- The Russian tycoon played a key role in the release of the prisoners, it has been claimed (Picture: Getty)Former Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovich welcomed released British prisoners onto their flight out of Russia.John Harding was set free on Wednesday alongside Shaun Pinner, Aiden Aslin, Dylan Healy and Andrew Hill.The group landed in Britain in the early hours of Thursday morning.In an interview with The Sun, Mr Harding said the former Chelsea boss introduced himself to Mr Pinner.M
- An Orlando woman has confessed to plotting to kill her younger sister after learning the sister flirted with her long-distance boyfriend.
- Bill Ballard was out catching a wave at Wallagoot Beach on the NSW South Coast when he spotted the plane and two occupants 'screaming and pointing' to warn him of a nearby shark.
- Wet weather will continue to hit the country this evening, after thunderstorms struck northern and eastern parts of the UK, with more rain returning this weekend.
- Italian air force announced that the squadron took off from the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad and flew an aggressive path which took them through Polish skies before entering Swedish air space
- Staff were apparently wracked by nerves and some even left 'shaking' ahead of meetings with Meghan Markle, according to royal author and Times journalist Valentine Low.
- Ruth Lawrence, 42, from Clontarf in North Dublin was at the centre of a global manhunt after the brutal killings of Eoin O'Connor and Anthony Keegan in 2014.
Lincoln man dices with death as he staggers across level crossing seconds before train thunders pastShocking CCTV footage from Network Rail shows a 'reckless' man, who appears intoxicated, climbing over the barriers and staggering over tracks at a level crossing seconds before a train arrives.
- A couple was gobsmacked as they came home from their romantic honeymoon getaway to discover their friends had savagely pranked their home - people are criticising the hoax but the newlyweds have confirmed that the fish will go to a new home
- The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane will now be given a show cause notice and have to battle it out with the Queensland government to stay open.
- A picture of a six-year-old boy living in a car with his mother shows the reality of Australia's housing crisis. Mackay and her child lived in her ute for six months until she was eventually offered housing.
- A mum says she has been forced into debt for everyday items such as school uniform a the ongoing cost of living crisis continues to bite and fears looking at her bank balance
- Christian Eriksen says confidence in the Manchester United camp remains high (Picture: Getty)Manchester United midfielder Christian Eriksen feels ‘confidence is building’ at the club despite Sunday’s 6-3 defeat to Manchester City.The 30-year-old Denmark international joined United this summer as a free agent, following a six-month spell at Premier League side Brentford.Eriksen has registered three assists across his first nine games for the club in all competitions.United&rsquo
- If you’re trying to lose weight, you should be eating your dinner at 5pm. At least, this is what a new Harvard study suggests which looked at how supper time can affect your weight
- Meghan opened up as her podcast returned following the Queen’s death (Picture: Reuters)Meghan Markle has described visiting nude Korean spas alongside her mother as a teenager in Los Angeles a ‘very humbling experience’.Revealing her teenage embarrassment at walking around naked with her mother at a Korean spa in Los Angeles, the Duchess of Sussex relived the experience in the latest episode of her podcast.She was exploring the ‘Dragon Lady’ stereotype with journali
- Chris Cuomo placed last in his return to prime time television - drawing just 147,000 viewers, 20 times less than that of Fox News rival Tucker Carlson at 2.875 million.
- Jessica Lawson became trapped after a pontoon capsized in a lake near the city of Limoges in France (Picture: PA)Three British teachers have been found not guilty over the death of a 12-year-old girl.Jessica Lawson drowned in a lake on a school trip to France in 2015 after a pontoon capsized.Steven Layne, Chantelle Lewis and Daisy Stathers had been facing charges equivalent to manslaughter by gross negligence in a French court.Prosecutors were pushing for jail terms of up to three years but they
- Approximately 1.1 million people in private households tested positive for Covid in the latest week across the UK according to the Office of National Statistics
- An artist’s impression of the reptile Scleromochlus taylori as it existed millions of years ago (Credits: PA)A fossilised reptile unearthed in Scotland lived during the age of dinosaurs and was closely related to an extinct group of flying reptiles known as pterosaurs, new research suggests.The small cat-sized creature, named Scleromochlus taylori, is thought to have roamed the planet somewhere between 240 to 210 million years ago.Pterosaurs were one of the first animals to evolve powered
- The AirPods Pro update is here and there’s a lot on offer (Credit: Apple)AirPods are probably the most-loved of all Apple’s accessories – and with good reason.Apple pioneered the quick-pairing wireless headphones and has steadily refined and improved them as the years pass.The latest update is to the flagship in-ear AirPods Pro includes a few well thought-out extra features and the usual technical improvements. Even though, as some may have wanted, there’s no revolutionar
- People on Universal Credit could get far less than expected next year if the Government changes the way that normal increases are worked out - and several top Tories hint that might happen
- Hasbro has updated the game for a new generation in time for Halloween - and is even offering murder mystery fans the chance to escape a real Cluedo manor house
- Kim Smith lost all four limbs to sepsis from a UTI (Picture: SWNS)A woman is to undergo a rare double hand transplant after losing all of her limbs to sepsis from a urinary tract infection (UTI).
Kim Smith, 61, spent nine weeks in a coma and had her hands and legs amputated after she contracted the infection on holiday in 2017.
She felt like she ‘was going to die’ and was rushed to the hospital in Elda, Spain, after suffering from intense back pain and fever.Doctors diagnosed her wit
- The presidents of the Portugal, Spain and Ukraine football federations announced the joint bid on Wednesday (Photo: Getty)Ukraine has officially joined Spain and Portugal’s bid to host the FIFA World Cup in 2030.Reports of the plans emerged on Tuesday, with the three respective football associations officially announcing the bid on Wednesday.Spain and Portugal had already confirmed a joint bid to host the tournament last year but have now joined forces with Ukraine in order to ‘chang
- Nearly half would turn down an interview offer if salary details weren't listed in the job advert - and a third have declined a job offer after finding out wages
- Mahsa Amini, 22, was pronounced dead days after the notorious morality police detained her. Since then, protests have swept the country, with schoolgirls now joining the fight for their rights.
- The Lightning cable has been the charging method of iPhones since 2012 (Credit: Getty)Apple will be forced to adopt a new type of charging method for the iPhone after the EU voted to enforce USB-C.The charging standard is used by almost all phone manufacturers apart from Apple, which has preferred its own Lightning port since 2012.According to the new directive passed this week by the European Parliament, any phone manufacturer wanting to sell their wares in Europe must include USB-C.For iPhone
Fury over Surrey Police arrest of Catholic mother over claims she posted 'malicious' messages onlineFreedom of speech campaigners have branded the arrest of a gender-critical Catholic mother over a series of 'malicious' online posts 'a waste of time on trivial nonsense'.
- Kyron Lee, from Slough was stabbed in the right leg and died from blood loss and shock at the scene. It came after the 21-year-old had crashed his bike into a car and was chased by four men.
- Two-thirds of Brits admit to buying large quantities of food knowing full well they will throw some of it away - with bags of salad as the top culprit
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!