- Ex pupils from Bethnal Green Academy in east London were made to register with police everyday after Shamima Begum fled the UK in 2015
- Scientists at the University of Konstanz in Germany found that a mouthwash test, which uses PCR and can be self-administered, is just as reliable as the more invasive nasal swab tests
- A five-year-old boy has died after being pulled out of a river in Bridgend, Wales. South Wales Police were called at 5.45am to a missing child report in the Sarn area and he was found in Ogmore River.
- Shaun Pulfrey has scored the nine-figure sum following the sale of Tangle Teezer, the brand which gained global acclaim for helping millions with the woes of knotted hair.
- Lifeguard Brendon Prince, 48, from Torquay, Devon, has spent three months at sea paddling up to 16 hours a day to raise thousands of pounds for charity
- The line in the Gossip Girl reboot referred to Suki as a ‘nobody’ (Picture: Getty/HBO Max)Suki Waterhouse has reportedly called out the reboot of teen drama Gossip Girl after the show included a joke in the script about her boyfriend Robert Pattinson.In an episode of the sequel series of Gossip Girl, which launched this month nine years after the original drew to a close, Luna (Zión Moreno) says a line to Zoya (Whitney Peak) referencing The Batman star Robert and his relations
- There’s danger ahead (Picture: Channel 5)Chloe (Sam Barratt) and Ryder (Lukas Radovich) have been working hard on their food truck business, with the new venture proving to be a success in the Bay.
However, this good fortune is not to last for long as shocking upcoming scenes reveal the truck will suddenly explode, injuring several Summer Bay favourites.It’s a quiet morning, with Jasmine (Sam Frost) walking past after a run and Chloe starting the food in the truck. Ryder is approachi
- A house that was recently on the market offered a very unique feature in the form of a door disguised as a wine rack leading to a secret room with a bar and sofa
NRL will play five games in two days in Brisbane despite ban on all sport during Queensland lockdownFooty fans are in for a treat, with five NRL games to be played in Brisbane on Sunday and Monday. However, crowds are banned at Suncorp Stadium due to the lockdown in Queensland.
- A loss of smell is one of the most commonly associated symptoms of Covid. (Picture: Getty)A loss of taste and smell continues to be one of the most common symptoms associated with Covid.A loss of the senses is also associated with Long Covid, which scientists have recently suggested could be caused by dormant viruses.It’s thought that 5000 people a day could have long Covid by the end of summer, which means many might be struggling to regain one or two of their senses.Whether you’ve
- Katie Suley, 27, from Harwich, Essex, says doctors mistook her extremely rare cancer for pregnancy pain and has since had half her stomach removed. In a cruel twist of fate, her mum Sophie has the disease too
- A new book reveals a shocking response to Elon Musk allegedly asking to take Apple CEO Tim Cook's job five years ago, during Apple's attempted buyout of Tesla, where Cook told him 'f*** you.'
- Officers attended and found the body of the child in the Ogmore River near Pandy Park.An investigation has been launched into the death of a five-year-old boy whose body was pulled from a river in Wales.
South Wales Police were called at 5.45am this morning to a report of concern for a missing child in the Sarn area.Officers attended and found the body of the child in the Ogmore River near Pandy Park.He was taken to Princess of Wales Hospital where it was confirmed that the child had passed away
- The alleged assault happened on the Manchester Airport to Blackpool North service just after 7.30pm on July 21.
- A woman died in the house fire (Picture: Oldbury Fire Station / Google)A woman has died and two people have been rescued after a severe house fire in Smethwick, near Birmingham.West Midlands Fire Service said: ‘We’re saddened to confirm the death of a woman who was this morning rescued by our crews from a severe house fire in Harvest Road, Smethwick.
‘Firefighters also led a man and a second woman to safety. Our thoughts are with them and everyone affected by this incident.&rsq
- South Wales Police are appealing for information after the tragedy which happened at 5.45am today. Police were called to a report of concern for a missing child in Bridgend, Wales
- Courteney Cox quizzed Lisa Kudrow on what Smelly Cat ate on Friends as she wished her a happy 58th birthday (Picture: Brian D. McLaughlin/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images via Getty Images)Courteney Cox is still bemused by what Smelly Cat was eating on Friends, 17 years after the show ended.The actress, 57, took to Instagram on Friday to wish her co-star Lisa Kudrow a happy 58th birthday and quizzed the her on the animal’s diet in the caption of her social media post.Courteney,
- The West Midlands Fire Service confirmed a woman had died following the "severe" house fire in Smethwick - a man and a second woman were led to safety
- Ewan's mum Rachael was convinced something was wrong with her son when he began suffering problems with his vision, headaches, and fatigue. His opticians spotted the signs of brain cancer
- The impact of human-induced climate change has been especially felt in the Arctic (Pictures: Reuters)The amount of ice that melted in Greenland on Tuesday alone was enough to cover the entire state of Florida in two inches of water, scientists have warned.While the volume was less than the record loss recorded in 2019, the ‘massive melting event’ covered a larger area, according to Polar Portal, a group of Danish arctic research institutions.Ice melted in Greenland flows into the oce
- Billie Eilish has spoken out about the difficulties she has with her image (Picture: Getty Images North America)Billie Eilish has spoken about the battle she has to love her own body, saying she feels pressurised by what she sees on social media to look a certain way.The singer, 19, claims societal pressure to look good is unhealthy and that idealised beauty is toxic.She told the Guardian: ‘I see people online, looking like I’ve never looked and immediately I am like, oh my God, how
- One woman suffered serious spinal and head injuries while the other suffered pelvic and arm injuries after the huge tree crashed onto them in Suffolk during Storm Evert on Friday evening.
- A driver was stopped on a road in Prestwich, Greater Manchester, behind the wheel of an uninsured car but police also found a huge amount of cash inside the vehicle
- Gonzoe was fatally shot in Seattle on Thursday (Picture: Instagram)Friends and colleagues of hip-hop star Gonzoe have identified him as the victim of a fatal shooting in Seattle.A man was shot just before 8pm on Thursday night in the 2800 block of Southwest Roxbury Street, near Roxhill Park and a Safeway, with authorities converging at a Shell garage nearby. The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Centre with life-threatening injuries, with King County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson
- A job applicant's exchange with a landscaping company has gone viral after she was told that they feared she "would not be able to handle the work load" unless she is a bodybuilder"
- Remains matching the DNA of the missing British hiker Esther Dingley were found earlier this week. Police say they cannot rule out foul play and think her death may have been an accident
- EXCLUSIVE: Met Police officers closed off parts of Plumstead Road, Woolwich at 6am on Saturday morning as they apprehended and Tasered a suspect who was lying atop a flatbed van.
- Janice Hopper has spoken out against The Acapulco nightclub in Halifax after she said it sold her daughter 10 Jagerbombs at a price of just 75p each. The 16-year-old was found passed out, it is claimed.
- Jonah Somasundaram, 20, appeared Newcastle Local Court via video link on Saturday after being arrested at a home in North Lambton just after 4pm on Friday.
- Emerging from a curtain of beads like an actress making her grand entrance, I was instantly taken with Helen’s gentle smile. Meeting at a mutual friend’s Christmas party in 2009, Helen and I bonded quickly – we shared a sharp sense of humour and a love of geeking out over topics like The Silmarillion (The JRR Tolkien story collection).As we were both transgender, anxieties around romance were greatly lessened – we didn’t have to fear prejudice from each other.I
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!