- Sei Ashina has died aged 36 (Picture: Malcolm Taylor/Getty Images)Actress Sei Ashina has died aged 36 in a suspected suicide.The Japanese star, best known for her role in Silk, was found dead at her Tokyo apartment by her brother. Ashina’s brother had gone to her apartment after she stopped replying to his calls and texts on September 13. The star’s reps HoriPro confirmed the ‘sad and unfortunate’ news of her death, saying: ‘The detailed situation is curre
- Documents uncovered by investigators at Poland's Institute of National Remembrance show that the man, whose full name was James Albert Bond, arrived in Warsaw on February 18, 1964.
A couple ran away from a restaurant laughing after they racked up a £100 bill and left fake test and trace details.The young man and woman were caught on CCTV as they left My Big Fat Taverna, in Clacton-on-Sea in Essex, without paying.According to Vicki Hart, general manager of the Royal Hotel where the restaurant is located in the Essex town, said they ordered two T-bone steaks an
- Havertz signed for Chelsea this summer (Picture: Getty)Frank Lampard believes a lack of match fitness is one of the key reasons behind Kai Havertz’s slow start to life as a Chelsea player, while it will also take time for him to integrate into the team.
Chelsea spent an initial £72.7million to bring the Germany international to Stamford Bridge this summer but the 21-year-old has failed to impress in his first two outings for his new club.
Big things are expected of the attacking midf
- Aintree racecourse chairman Rose Paterson was a 'devoted, loving wife, mother and grandmother' who was successful in the arts, in charity work and horse racing - and her family is struggling to come to terms with her death
- Adeline Fagan, an OB/GYN doctor from New York and working in Houston, died Saturday after testing positive for coronavirus back in July.
- Police appealed for witnesses to come forwardA man has died after he was left lying in the road after being assaulted, police said.The man was attacked following a conversation with three men, who then left the scene in Rochdale.A short time later, the victim was hit by a car whose driver stopped at the scene.
Emergency services were called at around 3.10am on September 20, with reports of a man lying unconscious in acar park off The Esplanade, near Yates.He was pronounced dead at the scene.A 22
Tottenham’s Carabao Cup clash cancelled after 18 Leyton Orient players test positive for coronavirusTuesday night’s game will not go ahead as previously planned (Pictures: Getty Images)Tottenham’s Carabao Cup third-round clash against Leyton Orient has been called off after the League Two club suffered a coronavirus outbreak, with talks ongoing over what happens next.Orient confirmed on Monday that ‘a number’ of first-team players had tested positive for Covid-19, with Tottenham having spent £5,000 to pay for the lower league side to be checked over.Although Premi
- Boris Johnson faced an immediate Tory backlash today after he unveiled his new coronavirus crackdown as Conservative MPs hit out over freedoms being taken away.
- Social distancing restrictions could be here for some time… (Picture: Getty)Following the news the UK is seeing a second wave of coronavirus, new restrictions have been announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.Among the new rules that will come into effect either later this week – Thursday September 24 – or next week – from Monday September 28 – pubs will close from 10pm and shop workers and taxi passengers must wear a face mask.Speaking about the new rules, Johns
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer takes his Manchester United team to Luton on Tuesday night (Picture: Getty Images)Manchester United travel to Luton on Tuesday night in the third round of the Carabao Cup, hoping to bounce back from their limp performance and defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday evening.The Red Devils were downed 3-1 by the Eagles at Old Trafford and the pressure is on manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer not to open their campaign with back-to-back defeats.Luton, in contrast, have had an excellent
- Aymen Babiker was working as an agency support worker in 2018 when he led the woman into a laundry room and forced her against a counter before raping her. He was sentenced at Newport Crown Court.
- A polar bear with its cubs in the sea ice, northeast of Alaska (Picture: AFP)Humanity has been told to take drastic action after grave warnings suggested the Arctic was in ‘meltdown’, with sea ice thawing to its second lowest level on record.The grim milestone follows a ‘crazy’ year of heat waves and forest fires in the polar region and will have implications for wildlife, food supplies and the wider climate crisis.The US’ National Snow and Ice Data Centre (NSIDC) s
- It is not known how David Clark was killed when he came across the cattle on the outskirts of Richmond in North Yorkshire but police were called to a report a man had been injured by cows in a field
- Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays and Bank of Scotland have informed customers that they will lose their accounts when the Brexit transition period ends on 31 December - and more banks are expected to follow suit
- Have I Got News For You is 30 (Picture: BBC/Hat Trick/Ray Burmiston)Have I Got News For You is returning to its studio for its 60th series.Series 59 of the long-running panel show was filmed virtually, from the panellists’ respective homes during lockdown.However, the upcoming series, which will mark the show’s 30th anniversary, will be back in the studio, and hopefully with the reintroduction of a studio audience.The audience at Riverside Studios in Hammersmith will be socially dist
- Mother-of-one Ella Lomas, 24, from Fair Oak, Eastleigh, Hampshire, was found by her boyfriend Bradley, after they had a relationship 'tiff' at a party.
- FIFA 21 – no demo this year (pic: EA)Normally there’s always a free FIFA demo before each new game is released but not this year…A demo of the latest FIFA game is all part of the series’ pre-release tradition but just as real-world football has been forced to change by the pandemic, so too have video games.EA has confirmed that there’ll be no FIFA 21 demo, so that the developers can focus on getting the game finished on time – which seems fair enough.But whil
- Megan and Cardi dropped the song of the summer (Picture: YouTube)Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion are going head-to-head in the Billboard Music Awards 2020 nominations but the WAP queens will no doubt be supporting each other. Surprisingly, the pair aren’t nominated for their female empowerment anthem WAP – which stands for Wet A*s P***y – but are instead up for top female rap artist alongside City Girls. WAP likely did play a part in their nomination though as the son
Carole Baskin might have ended up at the bottom on the leaderboard during the first night of Dancing With The Stars, but she’s not giving up hope yet.The Big Cat Rescue CEO admitted that she plans to ‘redeem herself’ on tonight’s episode as she takes on the Waltz with partner Pasha Pashkov.During Tuesday’s Good Morning America, she explained: ‘I’
- Todd Sampson appeared on Anh Do's latest episode of Brush With Fame on Tuesday night and revealed that he believed his older sister was his cousin for much of his childhood.
- Professors at the Science and Technology Committee meeting via Zoom today said young people had already suffered the 'greatest price' for lockdown despite being least at risk.
- Zachary Starr and wife Mikki - found dead at their Ohio home in a suspected murder-suicide - were sending adoring messages to each-other just weeks before their deaths, social media shows.
- Scream 5 has officially started filming and we’re so ready (Picture: Rex)Scream bosses have confirmed that cameras are officially rolling for the fifth instalment.Neve Campbell recently delighted fans after confirming she would be returning to the franchise as Sidney Prescott, alongside Courteney Cox (Gale Weathers) and David Arquette (Dewey Riley).And the official Twitter account revealed that production had commenced.A tweet from @TheScreamSeries simply read: ‘Cameras have official
- It took more than three years for Lee Cole’s case to reach court – despite him telling police exactly what he had done (Picture: Google)A paedophile who handed himself in to police was not charged for another three years, a court heard.Lee Cole, 45, phoned 999 saying he had done ‘something stupid and terrible’ within hours of molesting a young girl in July 2016.In his call to the emergency operator, he detailed the abuse, said he knew he would go to prison for it and then
- Shenton Lee Flenady, 42, sexually abused the girl - who was not his daughter - for a year and told her not to tell anyone, Brisbane District Court heard.
- Beth McKendrick Rafferty passed her Specsavers eye test with flying colours after thinking her 'stabbing' headaches meant she needed new specs - before opticians spotted a large shadow at the back of her right eye
- Fans in pubs are set to miss the end of late Premier League kick-offs (AFP via Getty Images)Fans watching Premier League games in pubs risk missing the end of the match due to the new 10pm curfew.The Government has announced that a strict curfew will begin on Thursday which will see all pubs, bars and restaurants close at 10pm.But with some Premier League fixtures scheduled to begin as late as 8.15pm, people watching matches in pubs and bars will miss the end of the action.Liverpool host Arsenal
- Prince William opens up about his eco-journey in the upcoming ITV documentary (Picture: ITV)Prince William has said becoming a dad gave him a ‘new sense of purpose’ in wanting to protect the planet.The 38-year-old duke – who has George, 7, Charlotte, 5, and Louis, 2 – said he has ‘always loved nature’ but fatherhood made him care more about the future generations.Speaking in the upcoming ITV documentary ‘Prince William: A Planet For Us All’, he sai
- Just one in 10 Americans say they’ll get a Covid vaccine as soon as it comes out. Jennifer Haller from Seattle, right, became the first person in the US to receive a prototype shot in March (Pictures: AP)Only a tenth of Americans will be willing to get the new coronavirus vaccine as soon as it comes out, a new survey claims. The poll, by politics website Axios and polling company Ipsos, found just 13% of people questioned said they’d be willing to have the first-generation Covid-19 p
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!