Sir Elton John reveals Crocodile Rock was written as a ‘joke’ and he ‘never, ever’ wants to sing it againSir Elton John’s been singing a ‘joke’ song he doesn’t particularly like for nearly 50 years (Picture: Getty)Sir Elton John has revealed that that he wrote one of his biggest hits, Crocodile Rock, as ‘a joke’ and that he will ‘never ever’ sing it again after his tour.The 74-year-old year nabbed his first US number one with the song in 1973 but apparently there is no special place for it in his heart.Speaking on the Deeney Talks podcast, hosted by W
- The emergency response got underway at about 11.30am after police received reports of the crash about one mile into the water off Long Beach Island.
- Swathes of fans draped in flags and wearing Scotland jerseys have been pouring off sold-out trains in London today ahead of tomorrow night's Euro 2020 clash against England at Wembley.
- After a series of close calls with bears and tourist at Yellowstone, the National Park Service is offering bear safety tips, including the reminder to not use friends as bear bait in case of an encounter.
- The former No10 aide intervened in a Twitter debate about whether Mr Johnson's private persona is the same as his public image this afternoon.
- Described as a "legendary" king of the pride, Scarface sustained several injuries, including being struck by the spear of a Maasai warrior, but defied the odds and lived a long life
- At the time of his death, Paul was facing three felony charges in relation to a drunken boat crash in 2019 that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach.
- Negotiations to end a hostage situation were held up at HMP Risley when prisoners tuned in to Coronation Street (Picture: REX/Shutterstock)Prisoners watched Coronation Street in a cell during a five-hour hostage siege, newly released files show.Four inmates claimed they had razor blades and tied their victim to a chair before tuning into the ITV soap.They made demands for vapes and transfers to other jails, to negotiators but progress was slowed as they broke off to watch television.The incident
- The results from a trial with 40,000 participants have caused CureVac sharesin Frankfurt and New York to fall more than 50 per cent,erasing more than £5billion from the company's market value.
- Public Health England data released today show infections are rising in all age groups, ethnic communities and regions - particularly the North West, where the mutant strain is rife.
- Avanti West Coast's Royal Scot train arrived at Glasgow Central three hours, 53 minutes and one second after its departure from London Euston, according to the operator.
- A bolt struck the Margate Pumping Station in Kent during the thunderstorms on Wednesday night which forced Southern Water to release heavily diluted wastewater at seven coastal locations in Kent
- The Caramilk launch is finally happening (Picture: Cadbury)For years, Cadbury fans have been jealous of those in Australia and New Zealand who have been enjoying the taste of Caramilk – a caramelised white chocolate.When rumours surfaced earlier this year of the release of a UK version, people were excited.And now the brand has confirmed to Metro.co.uk that the news is true – Caramilk will be available in the UK from Monday June 21.You’ll be able to buy it online from Cadbury G
- Maurisio Malaj, 30, was working for the Albanian police force when he went undercover and infiltrated the mafia there, a court heard. But he fled Albania when crime bosses discovered he was a cop.
- An Office for National Statistics report found that only 0.5 per cent of people in the UK tested positive for coronavirus in the six months after their first jab, along with 0.1 per cent after the second dose.
Family of British tourist mauled by crocodile visit lagoon where she was attacked to show it is SAFEMelissa Laurie's parents Sean and Sue Laurie and her sister Georgia visited the Manialtepec Lagoon on Wednesday. On June 6, Melissa was attacked by a crocodile while swimming in the lagoon.
- KC Pet Project in Kansas shared a dramatic before and after of Simon the Shih Tzu who had extremely matted fur in a TikTok video that has been viewed more than 30 million times
- The university in New Cross, south-east London, has changed its policy after a proposal from the students' union - allowing students to delay sitting exams if they have suffered 'racial trauma'.
- Paramedic Peter Kingsley was called to Fryent Country Park in Wembley, London, after the bodies ofBibaa Henry, 46, and Nicole Smallman, 27, were discovered on Sunday, June 7 last year.
- GB News has been plagued with issues since its launch (Picture: GB News)GB News officially launched on Sunday, June 13 – the first new news channel to premiere in the UK in 30 years – but their first few days have already been fraught with issues during their live broadcasts.The channel, who Andrew Neil, 72, is chairman and a presenter of, promised to ‘give a voice to those who feel sidelined or silenced’ and to ‘expose cancel culture for the threat to free speech a
Creating a LGBT Love Island isn’t rocket science: An investigation quashing those ‘logistical difficulties’ argued by ITVITV has said that gay Love Island contestants create a ‘logistical difficulty’ (Picture: Rex/MTV)Love Island bosses are currently against producing a LGBT+ version of the show because gay contestants would pose ‘logistical difficulty’. So naturally, Metro.co.uk investigated just how logistically difficult it would be to create a series that is inclusive of all genders and sexualities alike. And it turns out, not very.The hit programme, which aims to match young, hot singl
- A glider plane went down off Long Beach Island in New Jersey (Picture: ABC7)An aircraft went down into the ocean about a mile off the coast of New Jersey on Thursday morning.
The aircraft, reportedly a glider plane, crashed off Long Beach Island off 26th Street around 11.30am.As many as three people were on board, according to News4.Video footage shared on social media showed an investigation underway in choppy waters.Breaking story, check back for updates…
- The abstract painting is part of David Bowie’s 47-piece ‘Dead Heads’ series (Picture: Pen News)Someone found a David Bowie painting at a charity shop for just £2.91 – and now it is expected to sell for at least £23,000.The abstract portrait was part of the British icon’s 47-piece ‘Dead Heads’ series, which he painted between 1995 and 1997.
The work was sold for £2,300 in 2001 and pretty much disappeared afterwards. But it bizarrely
- A 138-page lawsuit filed against Pornhub's parent company Mindgeek on behalf of 34 unnamed women in California state court on Thursday depicts the firm as a human trafficking crime syndicate.
- Public Health England's weekly coronavirus surveillance report said the country's vaccination campaign had prevented an estimated 42,000 hospitalisations and more than 14,000 deaths
Kim Kardashian will have ‘limits’ on bikini pictures when she’s a lawyer – but don’t worry, she’s still posting thirst traps for nowKim Kardashian is putting limits on her sexy Instagram pictures (Pictures: Instagram)Kim Kardashian revealed she is putting ‘limits’ on sexy bikini pictures on her Instagram page – but not just yet.The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star has opened up on some of the more risqué photos she has shared with the world during her career – with most of them drawing in millions of likes and even more comments.Side note: Who could forget that infamous #BreakTheInternet ma
- Could the hay fever injection help you? (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)The pollen count is high right now and lots of people are suffering with hay fever.While most can manage it with over-the-counter antihistamines and products like eye drops or nasal sprays, for some people, the allergy is so severe nothing seems to work.If that sounds like you, you might consider the hay fever injection.Not currently offered on the NHS, you can get it privately for around £100 per jab.There are pros
- Cecily Aguilar, 22, has been charged with tampering with evidence after she allegedly confessed to investigators that she helped cut up and hide Guillen's body in April of last year.
- The 15-year-old, who cannot be identified because of her age, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday by video-link for a case management hearing.
- Firefighters rushed to The Green Man pubin Wrotham, Kent, in the early hours of this morning in a bit to tackle the blaze with five fire engines and the water from a neighbour's pool.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!