- Calum Semple, professor of child health and outbreak medicine at Liverpool University, says that while some restrictions might be needed after the festive period, these might not need to be 'draconian'.
- Several MPs and a Conservative peer reportedly wrote to senior judges urging them to prevent the public release of the character references, used in Elphicke's sentencing.
- The gunship was one a pair of Army helicopters flying through the controlled traffic zone around the airport in Essex when both crews spotted the drone.
- Former German dictator Adolf Hitler's distinctive side profile including his menacing, scowling eyes, straight nose, and infamous moustache can be seen gazing out from within kitten Killi's ear.
- Officers were injured after being pelted with lit spray cans and bottles as they arrived to disperse the Halloween event at a warehouse in Yate, near Bristol, after up to 700 people had gathered.
- European leaders are now 'hopeful' the UK and the EU will be able to to agree the outlines of a post-Brexit trade deal within the next week.
- Tasnime Akunjee spoke out after the Supreme Court heard allowing the 21-year-old, who fled to join ISIS aged 15, to appeal the decision to take away her passport would be an 'affront to justice'.
- Charles Darwin’s manuscripts have been stolen from Cambridge University (PA)Two Charles Darwin manuscripts have been reported as stolen from Cambridge University Library two decades after they were last seen.Staff believed that the precious items had been ‘mis-shelved’ within the vast archives late in the year 2000 and the matter was not reported to Cambridgeshire Police until October 20 this year.The force said it has launched an investigation and notified Interpol.It is diffi
- Megan and her partner William live with their two children in a three-bedroom house in Falkirk (Picture: Megan Porter)Welcome back to What I Rent; our weekly series exploring the ins and outs of renting a home.
Each week we take a look around someone’s rented property and chat with them about their experiences renting – from the teeny-tiny studio flats the the beautifully decorated houses they call home.
Last week we chatted with Rosie, a fashion graduate paying £700 a month fo
- There were 2,466 deaths involving Covid-19 registered in the week ending November 13 in England and Wales - the highest number since May, the Office for National Statistics said
Ranvir Singh has shut down rumours that she’s dating her Strictly pro partner Giovanni Pernice – despite pal Piers Morgan stirring the pot on GMB.
The journalist called into Good Morning Britain this morning to update her co-workers after her latest performance with Giovanni last Saturday.
Dancing an Argentine Tango to When Doves Cry by Prince, the close pair were praised for
- Around 180,000 people from 39 suburbs have been urged to get tested if they display symptoms of COVID-19 after fragments of the disease were found in sewage, NSW Health reported.
- Military insiders said the blaze broke out near Kim Jong-un's "No. 2 Missile Launch site" close to the Chinese border - and officials could be executed even if they are blameless
- Tomb Raider Reloaded – isn’t she cute? (pic: Square Enix)Lara Croft is set to return, but with a bobble head and a mobile-only free-to-play game.The release of Shadow Of The Tomb Raider was only two years ago but somehow it seems a lot longer since the final part of the most recent Tomb Raider trilogy appeared.The game, and trilogy as a whole, was neither flop nor runaway success, which makes it hard to guess what might follow, although now it’s happened a mobile game as a stop
- (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street star Ian Bartholomew has revealed that had weekly counselling sessions due to portraying evil abuser Geoff Metcalfe.
The actor told The Sun: ‘Emotionally it’s been really quite tricky and I don’t think it was easy being around me at times, so I did approach Coronation Street for some counselling, which they very kindly gave me.‘So every week I had the opportunity to walk into a room and just off-load and say: “this is what I’m f
- The narrow house, on Millbrook Road East, in Southampton, Hampshire, somehow crams in three bedrooms, and four reception rooms across three floors and is on sale for £250,000.
- The nine-year-old lab is seen bursting with bounds of puppy-like excitement as she rounds the corner to spot her owner Joy Nameth, from Colorado, has come home after two months of deployment.
Katie Price has revealed she’s ‘gutted’ to sell hundreds of pairs of designer shoes after having surgery which changed the shape of her feet.The star has discovered many of them don’t fit anymore after she underwent surgery following her accident, which broke both of her feet.The mum-of-five had metal inserted into her feet to hold them together, and was told she
- The 36-year-old Spaniard is under investigation after falsely claiming he caught Covid off a pizza box when the delivery driver brought him his meal.
- A manhunt is underway for two brazen helmet-wearing robbers who ambushed the 18-year-old at the Warwick Farm BP in Sydney's south-west just after 7pm on Monday night.
- WARNING: NUDITY Helen Frost says she has been blocked for months at a time for posting photos of the free 3D nipple tattoos she draws on breast cancer survivors
- Shane Jr has hit out at the trolls (Picture: Rex)Shane Richie’s son has poked fun at his dad for being voted to do the next I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! trial while also hitting out at trolls ‘making him look like the devil’.Shane Richie Jr took to Twitter to celebrate after Ant and Dec revealed the former EastEnders star will be taking on Cruel Jewels in tonight’s episode, but also noted how the actor was being targetted by cruel keyboard warriors.
- Airline giants Qantas and Jetstar have announced flights as cheap as $39 as borders around the country begin to open.
- Avon and Somerset Police have released images of people following a 24-hour Halloween rave in a disused warehouse in Beeches Industrial Estate in Yate near Bristol
- Lee Ainsley, 54, was trying to swim across a pond in Radcliffe, Greater Manchester, when he suddenly went under the surface and didn't come back up, an inquest heard
- A tournament started on Monday night (Photo: WWE)A week after Drew McIntyre captured the WWE Championship on Raw, the red brand has begun its search for his TLC challenger.The opening segment of the night saw the five members of Team Raw pleading their case to Adam Pearce about getting a title shot after their Survivor Series victory.It would have been nice to announce this opportunity in advance to add some stakes, at least the clean sweep meant something eventually, as AJ Styles, Sheamus, Keit
- An ecstasy tablet stamped with the skull logo of the Marvel comic book character The Punisher was found next to schoolboy Alex Buchan at a party in Holbeach, Lincolnshire
- Pro ice hockey player Adam Gaudette left his bride in pain after trying to perform a topless dance at their wedding. As he goes to turn and lift his leg over her head, he accidentally hits her in the face.
- Ipsa is understood to be looking at options including a temporarily freeze or a smaller increase, following an outcry from politicians across parties.
- Police were working at Old Compton Street in Soho, London, as bars and pubs closed at 10pm on November 4, before a four-week lockdown began at midnight on November 5.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!