Multiple emergency services have been searching for the missing man (Picture: BPL Bible/MEN Media)A search for a man who went missing after entering the sea this morning has been called off.
A major search mission was launchedafter a member of the public called 999 reporting that the man had gone into the water at North Pier, Blackpool, at around 9.30am.Police, a coastguard helicopter, lifeboats and paramedics were all at the scene looking for the man. The search was suspended at around 6pm
- The British actor who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars triology has died aged 85.
- Mohsen Fakhrizadeh's murder on Friday was carried out by a team of 62 operatives, including 12 assassins sent to the city of Absard to kill the nuclear scientist, according to a report.
- Adelaide Koala Hospital wasmoved by the South Australian government into a disused building in Campebelltown, north-east of the city, while bushfires ravaged the region last year.
- A video posted to TikTok shows a Sydney woman watering down pedestrians outside her home on Saturday to relieve them from the scorching temperatures.
- Susan Shaw, 67, was seen about 4km up Mount Donna Buang Road in the Yarra Valley by police who pulled over to ask if she was okay.
- Cambridge University student Oona Lagercrantz contracted coronavirus eight months ago but she is still suffering from the effects of the virus, including not being able to breathe properly
- Two cars were seen driving down main street in Hermosa Beach on Saturday. The pair were suddenly joined by a third vehicle which attempted to chase the pair one but it ended up overturning.
- Mike Tyson defeated Roy Jones Jr in their exhibition fight in Las Vegas (Picture: BT Sport)Mike Tyson celebrated his return to the ring after a fifteen-year absence by drawing his comeback fight again Roy Jones Jr.The controversial showdown between the two boxing legends, now in their 50s, had been met with significant criticism and scepticism but the pair both emerged with credit from an absorbing eight-round contest.
Tyson, who hadn’t fought since his defeat to Kevin McBride back in 2005
- The next-generation console sold out within minutes of its release in Australian retail stores on November 12.
- Simone Star was a bikini model and Penthouse Pet before she became a figure in Sydney's underworld in the late '90s and early 2000s.
- The St George Illawarra Dragons player snatched the jackpot while hitting the town with fellow sporting legends Matthew Moylan, Nathan Peats, and Bryce Cartwright on Friday night.
- Sunday will be a grey and misty day for most places in the UK, although north-eastern Scotland could see some sunny spells. Temperatures continue to get colder as we head into December
- Two teachers in Bergen County, New Jersey are being probed after allegedly making homophobic remarks in the chat section of a Zoom class on Wednesday.
- A woman swimming about 100 yards off the coast of Lahaina in West Maui was apparently bitten by a shark Thursday afternoon. Surfers took her to shore and she was transported to a hospital.
- Nicolas Pepe has struggled to make an impact at Arsenal (AMA/Getty)Arsenal are open to selling Nicolas Pepe if they receive a suitable offer, according to reports.The Ivory Coast international was signed in a £72 million deal from Lille last year.But after scoring 35 goals in 74 Ligue 1 appearances for the French club, Pepe has found it difficult to make an impact following his move to the Gunners.The 25-year-old has started just two Premier League games this season and is now suspended fo
- Noelle Pedersen, from Queensland's Gold Coast, dropped her sons at school before taking her daughter to gymnastics and to the beach, before Scout, three, was diagnosed with cancer.
- A blaze that started in a Sydney restaurant is now threatening homes after high winds and scorching temperatures spread flames.
- Sydney, Adelaide and chunks of regional NSWsweltered through the hottest November night on record, with no respite likely until late Sunday afternoon.
- Neymar was not happy with Paris Saint-Germain’s performances ahead of their clash with Manchester United (Canal Plus)Neymar has warned his Paris Saint-Germain teammates that they must improve ahead of their Champions League clash with Manchester United next Wednesday.PSG were held to a 2-2 draw by Bordeaux on Saturday after first-half goals from Neymar and Moise Kean were cancelled out by Yacine Adli’s equaliser in the 60th minute.And the French champions now turn their attention to
- Baltimore County public schools are to remain will be closed, and distance learning is also canceled on Monday and Tuesday next week. It comes after a ransomware attack on the school district's IT system.
- Emmy Reid passed away in the evening of November 20 after watching her favourite Christmas film and listening to Disney music with her mum Leanne and dad Dan by her side
- William "Rowdy" Harrell, 30, and his wife Blakley Harrell, 23, passed away in Florida just four days after their wedding last weekend
- Jonny Evans is on Manchester United’s shortlist ahead of the January transfer window (AMA/Getty)Manchester United are targeting a move for Jonny Evans on a free transfer from Leicester City, according to reports.Louis van Gaal allowed Evans, who had initially made his debut under Sir Alex Ferguson in 2007, to leave United for West Brom in a £6 million deal in 2015.The 32-year-old has impressed since his departure from United and has been one of Brendan Rodgers’ key men at Leice
- The wine tariffs add to the growing list of sanctions imposed on Australian produce, with some accusing China of punishing Australia for its demands for a coronavirus inquiry.
- A student at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is claiming that she was kicked out of her sorority after posting pro-Trump content on her TikTok account.
- Sydney has a seen a rise in gang-related crimes in the last few months, with a deadly turf war said to be responsible for a spate for kidnappings and assassinations.
- In an emotional interview with Daily Mail Australia, Julie, 57, opened up about the final conversation she had with her 'quirky, funny' daughter just hours before her death.
- South Australians have been urged to get tested after a Covid-19 positive man escaped quarantine to visit several shops.
Declan Rice admits he was surprised by Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford in England trainingDeclan Rice is now a regular in England’s set-up (Getty)West Ham midfielder Declan Rice admits he was amazed by the ability of Marcus Rashford when he first trained with the Manchester United forward with England.The 21-year-old is now a regular in Gareth Southgate’s squad after making his senior debut for the Three Lions last year.And Rice admits he was blown away by the level of the players when he joins up with England during the international breaks.But the West Ham midfielder be
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!