- Greater Manchester has seen some of the worst hit areas with coronavirus and people living in the area say that they are still feeling the huge impact on communities.
- Emma before and now (Picture: Emma Forrest-Leigh / SWNS.COM)An obese mum lost half her body weight after hearing she’d be more likely to die if she got Covid-19.Emma Forrest-Leigh, 46, weighed 18 stone and was a size 22 when the pandemic hit. She was terrified when she realised her weight made her very vulnerable to coronavirus.
Determined, Emma watched Boris Johnson’ government daily virus updates to ‘scare’ her to keep on track and stay away from wine, meat, and sweets.
- Care home residents and carers will be first to get the new Covid-19 vaccine - the first in the world to be cleared for clinical use.
Jordan North’s parents have spoken about his time on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, admitting that they ‘couldn’t watch’ his upsetting trials.Mum Wendy and his dad Graham appeared on ITV’s Lorraine this morning, saying how proud they were to see Jordan grow in confidence on the programme.Graham said: ‘He’s conquered quite a few
- Szoboszlai has been linked with a move to the Emirates (Picture: Getty Images)Emile Heskey says Arsenal are in ‘desperate need’ of creativity and believes Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai would be a good fit for Mikel Arteta’s side.The Gunners have picked up just one win in their last six league games and are languishing in 14th place in the table.Their primary struggle has been a lack of creativity in their midfield, which Arteta remains keen on addressing in th
- Neco Williams and Curtis Jones combined to score the only goal of the game against Ajax (Picture: Getty)Andy Robertson heaped praise on Curtis Jones, Neco Williams and Caoimhin Kelleher and said the young trio were ‘different class’ after Liverpool booked their place in the Champions League last 16 with a 1-0 victory over Ajax.Jones capitalised on a mistake from Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana to score his first ever goal in the competition and the strike was enough to send the Reds into
- The TikTok video from @sylvanslacks who claims to be part of the crew which removed the monolith from the Utah desert (TikTok)The mystery of a 12-foot metal monolith appearing in the desert in Utah has kept the internet enthralled for a couple of weeks.The unmarked obelisk was spotted by a helicopter last month after having appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Then, just as suddenly, it disappeared overnight.Now we know it was removed by Utah adventure tour guides who uploaded a video of themselve
- Grimes and Elon Musk welcomed their baby boy in May (Picture: Getty Images)Grimes’ baby boy X AE A-Xii must really be his father’s son as she has shared a sweet photo of her child playing with a book about space. The Oblivion singer welcomed her first child with Space X founder Elon in May and caused a stir with the tot’s unusual name. It seems X AE A-Xii – pronounced X Ash A 12 – is developing at an impressive pace as it looks like he’s already tryi
- Russian private yacht tycoon Viktor Martynov decided to throw expense and environmental concerns to the wind and chartered a helicopter to fly him and his girlfriend two hours for a McDonald's
- Mick Schumacher has signed a multi-year deal with F1 team Haas (AFP via Getty)Mick Schumacher, son of Formula 1 legend Michael, has signed with Haas for the 2021 F1 season.The 21-year-old, who will partner Russian driver Nikita Mazepin for Haas next season, is currently top of the F2 championship with one round remaining.Schumacher also won the European Formula 3 championship in 2018.Mick’s father, Michael, won seven world titles during his illustrious 21-year F1 career, which finished in
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
- Exotic’s team are confident Trump will grant a presidential pardon (Picture: Netflix)Tiger King star Joe Exotic is hoping Donald Trump will soon ‘put pen to paper’ and grant him a presidential pardon. The Netflix star, real name Joe Maldonado-Passage, is currently serving 22 years for a series of offences including a murder-for-hire plot of fellow wildcat enthusiast Carole Baskin and violating several animal-related laws. But since the true crime documentary on his li
- Ruzica West, from Ilford, was given the Landolfi instrument as a present by her grandmother in 2002, but decided to sell it when she fell short of cash in 2015.
- Officers arrived at the Brookhaven castle on Monday morning to break up the illegal gathering, with Covid regulations currently limiting groups to 10 people.
- Around 20 Spanish children have developed hypertrichosis - a condition that sees long hair grow all over a person's body - after they were given the wrong medicine to treat gastric reflux.
- Ryan Covell, 22, had to have part of his skull removed after the sickening attacked by Dean Stewart (Picture: PA)A thug who beat a neighbour so badly he had to have part of his skull removed has been jailed.Dean Stewart, 25, attacked Ryan Covell, 22, in his own home in Newcastle city centre then stabbed him in the neck and body.He was left with life-changing injuries and has been unable to speak since the attack in June.Stewart, who lived in the same flats in Westgate Road, was jailed for seven
- Let’s get through this month without excess money stress (Picture: Lara Jarvis)Christmas is fast approaching and yes, we’re excited.
But along with all the festive joy of the season, this time can also bring financial stress and overwhelm.
It’s important not to get into debt or a money panic pit for the sake of this one day.
The good news is there are lots of ways to enjoy a magical time without it wrecking your finances for the months ahead.I’ve created some free Christm
- Jennifer Aniston shares a behind-the-scenes look at The Morning Show season 2 set (Picture: Instagram/@jenniferaniston)Jennifer Aniston has shared a sneak peek of The Morning Show set as filming resumes for season 2, demonstrating how the production is being kept Covid-safe.After season 1 of The Morning Show was released on Apple TV+ in November last year, season two began filming in March, before being halted due to the coronavirus pandemic.Seven months later, filming was finally back on track,
- Jennifer Aniston is back to work on The Morning Show (Picture: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)Jennifer Aniston has shared a sneak peek of The Morning Show set as filming resumes for season 2, demonstrating how the production is being kept Covid-safe.After season 1 of The Morning Show was released on Apple TV+ in November last year, season two began filming in March, before being halted due to the coronavirus pandemic.Seven months later, filming was finally back on track, albeit with certain prec
- Stephen Maguire fell to a bright new talent in the game at the UK Championship (Picture: Getty Images)Stephen Maguire was thoroughly impressed by Chinese newcomer Pang Junxu on Tuesday after the 20-year-old produced a huge upset to knock the Scot out of the UK Championship.The youngster raced into a 3-0 lead over the former UK champion but Maguire settled and won five frames on the spin, including two centuries, and had his opponent on the ropes.However, the inexperienced Pang showed incredible
- The rules passed despite Labour refusing to back them, and dozens of mutinous Tory MPs voting against in a humiliating night for the Prime Minister
- Cleese’s joke is built on the idea that trans people’s identities are a delusion and should not be taken seriously(Picture: Paul Marotta/Getty Images)Imagine one of the first times you see yourself represented on screen is followed by a man puking, setting his clothes on fire and using a plunger on his own face.That’s what happened in Jim Carrey’s film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, after Carrey’s character was intimate with a transgender woman. And the horror doesn&rs
- Martial is set to return (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can call on Anthony Martial for Wednesday night’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain but Luke Shaw remains a doubt.
Solskjaer’s Manchester United only need a point at Old Trafford to qualify for the last-16 with a game to spare and he has tough decisions to make over who starts in attack.
Former PSG striker Edinson Cavani will be hoping to start against his old club and will be hard to leave out after scoring
'Devout' Christian care worker, 65, who forcibly kissed vulnerable woman where he worked avoids jailTrainee church minister Patrice Agyarey, 65, grabbed the 43-year old victim and 'snogged' her at Fairfield General Hospital, Bury, Greater Manchester.
- Nick Gunnell, 55, from York, became a ‘hidden victim’ of the coronavirus pandemic when he drowned himself in the River Ouse after his business fell apart due to the lockdown, an inquest heard
- Cynical fraudsters are seeking to cash in on the growing panic among those looking for work by flooding the recruitment market with fake job advertisements.
- Dani Lines, 23 says she is 'heart-broken' following the theft of her one-year-old Chow Chows 'Bonnie and Clyde' that cost her £4,000 each on Friday night from the Essex home she shares with partner, Tyler.
- Boris Johnson will answer questions on the Pfizer/BioNTech jab (Picture: No10 Downing Street)The Prime Minister will address the nation this afternoon after the UK became the first country in the world to approve Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine.
Boris Johnson will give a press conference at 5pm, giving further details on the jab and answering questions.
At 10am this morning experts will give a technical briefing on the vaccine, developed in partnership with BioNTech.
Dr June Raine, head of th
- Travis Scott was big in Fortnite (pic: Epic Games)Not only was Travis Scott watched by 12 million people in Fortnite, but he’s rumoured to be getting his own specially branded PS5.The coronavirus might’ve prevented people from getting to a real concert this year but that’s okay because virtual ones can seat a lot more fans, as back in April rapper Travis Scott managed to draw in 12 million viewers via Fortnite.Not only did he attract more people than a real concert could, but h
Hundreds of shoppers queued outside shops before dawn this morning as England sprung back into life following a second national lockdown.Customers were seen lining up outside Primark from as early as 5am as non-essential stores welcomed people back inside on ‘Wild Wednesday’.Many others were keen to get some early bargains in at shops including TK Maxx, Foot Locker, JD Sports
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!