- Sainsbury's shoppers in Wandsworth, south west London were left horrified when a fight broke out in front of the supermarket yesterday afternoon which claimed the life of a 15-year-old
- The Druidstone Hotel, perched on an isolated Pembrokeshire clifftop, is a favourite for visiting holidaymakers in search ofsundown drinks and selfies on the terrace.
- Famous World Heritage Area Fraser Island is set to be renamed to K'gari, the native Aboriginal people's name for the area which means 'paradise'. The Butchulla people have welcomed the change.
- There have already been major supply chain issues hitting the UK (Picture: Getty)There are fears that Christmas dinner could be ‘cancelled’, thanks to a shortage of carbon dioxide (CO2), the UK’s biggest poultry supplier has warned.The unprecedented rise in gas prices has forced the closures of two large fertiliser plants in Teesside and Cheshire, which supply CO2 produced as a by-product to the food industry.The gas is vital in cooling systems used to refrigeration, meaning fr
- The Cop26 president said ministers 'don't see any risks going into the winter' from a spike in global gas prices that prompted the closure of two industrial sites vital to the food and drink industry.
- Stephenie Taylor, 33, turned to the internet to pick up some sperm and an insemination kit after deciding she wanted a second child and discovering private fertility clinics were too expensive
- Georgia Townend has spoken out about the series (Picture: Rex)Love Island may have come to an end back in August but islander Georgia Townend has now spilled all the goss on what viewers didn’t get to see from this season.Georgia was brought in as a bombshell and much to the dismay of many fans, only lasted 48 hours in the villa, before she was sent packing.But she has been providing some excellent light relief for viewers since her exit, after many felt she was ‘robbed’ of a l
- Tane has plenty to say (Picture: Channel 5)Bella (Courtney Miller) has been struggling with her feelings for Nikau (Kawakawa Fox-Reo) since discovering he has been in a car accident and is now fighting for his life in the ICU. After confessing to Ziggy (Sophie Dillman) that she still loves him, she eventually plucks up the courage to go and visit him.When she first sees him hooked up to life support, it’s a shock, but she pushes through and begins talking to him at his bedside. She tells h
- Er, yep (Picture: ITV)Diane Sugden (Elizabeth Estensen) will be left feeling somewhat unloved in upcoming Emmerdale episodes when her date is more interested in playing with her jigsaw than spending time with her.We’re not joking.Away from her love life, Diane will be embroiled in Gabby’s (Rosie Bentham) latest plan with Jamie (Alexander Lincoln), after discovering she’s planning on marrying him.Diane’s desperate pleas for Gabby to abandon her plan leave her feeling shake
- Sonia makes a decision (Picture: BBC)Sonia Fowler (Natalie Cassidy) will make a huge decision in upcoming episodes of EastEnders as she decides to use the surprise inheritance money from Dot Branning (June Brown) for a new business venture.But is it a good idea?Out of earshot, Rocky (Brian Conley) listens to Ethan and Sonia talk about their date.Later on, at Whitney’s (Shona McGarty) gig, Rocky is pleasantly surprised when she reaches the final.However, he’s distracted when he spots
- Where was Zeedan when Yasmeen faced her horrific ordeal with Geoff? (Pictures: ITV)It was a question posed by many a Coronation Street fan when Geoff Metcalfe was traumatising and abusing his wife Yasmeen Nazir (Shelley King) – as Alya (Sair Khan) stood by and fought for her gran, just where was Zeedan (Qasim Akhtar) when all of this was going on?Of course, bosses couldn’t exactly force the actor to come back so we just had to brush over the fact that wild dogs wouldn’t have ke
- Antonio Rudiger has been impressive for Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger has been praised for his aggression and for ‘bullying people’ by Liverpool legend Graeme Souness.The 28-year-old has been a crucial part of Chelsea’s success since Thomas Tuchel took over as manager in January, having previously been frozen out under previous boss Frank Lampard.The Germany international has started all four Premier League games so far this
- The parents of six children living in a Wirral home were arrested and have admitted child cruelty after Merseyside Police discovered 'a scene of unutterable squalor'
- Franky has weighed in to address the backlash (Picture: Instagram)Married At First Sight UK star Franky Spencer has spoken out to stress that the real him isn’t being shown.The fitness coach, whose boss exposed his relationship with his ex-wife, has been paired up with Marilyse with the pair first setting sights on each other at the altar.Although the couple did have one argument, which left Marilyse ditching Franky and spending one night in a different apartment, they’ve been going
- Just 87 were seized in England in 2019, 582 last year and a whopping 3,002 in the first six months of this year.
- Lisa-Marie Cunningham, 47, from Adelaide, andUS-born husband Germayne, 42, areaccused of neglecting and abusing the child and face the death penalty if convicted.
- Rita Ora and Taika Waititi hadn’t spoken out about their romance (Picture: WireImage)Rita Ora has addressed her romance with Taika Waititi for the first time after the pair have seemed inseperable.The couple have been posting sweet snaps on social media and recently attended the Met Gala together, but hadn’t publicly addressed their relationship.Not giving too much away, Rita, 30, simply told Australian Vogue when she was asked about romance: ‘I’m in a great place in my l
- Nikki Jurcutz, proud mum and business woman, said that nappies are designed to absorb liquid so if a child is burned with hot water then the nappy will become a problem
- Romelu Lukaku has made a superb start to his return to Chelsea (Picture: AMA/Getty Images)Tottenham and Chelsea meet in north London on Sunday with both teams looking to continue good starts to the season in the Premier League.Spurs won their first three matches and are looking to bounce back from a surprise 3-0 defeat to Crystal Palace last time out.The Blues have been impressive, picking up 10 points from their first four games and will look to join Liverpool at the top of the table on 13 poin
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Dan Walker sings praises of partner Nadiya Bychkova for staying with him at hospital A&EDan said their ‘partnership was cemented’ when Nadiya came to A&E (Picture: BBC)Strictly Come Dancing 2021 star Dan Walker has shared high praise for his dance partner Nadiya Bychkova, expressing how grateful he was that she stayed with him at A&E when he went to hospital.On Saturday evening, the new series of Strictly officially commenced, as the BBC One launch show revealed to viewers which celebrities had been paired up with which professional dancers.BBC Breakfast present
- Cristiano Ronaldo will be in action for Manchester United again (Picture: Getty Images)Manchester United face the tricky task of a trip to West Ham United on Sunday afternoon as they attempt to return to the top of the Premier League table.The Red Devils can return to the summit of the division with a big win in east London, but would be happy with any kind of victory, which would put them level on points with Liverpool at the top.The Hammers have ambitions of their own at the top of the table,
- Thunderstorms are set to batter Britain today, with 12 hours of downpours in eastern areas of the country from Newcastle down to Brighton and up to two inches of rainfall as the Indian summer fades.
More people are turning to private healthcare – so should we be worried about the future of the NHS?Is this a major problem? (Picture: Getty)We’ve owed so much of the past 18 months to the NHS. But now strains are more apparent than ever before.New research from charity Engage Britain has revealed one in five people have been forced to access private healthcare.After speaking to a representative group of over 4,000 people, the charity found that 21% went private because NHS treatment was not available.
Dylan Hayward is one of those people. The 26-year-old used private healthcare for the
- Don’t assume the same shaped pill will always have the same contents (Picture: The Loop/Rex)Partygoers have been urged to get their drugs tested after four different coloured ‘Pharaoh’ pills at Parklife festival were found to contain completely different substances.
The Loop, a charity that checks drugs at festivals, clubs, found at the Manchester event last weekend that only one variety of this pill actually contained MDMA (ecstasy) as advertised.
While safety alerts about cer
- Designer Anya Hindmarch is here to helpIf there’s one assurance in life, it’s that you’ll doubt yourself.
So thank goodness for handbag and accessories designer Anya Hindmarch, who provides a ‘manual for life’ in her new book, If In Doubt, Wash Your Hair.‘It’s all the information that I want to pass on, the things I think would’ve been helpful to know when I was younger,’ says mum-of-five Hindmarch, 52.
‘Doubt is a great thing. It&rsquo
- The Duke of York could be set to leave Balmoralto see his heavily pregnant daughter Beatrice within days after the Queen's granddaughter was apparently admitted to a London hospital on Friday.
- Michael van Gerwen and Fallon Sherrock created a memorable and historic final in Copenhagen (Picture: Mikal Schlosser/PDC)Fallon Sherrock admits she was shaking during her historic clash with Michael van Gerwen in the final of the Nordic Darts Masters, threatening to cause a stunning upset at 6-3 ahead, before falling to an 11-7 defeat.Sherrock became the first woman to reach a televised PDC final after stunning Dimitri van den Bergh with an epic comeback in the semis, beating the Belgian 11-10
- A man, 47, has been arrested on suspicion of murder over the death of Duane Denny whose photo has now been released by police as they appeal for more information
- Michelle Hadaway's daughter Karen and her friend Nicola Fellows were found sexually assaulted and strangled in the Babes in the Wood murders
- The head of Victoria's Police Association has said his officers showed as 'much restraint as they could' in the face of violent anti-lockdown riots.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!