- A group of nine people drank the antiseptic hand wash when the alcohol ran out at a party on Thursday in Tomtor village in the Tattinsky district of the country's largest region, Yakutia.
- Revellers took to the streets of Tier 2 towns and cities (Liverpool pictured) across the country to enjoy a drink with their household inside or with their friends outside.
- Former President Barack Obama has come under fire by progressive Democrats after criticizing the 'defund the police' campaign and referring to the phrase as a 'snappy slogan.'
- Aaron Kenworth and Chris Moyo stole items including a mobile phone which had photos of the homeless man's children on it, before leaving him to walk the streets of Manchester looking for help
- Sainsbury’s is also set to return the millions it has saved during the pandemic (Picture: Getty Images)Sainsbury’s will hand back around £440 million saved from the Government’s business rates holiday a day after Tesco said it would hand over £585 million and £274 million by Morrisons.This is a breaking story. More to follow.Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] more stories like this, check our news page. Visit our live blo
- Hospitals with cold freezers to store the vaccine will be the first to get it(Picture: EPA)The first 50 hospitals that will be administering the Pfizer coronavirus jab were revealed last night as Boris Jonhnson warned of the ‘immense logistical challenges’ ahead.Dozens of hospitals across the country are already set up and waiting to receive the Covid-19 jab after it was approved by health regulators yesterday.
People over 80 and care home staff will be the first to get doses when th
- Distributing the vaccine has been described as an ‘immense logistical challenge’ (Picture: SWNS)The first 50 hospitals that will be administering the Pfizer coronavirus jab were revealed last night as Boris Jonhnson warned of the ‘immense logistical challenges’ ahead.Dozens of hospitals across the country are already set up and waiting to receive the Covid-19 jab after it was approved by health regulators yesterday.
People over 80 and care home staff will be the first to
- Experts are rushing to allay fears as a worrying number of Brits join the ranks of the baseless vaccine skeptics - here Azeem Majeed, professor of primary care and public health at Imperial College London, helps you separate faction from fiction
- Collins and former flame Orianne Cevey have been locked in a bitter eviction battle for months after she secretly wed Thomas Bates, 31, and moved him into the drummer's home.
- Abbey Forrest, 19, Inda Sohal, 28, and their baby daughter Ivy were killed in the blaze at Point Cook in Melbourne's south-west in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
- A boat trip company has been fined £12,000 after admitting responsibility for the crash which resulted in Jane Francis sustaining catastrophic life-changing injuries
- (Picture: ITV)There is tragedy and heartache in an emotional week of Emmerdale as Laurel Thomas (Charlotte Bellamy) and Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson) reach a painful decision over their pregnancy while Rishi (Bhasker Patel) is in huge danger as he crashes his car.
Meanwhile, there’s a health crisis for Dawn Taylor (Olivia Bromley) while Harriet Finch (Katherine Dow Blyton) has the little matter of DI Malone’s corpse coming back to haunt her.Monday December 7Rishi has accidentally driven
- ‘I feel stuck’ (Picture: Neil Webb)I met a girl in the summer and we started talking on Facebook.
She had a boyfriend but around a month later she left him and we met a few times and talked daily.
Then she went quiet and I found out she was seeing someone else. We agreed that we would still talk to other people while respecting each other, as we’d both just left relationships, but I still feel hurt.
She says she feels sorry for this new guy, which is mostly why she’s with
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Brody Hudson (Adam Woodward) has been spending quite a bit of time with Summer Ranger (Rhiannon Clements) in Hollyoaks, but will passion ensue?Brody hit it off with Summer when they first met last month.
However, he was ultimately left in shock when he discovered that she was none other than abuser Cormac’s (James Gaddas) daughter.
Viewers will know that Cormac was put in hospital after Brody, Felix Westwood (Richard Blackwood) and Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) attacked
- (Picture: ITV)Laurel Thomas (Charlotte Bellamy) struggles in Emmerdale after making a huge decision regarding her pregnancy.
Laurel was shocked when she discovered that she was pregnant, and while she and Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson) were delighted at the thought of having another baby, they soon faced a decision.
Yes, after a CVS test determined that the baby would be born with Down’s Syndrome, the couple spoke in detail, before deciding to end the pregnancy.
After making such a decision, La
- Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) has been left for dead and it’s not exactly going to be an easy case for Jack Branning (Scott Maslen) to lead, given the amount of suspects. But some are more suspicious than others and soon an arrest is made…Elsewhere, the place is swarming with criminals as Kat Slater (Jessie Wallace) and Kush Kazemi (Davood Ghadami) return post heist – and soon Kush has an attack of conscience, which could be bad news for Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden).
- (Picture: ITV)Sarah Platt (Tina O’Brien) makes a huge decision in Coronation Street, as she tries to get the upper hand on Gary Windass (Mikey North) by reporting a dead body to the police.
Gary refuses to do business with Ray Crosby (Mark Frost) in the wake of the anniversary week, referring to him as a sex pest. Debbie Webster (Sue Devaney) is fuming, but the former loan shark refuses to sell the factory.
Gary later heads off with David Platt (Jack P Shepherd) and Abi Franklin (Sally Car
- (Picture: ITV)Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) is thinking of his future with Carla Connor (Alison King) in Coronation Street. With his recent relapse into booze addiction, he realises he is taking the woman he loves for granted, oblivious to the fact that she recently spent the night with Adam Barlow (Sam Robertson).With Peter having declared that he will do everything he can to restore Carla’s faith in him, his mind is on weddings – but he is in for a rude awakening that could shatter
- (Picture: ITV)Faye Windass (Ellie Leach) bravely calls out abuser Ray Crosby (Mark Frost) in upcoming Coronation Street scenes.
During the ITV soap’s milestone 60th anniversary week, Gary (Mikey North) orders Ray to open to open the door to his office, where he finds an emotional Faye with tears in her eyes and her blouse torn.Gary seethes with rage.
In the week that follows, Faye informs Sally and Tim Metcalfe (Sally Dynevor and Joe Duttine) that she’s no longer going to work for Ra
- (Picture: ITV)We all have our bugbears in the workplace and, the world’s longest serving soap (I mean, serial drama) actor has his – as Bill Roache absolutely detests the term ‘soap’.Having played Ken Barlow for 60 years, he knows exactly what goes into the work on a long running drama like Corrie and he believes that the word ‘soap’ is derogatory as he argues that you ‘get some of the best scripts on TV’ from the writers on Weatherfield.He told Me
- Soldiers carried out Exercise Panacea at Ashton Gate stadium in Bristol hours after MHRA approved the Pfizer vaccine for emergency use in Britain, with the first batches on their way
Wendell Sailor accompanies rising NRL star son Tristan to court accused of drugging and raping womanThe 22-year-old former St George Illawarra player arrived at Sutherland Local Court on Thursday with his famous father, former Wallabies and Kangaroos star Wendell Sailor.
Mariah Carey drops first teaser of Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson duet ahead of Christmas specialJennifer Hudson, Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande will lift our spirits this Christmas (Picture: @mariahcarey, Apple TV+)Mariah Carey has delivered the ultimate Christmas cheer by confirming her duet with Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson with the first teaser. Fans are understandably losing their minds after Mariah shared a poster for her upcoming Apple TV+ festive bonanza with a photo of her alongside Ariana and Jennifer belting out their new song, Oh Santa!, into microphones. ‘M
- Hands-on courses in UK universities, such as medicine, will return as normal in January. However courses which can be taught online, such as English and history, will return in late January.
I’m A Celebrity 2020 recap: AJ Pritchard addresses tension with Shane Richie as two campmates voted offIn case you missed last night’s I’m A Celeb, here’s everything you need to know (Picture: Rex)Two more campmates have left I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! and with just two days to go, who will be crowned the winner?AJ Pritchard and Sir Mo Farah were the latest celebs to be eliminated from the series leaving – Shane Richie Giovanna Fletcher, Vernon Kay and Jordan North – to battle it out in the final.Elsewhere, Shane taught Sir Mo Farah how to talk
- This year’s Turnip Prize attracted 120 entries (Picture: SWNS)It’s the biggest moment on the arts calendar: the annual Turnip Prize.This is a prize to celebrate works of art that required very little effort to create.
And in a year where lockdown boredom sparked attempts at crafts and creativity, we’re not surprised to hear that this year’s awards, which started back in 1999 in protest of a Turner Prize nomination going to Tracey Emin for her unmade bed, received a record
- Why have separate Christmas courses when you can combine them in one scoop? (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Christmas food is a magical thing.
Pigs in blankets, perfectly roasted potatoes, even Brussels sprouts – they’re all a delight.
Then there’s the sweet stuff, from Christmas pudding and mince pies to classic gingerbread.
Why not combine the sweet and savoury to capture the taste of Christmas in one mouthful?That’s what Crieff Hydro Hotel and Mackie’s have de
- Byron Bay has been named as one of Australia's best towns for first-home buyers wanting a lifestyle change after the pandemic. Trouble is, the median price of $1.3million doesn't go far.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William have gradually introduced their children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, to their royal lives over the years - but there is one big moment we're still waiting on for the youngest Cambridge child
- Actor Hugh Keays-Byrne has died (Picture: FilmMagic)Mad Max actor Hugh Keays-Byrne has sadly died at the age of 73, it has been confirmed. A representative for Keays-Byrne, who was best known for playing Toecutter in the blockbuster franchise, confirmed he died peacefully on Tuesday morning. The news was first announced in a Facebook post by filmmaker Brian Trenchard-Smith, who directed the actor in 1975’s The Man From Hong Kong. Alongside a photo of the late star from a mov
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!