunnel under the Berlin Wall to help 29 people escape East Germany was turned into a nerve-jangling BBC podcast.
- The former UK Health Secretary is understood to be in regular contact with Ms Coladangelo - but they are not yet living together.
- Starting family life in the glare of the Downing Street spotlight while carrying the burden of the highest office in the land was never going to be easy.
- Accounts published as Mrs Cameron was at Goodwood Ladies Day drinking champagne with stepfather Viscount Astor raise questions about why the company needed to make furlough claims.
- The 35-year-old, who is a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila, was pictured with former Glamour magazine editor and fashion ambassador Maria Buccellati.
- Ministers agreed in principle a new 'amber watch list' which could mean amber countries go straight to red. MPs called for a guarantee tourists would not have to quarantine in this case.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!